Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Btw, I don't know if you guys watched So You Think You Can Dance or have seen the Ikea commercial, but Christine and I saw this guy in Toronto on Sunday:

robert-muriane-01-2008-06-05.jpg01-robert-bullfrog.jpg

It was SO cool to see him perform live!

Is this it? The same guy?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this it? The same guy?

That's him! The guy must be quadruple-jointed. His body moves in ridiculous ways, and he's got a good sense of humour too. We both left our cameras at home unfortunately... I got a short cell phone clip but I didn't get any of the good parts.

Sari, what about Avoca? She is about the only other candidate I would reckon!

Hmm...no, I don't think that it would be Avoca. It really sounds like a native English speaker to me...How about Rose? She was standing right in front of me. Could it be her?

Mind you, I do still think that the speaker has a Scottish or Northern accent, but if you insist of exonerating yourself and your daughter :bleh:.

Don't give her any ideas!

Too late :roftl:.

it has to be said that she didn't seem to feel much remorse at the time:naughty:

:shocked:Oooh- You people are going to destroy my public image :roftl:

IKEA!

I'm living 10 minutes from the first IKEA store he opened ni the 60ths!

:punk:You're the real Swedish deal baby!!!

Wow! Completely amazing!

This is even better. You can see a lot more of his moves. Keep watching after the audition where he goes down to the ground and tucks his head under. He was doing that on the pavement in my neighbourhood! It was insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMCYiaxzds

IKEA!

I'm living 10 minutes from the first IKEA store he opened ni the 60ths!:thumb_yello:

Cool! I love Ikea! :thumb_yello:

Hmm...no, I don't think that it would be Avoca. It really sounds like a native English speaker to me...How about Rose? She was standing right in front of me. Could it be her?

Mind you, I do still think that the speaker has a Scottish or Northern accent, but if you insist of exonerating yourself and your daughter :bleh:.

Too late :roftl:.

:shocked:Oooh- You people are going to destroy my public image :roftl:

:punk:You're the real Swedish deal baby!!!

I agree, I don't think it sounds like Avoca either and I definatetly don't think it is Rose. When Ab gets back form her holidays I will ask her what she thinks. but there was only us five there wasn't there? (well, apart form the other 55,495 of course! ) You, me, Ab, Rose and Avoca?

It's ok...............your image is not under threat.............it is shot at anyway:roftl:

IKEA!

I'm living 10 minutes from the first IKEA store he opened ni the 60ths!:thumb_yello:

My friend just moved back to Sweden from Japan...she works at Ikea. It's a small world. You probably know her.:wink2::naughty:

(Just mimicking what people in the UK always say to me when they find out I am Australian. They say their cousin or aunt or someone moved to Australia in 1958 and don't I know them??)

This is even better. You can see a lot more of his moves. Keep watching after the audition where he goes down to the ground and tucks his head under. He was doing that on the pavement in my neighbourhood! It was insane.

:shocked:I have been watching all these vids with my kids, gosh he is unreal!! Thanks you guys for introducing him to us!!

My friend just moved back to Sweden from Japan...she works at Ikea. It's a small world. You probably know her.:wink2::naughty:

(Just mimicking what people in the UK always say to me when they find out I am Australian. They say their cousin or aunt or someone moved to Australia in 1958 and don't I know them??)

Yes it’s a classic!:roftl:

I get it a lot from people living outside Stockholm: O, you live in Stockholm then you must know etc….!

Well we are just around one million people.:wink2:

I agree, I don't think it sounds like Avoca either and I definatetly don't think it is Rose. When Ab gets back form her holidays I will ask her what she thinks. but there was only us five there wasn't there? (well, apart form the other 55,495 of course! ) You, me, Ab, Rose and Avoca?

It's ok...............your image is not under threat.............it is shot at anyway:roftl:

I think that it was only us as in English speakers :boxed:. Hence why I think that it has to be you :naughty:.

Yes it’s a classic!:roftl:

I get it a lot from people living outside Stockholm: O, you live in Stockholm then you must know etc….!

Well we are just around one million people.

Bah, nothing, you should all know eachother intimately of course :roftl:.

That was absolutely incredible! How lucky you guys were to see him in your neighbourhood! Since the forum is fairly quiet just atm, I might have to spend some time checking him out on youtube. But not right now. Hubby wants the pc back.

That was absolutely incredible! How lucky you guys were to see him in your neighbourhood! Since the forum is fairly quiet just atm, I might have to spend some time checking him out on youtube. But not right now. Hubby wants the pc back.

This is a video someone took of the performance we saw... he was sitting right infront of where we were:

I'm notoriously camera-shy, but we're both in this video (kind of!). I was sitting on the sidewalk and Christine was standing behind me. Christine is at 1:00 (I ducked when I saw the camera), and at 1:26 I am the pale arm with the black t-shirt right behind the guy with the baseball cap, and below Christine. Really, it's me.

Here's a much better video of what the performance we saw, starting at about 3:45 (well, not a great quality vid, but it's the whole performance). At about 2:10 there are some pictures of the sword-swallowing guy on the unicycle that came before him.

Oooh... check this out! It's the making of the Ikea commercial.

The girl is from Toronto, and it looks like it was filmed in Toronto too. Yay Canada.

This is a video someone took of the performance we saw... he was sitting right infront of where we were:
I'm notoriously camera-shy, but we're both in this video (kind of!). I was sitting on the sidewalk and Christine was standing behind me. Christine is at 1:00 (I ducked when I saw the camera), and at 1:26 I am the pale arm with the black t-shirt right behind the guy with the baseball cap, and below Christine. Really, it's me.

Here's a much better video of what the performance we saw, starting at about 3:45 (well, not a great quality vid, but it's the whole performance). At about 2:10 there are some pictures of the sword-swallowing guy on the unicycle that came before him.

Oooh... check this out! It's the making of the Ikea commercial.

The girl is from Toronto, and it looks like it was filmed in Toronto too. Yay Canada.

I can't help but look at him and think "If he came into accident and emergency after a car accident or something, and was unconscious, with limbs all akimbo, the staff would have all sorts of fun trying to work out if anything was actually dislocated!"

Was there any cringe factor while you were watching him where you were just going "Nnnnnnggggg! That's gotta hurt. Surely?"

I think that it was only us as in English speakers :boxed:. Hence why I think that it has to be you :naughty:.

Bah, nothing, you should all know eachother intimately of course :roftl:.

Yeah just like we all can easily bump into Mika in a city of 7m. Move to London! It's so easy!

Yeah just like we all can easily bump into Mika in a city of 7m. Move to London! It's so easy!

Could never happen...:cool:

Hey, wait!

What happened to a certain penguin and his personal T-shirt designer in the month of May?:wink2::wub2:

[/color]

Are you sure it's not you..................that is the other option of course!:naughty:

Nice to see some friends like kath (hi kath!)visiting this thread!

So, I'm going to this 70s party tonight and I didn't really have an opportunity to find an authentic outfit:thumbdown: I had soooo many ideas, but never got the chance to go dowtown vintage shopping.

Wonder Woman (the superhero and the show with Lynda Carter) had it's heyday in the 70s. But instead of dressing up like Wonder Woman, I copped out and got a t-shirt instead. Also got a rainbow belt and pink flared (bell-bottom-like) corduroys. This is my not-so exciting attire tonight:

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

My 7yr old's outfit is fab (i'll try to get a pic of her in it later). And my 13 yr old is wearing an afro wig.:naughty: Closetmika fan hasn't got a costume. :thumbdown:

My pants need to be a lot wider at the bottom.

Nice to see some friends like kath (hi kath!)visiting this thread!

So, I'm going to this 70s party tonight and I didn't really have an opportunity to find an authentic outfit:thumbdown: I had soooo many ideas, but never got the chance to go dowtown vintage shopping.

Wonder Woman (the superhero and the show with Lynda Carter) had it's heyday in the 70s. But instead of dressing up like Wonder Woman, I copped out and got a t-shirt instead. Also got a rainbow belt and pink flared (bell-bottom-like) corduroys. This is my not-so exciting attire tonight:

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

My 7yr old's outfit is fab (i'll try to get a pic of her in it later). And my 13 yr old is wearing an afro wig.:naughty: Closetmika fan hasn't got a costume. :thumbdown:

Looks lovely Suzy..............have a great time!:thumb_yello:

Was there any cringe factor while you were watching him where you were just going "Nnnnnnggggg! That's gotta hurt. Surely?"

Sort of. I mean you imagine if you did it yourself it would hurt like hell. But it's obviously easy for him.

It's too bad Mika doesn't have any rhythm. He seems flexible enough to do that sort of thing. :naughty:

No I don't think so. That belt, the corduroy, the t-shirt...it all looks about 1978ish and pants didn't have wide bottoms. Not in Scarborough anyway. :naughty:

I can't wait to see the pics of the family. Sounds great. Have fun!