My Interpretation- Mika song

angie1

towards the end of this video is where he talks about my interpretation:

Thanks for this Caz. I hadn't heard any of these radio interviews before so that was great. And they had new information in them, which I love. I love the Mika education I get in this place!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!!!

that girl made me love that song!! the way she sings the line with sacrifice, wow, I love LOVE it that way, how come???:boxed:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!

maybe you could see her live and ask to sing it again:wink2:

http://www.myspace.com/joulmusique

My Interpretation is one of the easiest Mika songs to sing, and in the album is like one of my fav...and I enjoy it @ gigs aswell{unklike love today}

has anyone ever heard this girl's version of my interpretation...

here it is

http://sandshelltea-leaf.blogspot.com/2008/04/sudden-affinity-for-mika.html

Ah, the Sarah McLachlan version. :thumb_yello:

This is why I say I don't dislike the song per se, just Mika's performances. It's not even that his performances are not good, the number is just relatively weak compared to his other songs. You take another similar song like Stuck in the Middle and it just blows My Interpretation out of the water during his live performances.

Mika could have a nice little career for himself writing songs for other people, even if he wasn't such a great performer.

On the original topic of the thread...

Back in the day, before Mika shut up about anything remotely connected to his dating life, there was an interview where he was talking about My Interpretation:

"I think everyone, at some point in their life, gets dumped really badly. And um, it happened to me - ugh, sob, but whatever. It happens to everyone. So I put those feelings into a song - My Interpretation. It's kind of nasty and negative but god, it's a good 'get back' song."

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30463553

Back in the day, before Mika shut up about anything remotely connected to his dating life, there was an interview where he was talking about My Interpretation:

"I think everyone, at some point in their life, gets dumped really badly. And um, it happened to me - ugh, sob, but whatever. It happens to everyone. So I put those feelings into a song - My Interpretation. It's kind of nasty and negative but god, it's a good 'get back' song."

Oooh, I hadn't seen this before either. I wonder when it was actually from. I loved Cherisse's top and the guitar in Lollipop was either a little different or I could just hear it clearly for the first time. Maybe it was the bass, can't remember. Anyway, nice performances.

I thought it was "and toss me up and down"

Well thats how I have been singing it anyway!

Come on Mika, all these variations, you need to sort out your diction! lol

lol me too !! i thought it was "toss"

i love the song MI it's one of my favorite

i also love it when he says it don't make seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeense at the end and his voice fades away or whatever, it's brilliant!

jodi mar must be a very good writer

the lyrics of my interpretation, ring ring and grace kelly are my favorite, and they were all co-written by her... of course that makes me disappointed but still.. i think mika wrote the most especially in Grace Kelly.

Thank you Mana!! :) I knew the interview but I couldn't understand what he was saying in that very sentence

• 1 month later...
lol me too !! i thought it was "toss"

i love the song MI it's one of my favorite

i also love it when he says it don't make seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeense at the end and his voice fades away or whatever, it's brilliant!

jodi mar must be a very good writer

the lyrics of my interpretation, ring ring and grace kelly are my favorite, and they were all co-written by her... of course that makes me disappointed but still.. i think mika wrote the most especially in Grace Kelly.

This is a good thread, I had always wondered about "My Interpretation" but didn't really investigate about it much:blush-anim-cl:I really love all the licm songs, but this one is part of my favourite ones:wub2:. It's true that when you're angry, it makes you feel better, in a weird way though... It makes you feel as a rebel:das:

"My Interpretation" is one of my favourite songs from LICM..I like it a lot cause you can 'sing' it in every kind of social situation - to your boyfriend when you break up,to your friend when you fight...at least I do! :bleh:

Also,I like it because Mika sings it in low notes and his voice sounds absolutely incredible...and he gives that sort of feeling when he sings it,it's totally unique and amazing.

Always when I turn my MP3 on,"My Interpretation" is the first song I listen to...and I love to sing it,too.

• 10 months later...

its partly written my jodi marr and partly by mika.

mika's reffered to it as 'a simple break up song, every album needs a break-up song.'

mika came up with the phrase 'my interpretation' and jodi marr wrote the second and third verses, so it's largely about a break up she was going through at that time.

mika has been quoted as saying; 'the lyrics ' if half of what you said is true then half of what i didn't do could be different; would that make it better?' only a woman could come up with that sort of stuff. Men just don't think that way.''

he's also been quoted as saying its the only break-up track of life in cartoon motion.

..thats all i can remember without researching it.

I think theres already several my interpretation threads on here, i can go have a look if you like.

welcom to the forums, btw! i see you're a newbie. :cheerful_h4h:

OK. heres a couple threads;

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320 <-- this thread is the official song lyrics.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14394 <--- aha, here is the original my interpretation thread; but as you can see it hasn't been posted in for a long

time.

since LICM has been out a few years; we've all discussed it to death so it no longer crops up in conversation often. :lol3: