What would you ask Mika?

chickadee

I thought of another question...

Mika, you've said in interviews that you wrote rubbishy little tunes when you were young. Did you think they were rubbishy at the time or was it only people's reactions to them that made you think they were rubbishy? When did you start believing that they were good regardless of the response you got from other people?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would LOVE to ask Mr M so many questions. Here are just a few:

1) What colour are your eyes? *cough they are hazel cough*

2) At what age did you reach your full height (of 6'3")?

3) Do you actually have an MFC account, or do you just roam around on here without one?

iadoremika, I've only put the 2nd and 3rd of your questions on the front page, cos the first one was already on there.:thumb_yello:

hmm my mika question is about his curls!

so.... MIKA, are youre curls natural? if not how do you get them so curly, do you use curling iron every day ? :cool:

bubuciiis, your question is also already asked on the front page, although worded a little differently.:thumb_yello:

i've been wondering recently...

Why does Mika keep laughing in his cover Hips don't lie?

is there a vid to it cuz i would love to know why he constantly laughs throughout!

Do want this on the front page as a question for Mika or were you just asking the forum?

I NEED to see this pic!! Does anyone have a link please?

Found it:

mika145.jpg

iadoremika, I've only put the 2nd and 3rd of your questions on the front page, cos the first one was already on there.:thumb_yello:

Thanks chickadee.

PS: For that person who asks if he curls his hair...I'm pretty sure he does...*check above photo*

Here ya go:

French%20Press%20YU23088.JPG

They're used for brewing coffee, too.

That's what I call a coffe plunger! I thought they were only used for coffee and that's why I asked Sienna if that's the kind of clear sided thing she was using... My hubby is really into coffee and has one.

Found it:

mika145.jpg

Thanks chickadee.

PS: For that person who asks if he curls his hair...I'm pretty sure he does...*check above photo*

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!! That's priceless!

BTW, what's that on his hand? Did someone photoshop that on there or what?

That's what I call a coffe plunger! I thought they were only used for coffee and that's why I asked Sienna if that's the kind of clear sided thing she was using... My hubby is really into coffee and has one.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!! That's priceless!

BTW, what's that on his hand? Did someone photoshop that on there or what?

It's Perez's trademark :naughty:

[*]Why are you never tired and lost in concert? (about Over My Shoulder. It's my favourite part of the song, but never is sung live.)

- Apart from at the Koko gig.

He sung it at a few more gigs, for an example Somerset House, so it wasn't only at Koko:naughty:

Oh! Haha, I've never heard it called a coffee plunger before. :wink2: But yes...and is that what sienna uses for her tea? It works wonderfully.

And re: the hair curling photo. :naughty: I think the curling iron just enhances his natural curls. But I really don't think he needs to curl his hair. He looks so good with it naturally wavy/curly.

Okay, so when I said to steep tea for 5 minutes to decaffeinate it, I meant steep for 30 seconds.

Anyways yeah, I have used loose-leaf tea before, and it is a lot better. But in my house, we mostly have tea bags. It's not ideal, but *shrugs*. I work in a bookstore, which is connected to a cafe, and in the cafe they use mostly loose-leaf tea. They put it in a french press to steep, so you can control when you want to separate your tea leaves from the water.

I knew you weren't supposed to over-boil your water, but now I know exactly what to look for. Thanks, sienna!

Happy to help!:wink2:

I think this is a great idea!

Too complicated for me! I think I'll just stick to teabags. I've gone lemon chiffon there so as not to offend your eyes Sienna!:roftl:

Just a question, are you peering into the top of the teapot to see these leaves sinking or do you make tea in something clear sided like a coffee plunger?

I use an ordinary saucepan to boil the water in and then I pour it through a strainer into a teapot.

Just look at the top, when the leaves are sinking, voalá, it's ready!:roftl:

Yes I know I'm a little crazy about my tea!

But I've heard Mika say somewhere in an interview that's important for the coffee people to have their coffee made "the right way" so now it's time for us tea people to step up.:naughty:

But I've heard Mika say somewhere in an interview that's important for the coffee people to have their coffee made "the right way" so now it's time for us tea people to step up.:naughty:

Tea is amazing--I love my tea, so be proud you know how to make tea the "right" way! :wink2: Besides, Mika loves his tea too, so he'd totally back you up. I had the best tea ever when I lived in London for two months back in 2003. I miss it. :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, just trying o clarify what has happened to my question about Over My Shoulder.

My question is 'Why are you never 'tired' and 'lost' when playing OMS live?

There was a discussion as follows:

Are you sure? i thought he played it once. (This part is in relation to a question about Your Sympathy)

i swear i've seen a video where he had a cellist too?:blink:

That was Over My Shoulder :wink2:

(I think you mean that ... He played it at Koko..)

He sung it at a few more gigs, for an example Somerset House, so it wasn't only at Koko:naughty:

So my understanding is, that while Mika has sung OMS at various gigs, he has never sung 'tired' and 'lost' during those performances.

(I have just re-checked his youtube performances at Koko (with cellist), Trabendo, Somerset House, Troubador. He also performed it at Toronto and Munich, but the youtube vidoes are incomplete, so I can't tell from them.

I've also re-checked the Milan concert audio.)

If anyone has tracked down a live performance which has a tired and lost Mika, I'd love to know about it.

Fair enough, and in light of what Mouselle actually meant in her question, I'll remove that answer.

. How Much Do You Love Me?

. How Much Do You Care?

. How Much Do You Miss Me, When I'm Not There?

Would you like these to be three seperate questions or should I combine them?:wink2:

Happy to help!:wink2:

I use an ordinary saucepan to boil the water in and then I pour it through a strainer into a teapot.

Just look at the top, when the leaves are sinking, voalá, it's ready!:roftl:

I had this funny feeling that you were boiling your water in a saucepan....

Ok, just trying o clarify what has happened to my question about Over My Shoulder.

My question is 'Why are you never 'tired' and 'lost' when playing OMS live?

There was a discussion as follows:

So my understanding is, that while Mika has sung OMS at various gigs, he has never sung 'tired' and 'lost' during those performances.

(I have just re-checked his youtube performances at Koko (with cellist), Trabendo, Somerset House, Troubador. He also performed it at Toronto and Munich, but the youtube vidoes are incomplete, so I can't tell from them.

I've also re-checked the Milan concert audio.)

If anyone has tracked down a live performance which has a tired and lost Mika, I'd love to know about it.

Ah, Mouselle, I completely misunderstood your question. I wonder if anybody else has answers. (And I did think it strange that you should be asking if he plays OMS at gigs, when I know you've watched a lot more vid than me!)

I had this funny feeling that you were boiling your water in a saucepan....

What?

Okay, what is a saucepan?:blink::roftl:

Isn’t it the same kind of thingy you would use to boil eggs or soup or something in?

I just looked it up in dictionary and the hardest thing is to get a proper translation for this everyday things.:wink2:

I just want to know really simple everyday things, as he rarely talks about these..

Which are your 3 favourite chocolate bars??(I think one of them is Galaxy caramel, but which others?)

Do you sleep on the left or right side of the bed, or in the middle??

I don't know why but this has bugged me for a while for some reason, (you know me Chick, I'm weird!!)

Where do you buy your socks from??

What do your neighbours think of you?? Do they bang on the wall when you are playing your piano too much?

What?

Okay, what is a saucepan?:blink::roftl:

Isn’t it the same kind of thingy you would use to boil eggs or soup or something in?

I just looked it up in dictionary and the hardest thing is to get a proper translation for this everyday things.:wink2:

Yes, it's the same kind of thingy you would use to boil eggs or soup.

Saucepan.jpg

That would explain how you could see the bubbles rising. That's not what I use to boil water. I use an electric kettle.

kettle.jpg

I just want to know really simple everyday things, as he rarely talks about these..

Which are your 3 favourite chocolate bars??(I think one of them is Galaxy caramel, but which others?)

Do you sleep on the left or right side of the bed, or in the middle??

I don't know why but this has bugged me for a while for some reason, (you know me Chick, I'm weird!!)

Where do you buy your socks from??

What do your neighbours think of you?? Do they bang on the wall when you are playing your piano too much?

Yep, you're weird. And I love your line of questioning:naughty:

Yes, it's the same kind of thingy you would use to boil eggs or soup.

Saucepan.jpg

That would explain how you could see the bubbles rising. That's not what I use to boil water. I use an electric kettle.

kettle.jpg

Yep, you're weird. And I love your line of questioning:naughty:

No I'm not:mf_rosetinted:

I wuld just like to find out about the "real" Mika:naughty: