Darren Hayes

DarkLight

anyone else here like Darren Hayes (ex Savage Garden lead singer)

I absolutely ADORE him!!! & have had the pleasure of meeting him twice & he left me a comment on my myspace too (woohoo)

he is such a lovely guy!!! If you've never heared of him (surprisingly some people still don't know who he is after 11 years in the music industry)

you should check him out!!

http://www.myspace.com/darrenhayes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww.. blue eyes, what a cute pic! :wub2:

used to love SG. darren is very talented and sings beautifully.

BTW, I have your dec. gift onto my PC desk :wub2: thank you and your hubby again! :wub2:

matt loves darren, I hope he finds out of the existance of this thread.. :wink2:

Yeah, am a fan too although I only ever bought SG's first album. He is from Brisbane in Queensland like me and actually had a house up the road from my parents, although I have never had the pleasure of meeting him.

He did request ME to be his friend on myspace the other day which was kind of trippy!

You Londoner's prob get to see a lot more of him than what I do in Perth, Australia!

• 1 year later...
Ba-bump!

Was looking at Darren's cover of Last Christmas:

And came across his cover of Sexual Healing:

Love this man's voice! Darren fans, where you at? :mf_lustslow:

donno how many times ive heard em when i was obsessed with him.

The times i saw him at the Hammersmith Apollo + afterpartys. I was in heaven especially cos his sis invited me. Still think he is great :thumb_yello: And would go check out a show here (denmark) if he did one. And christ i was lost in him. Still have things from when i was obsessed... D-zine, vip access cards, show photos, 3 fan photos... me and him, me and his manager and me and his sis. the good old days many years ago. The first time i went to London for 14 days time was to see him live :wub2: have to say i miss those days. Will put on some SG now even though its 6:05 am. Great voice. Very talented, sweet

Ba-bump!

Was looking at Darren's cover of Last Christmas:

And came across his cover of Sexual Healing:

Love this man's voice! Darren fans, where you at? :mf_lustslow:

Ohh i love darren's version of sexual healing imho it's far better than the original!!!

donno how many times ive heard em when i was obsessed with him.

The times i saw him at the Hammersmith Apollo + afterpartys. I was in heaven especially cos his sis invited me. Still think he is great :thumb_yello: And would go check out a show here (denmark) if he did one. And christ i was lost in him. Still have things from when i was obsessed... D-zine, vip access cards, show photos, 3 fan photos... me and him, me and his manager and me and his sis. the good old days many years ago. The first time i went to London for 14 days time was to see him live :wub2: have to say i miss those days. Will put on some SG now even though its 6:05 am. Great voice. Very talented, sweet

wow sounds cool

not seen him for a couple of years now (on his last tour) but hopefully he'll tour again soon but not too soon i have way too many shows to go to next year i wouldn't be able to afford it

apparently he's signed to a uk label now so hopefully he'll be working on new material soon?

oh his solo stuff is wicked! The great big disconnect is amazing if you can find it online do listen I'm sure you'll love it :)

I need to listen to his more recent solo stuff. I ADORED Spin. I think it's better than the first Savage Garden album, and on par with Affirmation.

I have This Delicate Thing We've Made but I've only listened to it once. Bad fan, I know! :aah: Problem is, I got it right before I got TBWKTM and Mika has since taken over a huge portion of my music listening time. Must crawl out from under this Mika rock! :roftl:

I need to listen to his more recent solo stuff. I ADORED Spin. I think it's better than the first Savage Garden album, and on par with Affirmation.

I have This Delicate Thing We've Made but I've only listened to it once. Bad fan, I know! :aah: Problem is, I got it right before I got TBWKTM and Mika has since taken over a huge portion of my music listening time. Must crawl out from under this Mika rock! :roftl:

Oh I know what you mean I have this delicate thing we've made since it was released about 2 & a half years ago & still haven't listened to it all:shocked: *slaps self* it's Mika's fault lol I swear hahaha:naughty:

I've listened to him (Mika) too much & now back to Michael Jackson a lot more (before he died not since)

I got into listening into his music more frequently than I had for a few years since I picked up a new copy of off the wall (My old copy was cracked & I hadn't got round to replacing it) but as I say I got a new copy it was about 3 months before he died & I've been listening to that as well as other MJ albums & Mika's new one more than anything else lol:naughty:

Ohh i love darren's version of sexual healing imho it's far better than the original!!!

wow sounds cool

not seen him for a couple of years now (on his last tour) but hopefully he'll tour again soon but not too soon i have way too many shows to go to next year i wouldn't be able to afford it

apparently he's signed to a uk label now so hopefully he'll be working on new material soon?

Its was a loooooong time ago. Back in 02

I loved Savage Garden back in the day.

Never really got into Darren Hayes solo stuff.

I miss Savage Garden..

i remember this montreal radio station competition to win tickets to their show many years ago.

you had to wake someone up by spraying them with the garden hose.

many women called in and were waking their partner up with water :roftl:

you'd hear all kinds of beeping as they were editing the swear words for the radio :aah: