MIKA - Where's your EP???

CazGirl

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: I guess

When I first heard the song,I thought he was talking about a girl he used to love but turned out she was a b*tch or something :naughty:

I totally get meaning of songs :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao: well honestly I was a bit surprised when he said it was about the women in his family, because going from the lyrics it sounds like a love song, or a tainted love song...or some sort of love sing, so I wasn't expecting it to be family related, but whatever, its still a great song:)

:lmao: well honestly I was a bit surprised when he said it was about the women in his family, because going from the lyrics it sounds like a love song, or a tainted love song...or some sort of love sing, so I wasn't expecting it to be family related, but whatever, its still a great song:)

Yeah ! It's one of my fav' Mika song !:wub2:

So!! Where is it MR?!?!?!

If anyone is confused, an EP is a mini album which usually contains about six songs. Some time last year, Mika stated that he'd probably release one between his first and second album and it would hold six sad songs that wouldn't make it on an album. The EP would be titled something like *if i remember correctly* Six Songs for Sorrow...? Or SOMETHING. I know it had "songs" and "sorrow" in it. Would they be fully complete or demos? I dunno.

Maybe Mika should release it so we can find out :newyear:

no, i'm being serious. We never heard much about it and the thought is still lingering in our heads. I remember FD found a newspaper article about it and I'm SURE Mika mentioned it in another interview. But I could be lying, so don't quote me on it. I just kinda wanna know more about it?

i doubt any of you have any news....but i'm kinda hoping Mika sees this, in case he's forgotten about it LOL!

Good question. I remember all the buzz about that EP as well, but had forgotten completely about it.

:roftl: I guess

When I first heard the song,I thought he was talking about a girl he used to love but turned out she was a b*tch or something :naughty:

I totally get meaning of songs :mf_rosetinted:

so did I at first lol, but then obviously thought different when I found out otherwise. (this has been written from memory, "sugar pie" and "honey pie" might be in the wrong places lol)

She's an instant martyr, a drama queen

She gets up like a star, cries like she used to

Walking around with the stare of a queen

She doesn't know what she wants, knows how to use you

Oh, where are the stars up in the sky?

Is there no hope for you and I, my darling?

I am so intolerably blue, at the thought of leaving you, my darling

Sugar pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

lover/lover her??

come around

She's the cream of the crop, she's the cropper of the cream

She's the turn/time of your life, one in a million ***

she doesn't know what she wants, knows how to use you now

Where are the stars up in the sky when you need them? (when you need them)

I am so intolerably blue just at the thought of leaving you, my darling

Honey pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

Lover/Love her

when you're coming around

She's staring at you

Sugar

Gonna get you down

Here comes the sun, little darling, here comes the sun...

*** assumes he is talking about ONE person in particular

I was just kidding :roftl: I'm a huge fan too ! I have all the dvds! They are fantastic ! I know some episodes almost my heart ! :roftl:

lol I did not get htat! I have them too! and I know some of them by heart too! they rock :punk:

Hello, hello! Don't worry--I've been here. I haven't had as much time to post lately, but I try to check out the latest MFC news and gossip as much as I can. :gathering:

How are you??

Awww, he just gets excited. It's one of his many endearing qualities. :wub2:

I'm well, enjoying being back on the MFC after the whole moving house thing and no internet access for over a month. And at that stage we were still sweating on the whole official announcement, you know, expecting it every day, so it was doing my head in to not be on here. But even since I've been back on, i've barely seen you.

And apologies to everyone else. I'm not gonna do anymore private chat in the middle of this thread...

Do you know, it's never bothered me that it has lover etc through it. I just kind of figured it was inspired by his family and the rest was poetic licence. I've written songs like that, starting out with a feeling about someone or something etc and taken it far beyond what happened in reality for the sake of telling a good story. He IS a storyteller, as he keeps reminding us.

I'm well, enjoying being back on the MFC after the whole moving house thing and no internet access for over a month. And at that stage we were still sweating on the whole official announcement, you know, expecting it every day, so it was doing my head in to not be on here. But even since I've been back on, i've barely seen you.

And apologies to everyone else. I'm not gonna do anymore private chat in the middle of this thread...

Although every thread kind of turns into a bit of randomness and here and there!

And moving...ugh, it's so stressful. I'm glad you're done with that (or are you?) and back on the MFC!!! :thumb_yello:

LOL...I'm not holding my breath for any official announcement anymore. If it happens, that's great. But who knows when anymore?

If anyone is confused, an EP is a mini album which usually contains about six songs. Some time last year, Mika stated that he'd probably release one between his first and second album and it would hold six sad songs that wouldn't make it on an album. The EP would be titled something like *if i remember correctly* Six Songs for Sorrow...? Or SOMETHING. I know it had "songs" and "sorrow" in it. Would they be fully complete or demos? I dunno.

i didnt know that it's title was somehow announced

so did I at first lol, but then obviously thought different when I found out otherwise. (this has been written from memory, "sugar pie" and "honey pie" might be in the wrong places lol)

Sugar pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

lover/lover her??

come around

Honey pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

Lover/Love her

She's staring at you

Sugar

Gonna get you down

lol,so maybe he still loves her even though ? :roftl:

It's hard to find out what it's all about :bleh:

But it's such a beautiful song :wub2:

:: me too! and I always look up lyrics I don't know, to try and figure out what he's on about:: oh the joys of being obsessed, ::

At least you know you're not the only one :naughty:

lol I did not get htat! I have them too! and I know some of them by heart too! they rock

I wasn't really explicit :bleh:

They do rock ! My vocabulary increased so much thanks to them !:wub2:

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an ipod especially to get more Mikaness!

My mp3 is full because of Mika :naughty:

I wasn't really explicit :bleh:

They do rock ! My vocabulary increased so much thanks to them !:wub2:

friends is the best way to learn languages, seriously! I first learned a lot of French and that I switched to the original version and learned a lot of English :roftl:

friends is the best way to learn languages, seriously! I first learned a lot of French and that I switched to the original version and learned a lot of English :roftl:

It's funny cuz I wanted to start watching friends in italian ! :lmfao:

I used to watch the french version on TV and then saw the english version on the DVDs. It was weird at first but now I can't even bear the french one!

It's funny cuz I wanted to start watching friends in italian ! :lmfao:

I used to watch the french version on TV and then saw the english version on the DVDs. It was weird at first but now I can't even bear the french one!

the same thing happened to me! I can't watch them in French anymore :boxed:

I tried to learn Spanish the same way, but I just couldn't :roftl: original versions are just the best!

the same thing happened to me! I can't watch them in French anymore :boxed:

I tried to learn Spanish the same way, but I just couldn't :roftl: original versions are just the best!

I know! Especially the last two seasons as half of the voices changed :thumbdown:

Totally agree! :roftl:

Sometimes when I have to watch a movie in the non-original version, I try to guess the original dialogue with the context and all :roftl:

Sugar pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

lover/lover her??

come around

Honey pie

It's in her eyes

Sugar

Gonna get you down

It's no surprise

Lover/Love her

She's staring at you

Sugar

Gonna get you down

ah, just seeing the lyrics is lovely:wub2: :naughty::bleh:

Hehe, I often get lyrics wrong so this is what I thought it was.

Oh, and what you questioned, I though it was "lover" not "love her" and I was under the impression it was "time of your life" instead of "turn"

Um, the bits I thought were different are in red and are explained here:

1) I thought it was "with this air of a queen" not "with the stare of a queen"

2) "Isnt a hope for you and I" instead of "is there no hope"

:naughty::naughty:

I think its this "air" of a queen too, I didn't notice any "t's" in it.

and about no hope, I'm not sure, I'll have to listen again:naughty:

any excuse to listen again:naughty: