MIKA - new post

DANI56

24 apr 2008, 09.00

Poll The People!

Hey Guys

Is 'Life In Cartoon Motion' your favourite album of all time or is it in your Top 5 Albums? For the first time ever you can have your say in a Global Poll to find the Greatest Albums of all time at http://www.pollthepeople.com. So if you would like to vote for MIKA in your top five albums and also be connected to match some or all of your choices so you can discover great new music click here

Love Mikasounds

VOTE !!!! :thumb_yello:http://www.pollthepeople.com/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made my list (and LICM on number one of course :wink2: )

1 Life in cartoon motion - Mika

2 Singles 96-06 - Hooverphonic

3 Konk - The Kooks

4 The secret life of... - The Veronicas

5 Abba gold, greates hits - Abba

It doesn't take a long time!

I wish they'd have something different to say in their blog posts than 'vote' or 'buy'. It'd just add sort of a human touch to the site.

You took the words out of my mouth:naughty: :thumb_yello:

I was going to say the same.

Mikasounds only ever update the page or do anything on it when it's a matter of asking people to buy things, or to vote for Mika somewhere.

It's starting to be painfully obvious, and I'm not sure I'm loving it.:thumbdown:

Mikasounds only ever update the page or do anything on it when it's a matter of asking people to buy things, or to vote for Mika somewhere.

And yet, it works so terribly well. LICM is #1 on that list, ahead of albums by the likes of Michael Jackson, Queen, Pink Floyd...

I agree, though, that a human touch would be nice. I guess the days of Mika blogging about diving into his hotel mini-bar are long over, now that he's a Diva. :mf_rosetinted:

I wish they'd have something different to say in their blog posts than 'vote' or 'buy'. It'd just add sort of a human touch to the site.

Agree! Do other artists do such a thing? as in only blog for those sort of 'vote' 'buy' things or what?

And yet, it works so terribly well. LICM is #1 on that list, ahead of albums by the likes of Michael Jackson, Queen, Pink Floyd...

I agree, though, that a human touch would be nice. I guess the days of Mika blogging about diving into his hotel mini-bar are long over, now that he's a Diva. :mf_rosetinted:

Hehe, I know it works :naughty:...Because the MFC soldiers are always ready, LOL!

I'm not delusional enough to expect Mika to post stuff himself, but heck, a bit more "care" of the page I suppose would be nice....or that they made the posts slightly nicer?

And also that they made sure the info was always up to date?

Agree! Do other artists do such a thing? as in only blog for those sort of 'vote' 'buy' things or what?

I have no idea, as I don't really pay much attention to other artist blogs:blink:

This is definatley how it goes now a' days:

"Mika" only blogs when he needs a favor from his fans...who jump when he says jump... That's fine, we need to be aware of all these awards and things but... I would really love it if he gave a shout out from geeee I dunno... HIS OWN PERSPECTIVE.

I just had to say it, because I'm sick of never hearing anything "real"... and maybe it's not our right (as many will say) to get updates on him and his life etc etc...but no one can deny that it would be wonderful to hear that "hello!" once in a while.

He's probably just busy:mf_rosetinted:

Calvin Harris blogs about losing his new album at Heathrow's Terminal 5:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=44576088&blogID=373631450

Considering how simple it is to sit down and type a few words, like Mr. Harris did, I don't know why more celebs don't do it. What a quick and painless way to connect with so many fans. :bleh:

I must confess that I haven't either- Their post just didn't make me feel in the mood to go and register somewhere:naughty:

yeah ! another rebel in the making :naughty:

well i aint voting for this one , i cannie be a*sed :smoke:

I must confess that I haven't either- Their post just didn't make me feel in the mood to go and register somewhere:naughty:

I didn't vote either. Still I love Mika like mad. But I don't feel like voting.

This is definatley how it goes now a' days:

"Mika" only blogs when he needs a favor from his fans...who jump when he says jump... That's fine, we need to be aware of all these awards and things but... I would really love it if he gave a shout out from geeee I dunno... HIS OWN PERSPECTIVE.

I just had to say it, because I'm sick of never hearing anything "real"... and maybe it's not our right (as many will say) to get updates on him and his life etc etc...but no one can deny that it would be wonderful to hear that "hello!" once in a while.

He's probably just busy:mf_rosetinted:

Yes, my thought exactly, I'm craving something real.

In fact I just went back to the mikasounds page to read the one and only (supposedly) real Mika message (well, apart from the cancellation apology) from March 2007(!). It put a big smile on my face and I realise that although it is so random, or more likely because of the randomness it does so much. It's not that we ask for that big all-embracing insight into the abysmal depths of his soul. Just a simple thought shared every now and then would do. I really like the way that outdated message was written and for me personally it would be an amazing treat to be able to read more of that kind. Just my opinion. I know time is limited, of course, and there's always priorities... dntknw.gif

I hate to say that but somehow I can't get rid of the feeling that these days the MIKA as we used to 'know' him is sneaking out in a way. Or maybe we are just so spoilt having had the privilege to watch a star rise from close to the beginning.