angie1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's something to get you even more confused :

The official songbook says "cuss me up and down"

"cuss" ?? :blink: i don't even know this word !!!!

native speakers wanted pleaaaaaaase !!!!

cuss and curse mean the same thing: swearing, offensive language etc.

Jodi Marr, who helped co-write this song, also helped co-write Grace Kelly :wink2::thumb_yello:

thats even more interesting... i wonder which part exactly, which words

i still dont like my interpretation but the lyrics from GK are genius whoever wrote them

wow, as im writing this ijust cant believe

grace kelly has been co-written!!!

it might really change the way i see mika as a songwriter

did he write love today alone or not or maybe it was co-written too , wow, and maybe he is not the writer of holy johhny and ....wow, it changes everything

i still dont like my interpretation but the lyrics from GK are genius whoever wrote them

did he write love today alone or not or maybe it was co-written too , wow, and maybe he is not the writer of holy johhny and ....wow, it changes everything

isn't absurd how we discuss everything bout his work?:naughty:

Overrated, overrated..:fisch:

Other people helped co-write Grace Kelly too I believe, but Mika wrote love today by himself.

right, that's it. i'm getting the booklet!

Grace Kelly: MIKA, Jodi Marr, John Merchant, Dan Warner

(please note that Mika's name comes first. I assume this means he wrote most of it and the others just helped tweak it)

Lollipop:MIKA

My Interpretation: MIKA, Jodi Marr, Richie Supa

Love Today: MIKA

Relax (Take It Easy): MIKA

Any Other World: MIKA

Billy Brown: Mika

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful): MIKA

Stuck In The Middle: MIKA

Happy Ending: MIKA

Ring Ring: MIKA, Jodi Marr

Over My Shoulder: MIKA

ta-duh.

isn't absurd how we discuss everything bout his work?:naughty:

Overrated, overrated..:fisch:

we're jaded on the MFC...

:roftl:

Grace Kelly: MIKA, Jodi Marr, John Merchant, Dan Warner

(please note that Mika's name comes first. I assume this means he wrote most of it and the others just helped tweak it)

Lollipop:MIKA

My Interpretation: MIKA, Jodi Marr, Richie Supa

Love Today: MIKA

Relax (Take It Easy): MIKA

Any Other World: MIKA

Billy Brown: Mika

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful): MIKA

Stuck In The Middle: MIKA

Happy Ending: MIKA

Ring Ring: MIKA, Jodi Marr

Over My Shoulder: MIKA

believe it or not i was going to cry but i feel a bit better

BLAME IT ALL ON RICHIE SUPA then!!!!!!

btw do you know for which famous male artist mika wrote a song under a pseudonym? maybe we hear that song all the time and we dont have a clue

btw do you know for which famous male artist mika wrote a song under a pseudonym? maybe we hear that song all the time and we dont have a clue

i have no idea what you're going on about..? :blink:

no i understand that, but mika has written a song for another artist or is that you speculating..?

speculating?? i dont get it, mika has been asked last year if he would consider to write for someone else and he said" its done, under a pseudonym and it should be realeased soon" and it was last year so i assumed its done now...and as you thought me about GK and MI i thought maybe you could answer this one since no one has never been able to do it

i dont know why i would be speculating about anything like that it wouldnt make any sense...

mika has been asked last year if he would consider to write for someone else and he said" its done, under a pseudonym and it should be realeased soon" and it was last year so i assumed its done now...

oh yes i remember that! and although it's "next year" now, remember it's only April and being the perfectionist that Mika is lol, it could take another :roftl:

Apparently, according to Christine, Grace Kelly was recorded in 2005 lol!

Do you mean the rumor about Eros Ramazotti? Well, I'm sure it wasn't true:thumb_yello:

speculating?? i dont get it, mika has been asked last year if he would consider to write for someone else and he said" its done, under a pseudonym and it should be realeased soon" and it was last year so i assumed its done now...and as you thought me about GK and MI i thought maybe you could answer this one since no one has never been able to do it

i dont know why i would be speculating about anything like that it wouldnt make any sense...

Wait, when did he actually said that?:blink:

i have an flv reader, do you think it's possible to convert it back as mpg and repost it somewhere ? i could try

And chickadee, yes, it makes a lot of sense.. actually, i think it's exactly what it means !!!

Whenever we face situations such as break ups, whatever we think about it is always gonna be our interpretation in the end of the day... and it's never gonna make sense for anybody else, especially not for the other person we broke up with...

you put it very well !! :)

someone has given me the link to an flv to avi converter, I'll see if I can find an flv to mp3 converter somewhere....

:lmao:

Why I don't think that is weird for you?:lmfao:

I always thought it was ''turns me up and down''

Aaahh! i used to think it was something else too, until I read the jacket lyrics, but I can't remember now what I thought it was as I've got the "proper" words in my head.

I've never heard of this before!!:shocked: When was this? *bad fan*

Oh and on the whole co-writing thing, I must admit I got a surprise and was a bit disappointed when I first heard that but then it gave me hope. If even Mika has co-writers sometimes, I'm not so dreadful when I get stuck with my song lyrics.

About GK, I'm pretty sure it was the bridge that Jodi Marr helped with. I just downloaded a whole bundle of interviews last week that I'd never seen before (not cos they're necessarily new, just cos we've only recently increased our download limit and now I can!!) and I'm sure he says it in one of them. I'll have to go hunt now. Cos I've only just downloaded them I don't know them off by heart yet, so this could take me a little while:wink2:

lyrically, it's one of my favourites. i can sing it in a comfortable key without the music, but once mika starts singing it's too low for me lol :blush-anim-cl:

mmmmm those low notes... :wub2:

I really love that song, and it is much easier to sing along with. I cannot sing along to Grace Kelly at all! But I think MI is a very sad song, and that's not a bad thing. Mika can't just sing about lollipops and colours. It's good that he's so versatile.

I really love that song, and it is much easier to sing along with. I cannot sing along to Grace Kelly at all! But I think MI is a very sad song, and that's not a bad thing. Mika can't just sing about lollipops and colours. It's good that he's so versatile.

Hehe, yeah, that's the fun thing about MI.

The weird thing is I can get those high notes:blink: my brother too, but my sister can't.:naughty:

:lmfao: I know, it's normal for me to be abnormal xD

HAHHAHA it'd be funnier if it was "turns me on and off."

turn on :das: haha

:das:

:lmfao: Oh god:lmao:

i thought it was "dress me up and down" LMFAO

:lmao:

Why I don't think that is weird for you?:lmfao:

I always thought it was ''turns me up and down''

I always thought the lyrics went:

"make it my fault, win the game, point the finger, place the blame

its cuts me up and down, doesn't matter now"

until someone posted the lyrics that came with the japanese edition lol

And I thought it was: Gets me up and down! :naughty:

I was actually confused.

First I thought it was that, than I thought it was turns, until now.:naughty:

Well, here's something to get you even more confused :

The official songbook says "cuss me up and down"

"cuss" ?? :blink: i don't even know this word !!!!

native speakers wanted pleaaaaaaase !!!!

I thought it was "and toss me up and down"

Well thats how I have been singing it anyway!

Come on Mika, all these variations, you need to sort out your diction! lol

someone has given me the link to an flv to avi converter, I'll see if I can find an flv to mp3 converter somewhere....

I save YouTube vids as .flv using KeepVid.com and then convert some of them to mp3 with a program called WinFF. It's been fine as far as I can tell.

I hope that helps.

The confusion with 'cuss me up and down' reminds me of others.

I know now that it's, 'Hello my baby, hello my baby,' in Grace Kelly. But you won't convince me that he doesn't sing 'cello for the first hello! :blink:

Actually, don't get me going. I had so many misconceptions of the lyrics for the whole album. :shocked:

lyrically, it's one of my favourites. i can sing it in a comfortable key without the music, but once mika starts singing it's too low for me lol :blush-anim-cl:

mmmmm those low notes... :wub2:

I meant to comment on this at the time but didn't.... I can sing the low notes, but not the high ones, well, not in a way that sounds nice.:blush-anim-cl: You soprano, me alto! (Tarzan, Jane, in case that didn't make sense to anyone else).

I save YouTube vids as .flv using KeepVid.com and then convert some of them to mp3 with a program called WinFF. It's been fine as far as I can tell.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for that Ruth! I'll have to try that tomorrow.