• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really need to work but I fear that I'm going to forget everything that happened yesterday and so I'll just review a bit and then later go on working (as it's just 0.30AM anyway).

Uhm, where to start?

Haeschen offered me and Blue to stay at her house for the night after the gig (ok, honestly speaking I invited myself but she seemed ok with that :fisch:). She and Blue had been to Amsterdam to see Mika the day before and they arrived at the house at around 4.30PM. I was already waiting (Haeschen's bf had let me in) and had SLIGHTLY nervously been pacing around (living room – kitchen – living room – kitchen) for quite a while. So when they finally turned up, I got on their nerves until we were all sitting in the car again.

When we arrived at the venue, the queue looked like this (far too long :tears:):

Bild1-3.jpg

The venue:

Bild2-4.jpg

Bild3-4.jpg

Paul & the venue:

Bild4-3.jpg

After a while we were told to get up and sardine. Yes, we did jump the queue. Yes, it is unfair. But I must admit I would have felt far worse in every other country because these girls that were standing there were so awfully annoying that I really didn’t care. I dont even think they noticed that we sneaked to the front.

That’s where we stood then:

Bild6-4.jpg

There were 3 entrances (made out of fences so that just one person at a time could go through) and there were two big doors. However, just one (and not the one in front of us) was opened later :mad3:.

While queuing, I was talking in English with Blue and suddenly a girl with blonde hair (quite obviously not her true hair colour), big big vintage sunglasses, high heels, a slutty outfit (IMO) and two holes in her lower lip from piercings she had taken out turned to us and started talking to us in English as well. She wanted to know whether we were English (no and no) and then started telling us that her mother was English and her father German and that she would live here and go to school, do her A-levels and then go back to the UK to get a job (basically half of her life story. We didn’t ask a single question though.). She was stupid and she annoyed me. Finally she turned to her friends again and they went on talking about how hot the Kooks are etc. (isn’t it strange that EVERYONE is so focussed on Luke? They have one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen as a drummer and still everybody just talks about Luke. Have you ever heard anyone shout an "PAUL!! I LOVE YOU!!!" at a gig? Hugh? Pete (:lmfao:)?`It's ALWAYS Luke :dunno:

Suddenly someone spotted a guy in tight jeans coming out of the backstage entrance going to the tour bus/truck. Then someone shouted "OH MY GOD!! THAT’S LUKE!!" and this made slutty half-british girl and 3 or 4 of her (similarly styled) friends get out of the queue and go to the backstage door. They stood around there for quite a while and spoke to a guy of the crew and then some minutes later Tony (tourmanager) came out. Then they waited even longer and suddenly a hatless Hugh came out (:shocked:) and took a lot of pictures with them.

Where the ****ty girls met the man:

Bild5-4.jpg

After that, the girls :fisch:-ly hung out in front of the stage door for a while but nobody else came.

I apologise if the picture is too big for the site.

So they finally went where they are in this photo and stood around for what semed like ages. Then half-british girl came over to her friends that were next to us and old them that, :lmfao:, she and the others were being interviewed now and then directly let in before all others. They wouldnt need their spots in the queue any longer and would keep some spots in first row centre free for those that were still in the queue.

:blink:, interview? Well, anyway. I didnt see anyone interviewing them and they were also still standing there when we were let in (at around 19:15h). And, above all, you are not allowed to just let people in. :dunno: It's stupid & unfair and really NOT allowed as well.

So the venue had such a fantastic letting-in system that I was already standing in my Hugh-ish spot when Blue and Heaschen were obviously not even in the venue yet. They just opened one door in front of another one of these fence-thingies and.. ah, I cant explain it. It was ****.

Oh and the fans - apart from being all 14+, there were also several that had special shirts printed with the date. And there was one that had a big colour-picture of her and Luke printed on her shirt (she had met him in Paris according to their conversation).

So I was standing in my spot which was quite literally in the middle between HUgh and the stage PAs and then I suddenly saw Blue come in who went to the barrier on the Pete site. No idea if she and Christine were first row there though. :dunno:. I shouted her name but she didnt hear me and that was the last time I saw any one of the two :tears:.

Edited by Petra

And from the first moment on, the pushing and shoving began. The venue filled up relatively quickly and I suddenly had a LOT of little girls around me, including a group of half-naked English girls (all just covered with bits and pieces of white 'clothes' (if at all). Ugh, these were annoying as well. But even MORE annoying were the two girls with the big cowboyhats on my right. I dont know how and I swear I didnt do it but we all somehow moved (without actually moving) a bit more to the centre so that I was then suddenly standing more or less right in front of Hugh. Well, and for those annoying hat girls 'I' was obviously the evil pusher :dunno:. I wasnt because I was pushed as well. So who's fault is it? Big crowds ARE moving. When Ana & I were in Brixton we suddenly ended up more or totally in the centre without planning to do it :dunno:.

Anyway, the hat-girls kept on trying to push me back which then ended up in me bumping into the other girls on my left (who seemed quite ok). God, how ANNOYING that is. They are all half-naked and then you are constantly squashed and pushed with naked, sweaty and stucky arms of 14 girls. Wuah, I HATE that.

However, I wasnt only the oldest one (by far) in the corner of the venue, but also the biggest and tallest (not looking like a twig can be a ****ing good thing at times like this).

Even before the support went on, big tsunami-like waves went through the crowd and people were pushed aside. I think there were already like 5 girls that the securities got out of the crowd. During the show there were a LOT more. It's insane.

Sooo... the support was Auletta, a German band that sung in German. Hurray.

The support:

Bild7-6.jpg

The guys basically looked like the Kooks (regarding what they were wearing and their movements). The lead singer guy talked a lot and nothing he said made actually sense. It was just something "Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.. good good good.. are you having fun... oh yes I like that ... good good good" :dunno:

They werent even BAD. Their music was ok (let's say it had potential (although some melodies sounded quite familiar to me)) but the singing (in German if I hadnt mentioned it yet) was just crap :dunno: (IMO).

Edited by Petra

There were 3 entrances (made out of fences so that just one person at a time could go through) and there were two big doors. However, just one (and not the one in front of us) was opened later :mad3:.

While queuing, I was talking in English with Blue and suddenly a girl with blonde hair (quite obviously not her true hair colour), big big vintage sunglasses, high heels, a slutty outfit (IMO) and two holes in her lower lip from piercings she had taken out turned to us and started talking to us in English as well. She wanted to know whether we were English (no and no) and then started telling us that her mother was English and her father German and that she would live here and go to school, do her A-levels and then go back to the UK to get a job (basically half of her life story. We didn’t ask a single question though.). She was stupid and she annoyed me. Finally she turned to her friends again and they went on talking about how hot the Kooks are etc. (isn’t it strange that EVERYONE is so focussed on Luke? They have one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen as a drummer and still everybody just talks about Luke. Have you ever heard anyone shout an "PAUL!! I LOVE YOU!!!" at a gig? Hugh? Pete (:lmfao:)?`It's ALWAYS Luke

Suddenly someone spotted a guy in tight jeans coming out of the backstage entrance going to the tour bus/truck. Then someone shouted "OH MY GOD!! THAT’S LUKE!!" and this made slutty half-british girl and 3 or 4 of her (similarly styled) friends get out of the queue and go to the backstage door. They stood around there for quite a while and spoke to a guy of the crew and then some minutes later Tony (tourmanager) came out. Then they waited even longer and suddenly a hatless Hugh came out (:shocked:) and took a lot of pictures with them.

Where the ****ty girls met the man:

Bild5-4.jpg

After that, the girls :fisch:-ly hung out in front of the stage door for a while but nobody else came.

I think I can think of somebody. :wub2::roftl: Great review!!!!!!!

I've kept meaning to ask this. Didn't know if you guys had seen these photos. They are from last year when The Whigs toured with The Kooks. This is from their blog (older entries)

"Bowling??? Yes, bowling. Kooks vs. Whigs = a Whigs victory even though we felt a little outmatched by their music videos which randomly played while we bowled..."

kooks1.jpg

kooks2.jpg

kooks3.jpg

Just added those bowling pics of The Whigs because I enjoy those, lol.

"Tim Deaux learning the Kooks song, "Shine On."

kooks5.jpg

kooks6.jpg

"Tim ROCKING "Shine On" w/ the Kooks."

kooks7.jpg

I would've love to of been at that show. Tim from The Whigs and Luke on the stage together, wow.

Thought this sign was funny:

kooks8.jpg

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

I think I can think of somebody. :wub2::roftl: Great review!!!!!!!

:lmfao:!!

I really need to work for uni at the moment and then I'll review the Kooks part. :tears:

I've kept meaning to ask this. Didn't know if you guys had seen these photos. They are from last year when The Whigs toured with The Kooks. This is from their blog (older entries)

"Bowling??? Yes, bowling. Kooks vs. Whigs = a Whigs victory even though we felt a little outmatched by their music videos which randomly played while we bowled..."

kooks1.jpg

kooks2.jpg

kooks3.jpg

Just added those bowling pics of The Whigs because I enjoy those, lol.

kooks5.jpg

kooks6.jpg

"Tim ROCKING "Shine On" w/ the Kooks."

kooks7.jpg

I would've love to of been at that show. Tim from The Whigs and Luke on the stage together, wow.

Thought this sign was funny:

kooks8.jpg

Aaaaaaahh! No, I hadnt seen these yet! So the Kooks went bowling with them! (It's that video then I guess:

Are the Whigs in there, too?)

THANK YOU!!!

I apologise if the picture is too big for the site.

So they finally went where they are in this photo and stood around for what semed like ages. Then half-british girl came over to her friends that were next to us and old them that, she and the others were being interviewed now and then directly let in before all others. They wouldnt need their spots in the queue any longer and would keep some spots in first row centre free for those that were still in the queue.

:blink:, interview? Well, anyway. I didnt see anyone interviewing them and they were also still standing there when we were let in (at around 19:15h). And, above all, you are not allowed to just let people in. It's stupid & unfair and really NOT allowed as well.

So the venue had such a fantastic letting-in system that I was already standing in my Hugh-ish spot when Blue and Heaschen were obviously not even in the venue yet. They just opened one door in front of another one of these fence-thingies and.. ah, I cant explain it. It was ****.

Oh and the fans - apart from being all 14+, there were also several that had special shirts printed with the date. And there was one that had a big colour-picture of her and Luke printed on her shirt (she had met him in Paris according to their conversation).

So I was standing in my spot which was quite literally in the middle between HUgh and the stage PAs and then I suddenly saw Blue come in who went to the barrier on the Pete site. No idea if she and Christine were first row there though. :dunno:. I shouted her name but she didnt hear me and that was the last time I saw any one of the two :tears:.

This is sooo touching :tears:

Sooo... the support was Auletta, a German band that sung in German. Hurray.

The guys basically looked like the Kooks (regarding what they were wearing and their movements). The lead singer guy talked a lot and nothing he said made actually sense. It was just something "Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.. good good good.. are you having fun... oh yes I like that ... good good good" :dunno:

They werent even BAD. Their music was ok (let's say it had potential (although some melodies sounded quite familiar to me)) but the singing (in German if I hadnt mentioned it yet) was just crap :dunno: (IMO).

You forgot to say that the lead singer was really pissed and although he spoke and sang in German I wasn't able to understand a thing :sneaky2:

I'm getting a ticket for Rock am Ring on Sunday as it seems (basically for meeting some work colleagues from last year). The Kooks are playing in the very middle of the night (from 10.50PM to midnight). I WANT to go. My parents DO NOT want me to go. I need to sort that out. **** **** ****

You HAVE to go obviously :dunno:

sofasong2.jpg

sofasong3.jpg

He looks just like a scrawny Jake from Something With Numbers with that hair style and clothes :shocked:

And, above all, you are not allowed to just let people in. It's stupid & unfair and really NOT allowed as well.

Oh this reminds me (although it is completely unrelated, I keep forgetting to tell you, and it could prove to be important information one day). At the Grates they obviously let the Grates-forum people in earlier because they'd taken up the entire first 2 rows already, and there was not that many people in line before us, BUT they let me and dani push the line in front of like 50 people simply because we had tickets :smth: Generally tickets for the Capitol are done through moshtix, and they don't give you ticket-tickets, they give you a receipt-thing. But we discovered that if you pay like $5 extra per ticket you can get actual ticket-tickets if you order online from heatseaker, so we obviously did that, even though you never get the ticket back at the end anyway :naughty: And they really walked down the line and picked out people who were holding actual tickets and let them go in first. I have no idea why, maybe something like they're easier to process because they can see right away they are real, but we were pretty much the only ones with them, and we were quite far back in the line and it was awesome. So the moral of the story is - always buy real tickets.

kooks5.jpg

kooks6.jpg

That is awesome!! Awwwww! Haha that's so funny about the film clip showing.

the hat-girls kept on trying to push me back which then ended up in me bumping into the other girls on my left (who seemed quite ok). God, how ANNOYING that is. They are all half-naked and then you are constantly squashed and pushed with naked, sweaty and stucky arms of 14 girls. Wuah, I HATE that.

Even before the support went on, big tsunami-like waves went through the crowd and people were pushed aside. I think there were already like 5 girls that the securities got out of the crowd. During the show there were a LOT more. It's insane.

noice

kooks1.jpg

:naughty:

:lmfao:!!

I really need to work for uni at the moment and then I'll review the Kooks part. :tears:

Aaaaaaahh! No, I hadnt seen these yet! So the Kooks went bowling with them! (It's that video then I guess:

Are the Whigs in there, too?)

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for the video!!! They are all just so fantastic. LOVE them. We need to see them again.:shocked::wub2:

I want the Kooks to be as cool as Ricky from the Kaiser Chíefs :crybaby::shun:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58452604

God, my ****ing audio of Rainbow is now "an early demo which hasn't been released yet and is still in production".

These filthy ****ers on youtube claim my ****ing audio as theirs and it sucks.

I'm aware this is youtube and the open internet and not MINE but the Kooks' but, honestly, this guy actually

REPLIES to every comment made, saying "Oh you are welcome,

uploading wasnt a problem, its an early demo, etc.pp.". I think I hate him. And there are fricking German girls

messaging me on YT and asking me to send them my videos

via msn or icq. :doh: ("No.")

Edited by Petra

"Bowling??? Yes, bowling. Kooks vs. Whigs = a Whigs victory even though we felt a little

outmatched by their music videos which randomly played while we bowled..."

kooks1.jpg

It just cracked me up again :lmfao: & so I thought I'd quote it again. :naughty:

This is sooo touching :tears:

I found you later again :cheerful_h4h:. God, I wish we had all stood together :tears:

You forgot to say that the lead singer was really pissed and although he spoke and

sang in German I wasn't able to understand a thing :snea ky2:

Hahaha, yes, very true. He seemed pissed because people had come for the Kooks

and not for his Auletta-guys. What an idiot. I didnt get at all what he was talking

about but I dont think I missed anything of importance :naughty:

You HAVE to go obviously :dunno:[/Quote]

I'm just waiting for a certain person to call or text now! I'll get my ticket and

meet the Kooks backstage (:mad3:).

He looks just like a scrawny Jake from Something With Numbers with that hair style and clothes :shock ed:

Oh ****!! True!!! :shocked:

Oh this reminds me (although it is completely

unrelated, I keep forgetting to tell you, and it could prove to be important information one day). At the Grates they obviously let the Grates-forum

people in earlier because they'd taken up the entire first 2 rows already, and there was not that many people in line before us,

BUT they let me and dani push the line in front of like 50 people simply because we had tickets :smth:

Generally tickets for the Capitol are done through moshtix, and they don't

give you ticket-tickets, they give you a receipt-thing. But we discovered that if you pay like $5 extra per ticket you can

get actual ticket-tickets if you order online from heatseaker, so we obviously did that, even though you never get the

ticket back at the end anyway :naughty: And they really walked down the line and picked out people who were holding

actual tickets and let them go in first. I have no idea why, maybe something like they're

easier to process because they can see right away they are real, but we

were pretty much the only ones with them, and we were quite far back in

the line and it was awesome. So the moral of the story is - always buy real

tickets.

Hahahaha!! Unfair and VERY annoying for the rest but at least YOU got in

earlier. :wub2:

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to let people in earlier. It's unfair :dunno:.

and even if it is the fanclub - I'm aware that there are surely enough MFCers

who'd think they deserve getting in earlier at a Mika-gig. But I'm a freaking obsessed Kooks-fan and

still I'm in no way active on their forum or anything.

And everybody that bought a ticket deserves to get a good spot. people can be real fans without

being in fanclubs and if someone turns up early to be front row, then they deserve getting front row

and then it's unfair if others are let in first. I'm aware I'm just talking about "them" now - I'm glad that you both got in earlier :naughty:!!!!

When Ana & I were on the guestlist for one of the Brixton dates, we were let

in later and although it still fricking annoyed me, I do also see that I'm not

at all allowed to complain in any way because we didnt pay for that day and

we do, just because we are on a list, not have the special right to be frontfront.

Edited by Petra

noice

Yes, totally. Sweaty , skinny, too young, 80%-naked girls all around. I'm

living a guy's dream :blink:

:naughty:

-------------------

I havent managed to go on working :naughty:, so I decided to dedicate the

last 30min of internet I have today to another part of the review:

After Auletta left (good), they started bulding up the Kooks-stage and this

time we could also see everything because there was no fricking curtain.

Hugh's guitar tech (a lefty btw):

Bild8-6.jpg

(and also one of those that later held Luke during humping I think (but their

crew tech guys all look quite the same))

My dreams of hearing 'If Only' live are stll unfulfilled bit I'm not giving up hope!

Link Wray's Rumble started and the Kooks stumbled on stage (partly not

being able to walk properly because of the tight trousers they were

wearing :das:).

So Paul was -again- wearing his 'The English Beat' shirt. I'm not sure if he has just lots

of these or if he is really always wearing the same one. I'm aware they are on tour and

finding a washing machine is relatively hard (not impossible though but still - they are

TOURING and I'm sure there wasnt necessarily a washing option every bloody day and

he has been wearing the same shirt at the French festivals, at Pinkpop, in Bielefeld and

I'll have a good look at him on Sunday then). And then he had these extraordinarily

skinny black jeans on again and I'm sure he also wore the dark blue adidas sneakers (I

havent seen them but I'm sure he wore them). Or maybe he has also changed to leather

shoes now. Oh Paul, what has happened to you?

Oh, btw, I apologise for all these awful typing mistakes. It's almost 2AM and I cant type

properly anymore. :dunno:

Pete could have been naked and I wouldnt have noticed :dunno:, Luke looked normally

luke-ish and Hugh was sporting a white shirt (as usual), a light hat (:mad3:!) and a light

blue jeans (seemed familiar but I hadnt seen this one live and in technicolour so far).

I think that was during Always Where:

Bild10-4.jpg

Bild9-5.jpg

Bild11-4.jpg

Bild12-4.jpg

If anybody is interested in Stormy Weather / Sofa Song from Wednesday, then here you

are. If I ever see that bitch with the cowboy hat again, I will first cut her hands off so

that she can't wave with hats anymore and then I'll cut her head off so that she won't

be able to actually WEAR a hat ever again. :shun:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MMRQMJ7

The setlist was as follows:

• Always Where
  • Matchbox
  • Eddie's Gun
  • Ooh La
  • Sway
  • Time Awaits
  • One Last Time
  • She Moves
  • Mr Maker
  • Do You Wanna
  • Naive
  • Down to the Market
  • Rainbow
  • Shine on
  • See The World
  • You don't love me
  • Seaside
  • Prncess of My Mind
  • See The Sun
  • Stormy Weather
  • Sofa Song

Edited by Petra

If anybody is interested in Stormy Weather / Sofa Song from Wednesday, then here you

are.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MMRQMJ7

thanks! :biggrin2:

ok, so last night I had this dream...but I thought it was real until I woke up :boxed: I was going to another free kooks gig, and they were about to sing some new songs and I really wanted to hear them sing "rainbow" and they were about to start the song, and some noise from outside my window woke me up! :annoyed_h4h:

I hate when that happens :roftl:

thanks! :big grin2:

ok, so last night I had this dream...but I thought it was real until I woke up :boxed: I was going to another free kooks gig, and they were about to sing some new songs and I really wanted to hear them sing "rainbow" and they were about to start the song, and some noise from outside my window woke me up! :annoyed_h4h:

I hate when that happens :roftl:

:roftl:

Awwwwwwwwwww!! Sorry! :tears:

Btw, I found something :cheerful_h4h:

Very noice picture which is too big to post :pinkbow:

(I just stumbled over your MM. I'm so slow.)