HollyD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hey, everyone.

:biggrin2: I'm new - just joined yesterday. Thought I'd try and connect with some fellow USA'ers. :wink2: I live in Indiana. Anyone here live in Indiana or in a state close to it? As for what Indiana's like... There's nothing incredibly exciting about it. Michael Jackson grew up here... We have corn. And we have squirrels! But I think most states do... Okay, so Indiana's just Indiana. I've recently been to Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. Florida's too hot/humid for me! :sweatdrop:

:squirrel:

:bye: Reb/Rebecca...nice name :thumb_yello: I'm a Rebecca, but I've always been called Becky :biggrin2: I'm from Michigan, so yep, close to Indiana. I've only been to the Shipshewana flea market in Indiana, I haven't been there in years though...other than that I've only passed through Indiana.

I am just gonna go around spamming all of my threads * * * that my peeps read* cause . . I have some BIG news!!!!!

I FINALLY got a j o b today!!!! After almost 2 years of looking!!!! I am beyond HAPPY!!!! I start in the morning - I will be able to tell you all about it then!!!! Aahhhhh what a H U G E releif!!!!! It is TRUE things happen when you least expect them!!!!! I can actually breathe AGAIN!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who was SO supportive of me and encouraging and to all of you who prayed and prayed and prayed everytime I asked you to!!!! See it worked!!!!! :huglove:

Hey, everyone.

:biggrin2: I'm new - just joined yesterday. Thought I'd try and connect with some fellow USA'ers. :wink2: I live in Indiana. Anyone here live in Indiana or in a state close to it? As for what Indiana's like... There's nothing incredibly exciting about it. Michael Jackson grew up here... We have corn. And we have squirrels! But I think most states do... Okay, so Indiana's just Indiana. I've recently been to Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. Florida's too hot/humid for me! :sweatdrop:

Welcome to the MFC, Rebecca! :biggrin2:

I'm Kaitlin, I'm from South Carolina, 3 hours away from Atlanta (or 2, depending on how fast you drive :mf_rosetinted: ) I LOVE Atlanta, and yeah, Florida tends to get REALLY hot, going back next summer though! :teehee:

My Aunt's boyfriend is from Indiana...

I am just gonna go around spamming all of my threads * * * that my peeps read* cause . . I have some BIG news!!!!!

I FINALLY got a j o b today!!!! After almost 2 years of looking!!!! I am beyond HAPPY!!!! I start in the morning - I will be able to tell you all about it then!!!! Aahhhhh what a H U G E releif!!!!! It is TRUE things happen when you least expect them!!!!! I can actually breathe AGAIN!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who was SO supportive of me and encouraging and to all of you who prayed and prayed and prayed everytime I asked you to!!!! See it worked!!!!! :huglove:

CONGRATULATIONS! :yay: :yay:

I have to get a job next summer!! :aah:

CONGRATULATIONS! :yay: :yay:

I have to get a job next summer!! :aah:

Thanks!!! :huglove: Under 'normal' circumstances - getting a j o b is a relatively common deal - BUT, in a state when everyone and their grandma is UNEMPLOYED getting a job is like hitting the lottery - because every little job that arises has 1,000 applicants! :doh:

THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!! <where are my dancing shoes> :kachinga:

Good luck with your summer job next year - hope you find something FUN! :aah:

Thanks!!! :huglove: Under 'normal' circumstances - getting a j o b is a relatively common deal - BUT, in a state when everyone and their grandma is UNEMPLOYED getting a job is like hitting the lottery - because every little job that arises has 1,000 applicants! :doh:

THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!! <where are my dancing shoes> :kachinga:

Good luck with your summer job next year - hope you find something FUN! :aah:

Yeah, Unemployment has been so high lately! My Mom quit because her hours were cut back in.. 2006.. and then at the new place, she had her hours cut about a week before Mika came to Philly, but she talked with her manager, and got her hours back. :aah:

I'm happy for you! you must be ecstatic! :biggrin2: 2 years is a LOONNGG time. :naughty:

Yeah, Unemployment has been so high lately! My Mom quit because her hours were cut back in.. 2006.. and then at the new place, she had her hours cut about a week before Mika came to Philly, but she talked with her manager, and got her hours back. :aah:

I'm happy for you! you must be ecstatic! :biggrin2: 2 years is a LOONNGG time. :naughty:

Tell me about it sister! I knew it was coming for me - Obama was actually in Fort Myers (some Town Hall style rally) . . . telling us all that things were about to turn around and get better . . .and TWO DAYS later - I got laid off! :sad: F I G U R E S . . . any hoo - unemplyoment is for the BIRDS - and my kids are about to go back to school and need A LOT of things - so, this could not have happened at a BETTER time!!!!

I have been praying that Mika does NOT come to America anytime soon - because if he did - and I could not go - I would have died!!! And that is NO joke! But, N O W - I am SO ready! He can come anytime! :roftl: I will be there!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

Congratulations Holly!!! :huglove:

:yay:

Congratulations Holly!!! :huglove:

:yay:

THANK YOU!!!!! It has been a l o n g time coming!!!! AAhhhh - - - it seriously DOES feel like I just hit the lottery!!! There is NOTHING worse then being completely broke!!! :no: I never wanna feel that again!!!! :aah:

THANK YOU!!!!! It has been a l o n g time coming!!!! AAhhhh - - - it seriously DOES feel like I just hit the lottery!!! There is NOTHING worse then being completely broke!!! :no: I never wanna feel that again!!!! :aah:

You're welcome!

Oh I know! My dad won't have a job again until October and my mom's getting a $5,000 paycut with teacher furloughs and everything. :thumbdown:

You're welcome!

Oh I know! My dad won't have a job again until October and my mom's getting a $5,000 paycut with teacher furloughs and everything. :thumbdown:

It is SUCH a bad/hard time for pretty much everyone right now (in one way or another) with all of these lay-off's and paycuts and people losing their homes left and right - it is tough . . . I just hope and pray that things turn around soon!!! Obama promised us A LOT - and well, The United States right now is seeming to crumble under our feet! :shocked:

**** and don't EVEN get me started about the OIL SPILL! I live on the Gulf of Mexico! **** if it isn't ONE thing - it is another! :rolls_eyes:

I'm from Los Angeles, California. Beautiful weather, lots of tourist attractions, overall a great place to live. But life is really fast-paced and stressful, land prices are sky-high, and people can be really mean here sometimes. Oh, and delicious fruit.:naughty: I was born in Cleveland, Ohio, but moved away when I was little. Lovely place, from what I remember of it and what I've heard of it. But it's very segregated. You have it so black people live on one side of the street, Jewish people live on the other. If you cross to the other side you could get shot. Italians here, Muslims there. That's why we moved to Tuscon, Arizona when I was 2. I lived there until I was 4. It was a nice place. Deserts as far as the eye can see. I would go exploring them with my dad. I remember playing in the monsoons. But I could only go out in the early morning or in the late evening, because it was boiling hot there. On your average day, temperatures were above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This little girl who lived across the street from me, Audrey, she was only two years older than me, and her skin was absolutely fried. I'm lucky my mom kept me inside while it was hot out; now, as a teenager/young adult, I have no skin damage. Let's see.. I've been to Utah. Nice place, if a little bit cold. But maybe that's just 'cause I'm from California.:biggrin2: Iowa. Lush and green, probably my favorite midwestern state. Annnnddd South Dakota. My mom came from there. It seems to be like 20 years behind the rest of the world.:roftl: But I've heard that life is more relaxing and land is cheaper there. So I don't know. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.:wink2:

Tell me about it sister! I knew it was coming for me - Obama was actually in Fort Myers (some Town Hall style rally) . . . telling us all that things were about to turn around and get better . . .and TWO DAYS later - I got laid off! :sad: F I G U R E S . . . any hoo - unemplyoment is for the BIRDS - and my kids are about to go back to school and need A LOT of things - so, this could not have happened at a BETTER time!!!!

I have been praying that Mika does NOT come to America anytime soon - because if he did - and I could not go - I would have died!!! And that is NO joke! But, N O W - I am SO ready! He can come anytime! :roftl: I will be there!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

:huglove:

I'm really happy for you! :biggrin2:

My Family is Thankful and Lucky to not have been affected(effected?) as much as a lot of people. I'm surprised my Dad's work hasn't shut down.. but they actually got raises instead of shutting down, so maybe THAT means things are getting better! :naughty: and my brother might be about to get a job in Charleston at a Boeing plant, which gives me an excuse to go to Charleston! :teehee:

and YAY! I hope he comes to Atlanta this time so bad! :aah: I might be able to come if he comes to Florida, depending on when & where, not allowed to come to Miami though.. :thumbdown: but, I'm saving up money now to go back to NYC so maybe I can go see him there! that'd be exciting since lots of MFC'ers will be there!:naughty: My Mom's work status was a main reason why I couldn't come to Philly, it made me mad at first, at her, but now I realize it wasn't her fault, and I'm more mad at the owner of the buisness for cutting her hours back.

Welcome, Reb! :biggrin2:

I like your avatar :thumb_yello:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :biggrin2:

:bye: Reb/Rebecca...nice name :thumb_yello: I'm a Rebecca, but I've always been called Becky :biggrin2: I'm from Michigan, so yep, close to Indiana. I've only been to the Shipshewana flea market in Indiana, I haven't been there in years though...other than that I've only passed through Indiana.

Awesome! A fellow Rebecca - and a close(-ish) one, too! Becky's the one nickname I don't let people call me. I've been called Becca, Bec, and even Rebz. :aah: Not Becky. But Becky's a great name; it's just not for me. :thumb_yello: I went to Michigan once for vacation, and I loved it there!

Thanks for the BIG welcome, Holly! I know I just met you, but I'm really happy for you! Getting a job after so much searching is a great thing! :biggrin2:

Thanks for your welcomes, too, Kaitlin and Christine. It's nice to meet both of you. Cooooooorn. :roftl:

Hey, everyone.

Welcome Reb:biggrin2::bye:

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY!! I knew you could do it:biggrin2::huglove:

Awesome! A fellow Rebecca - and a close(-ish) one, too! Becky's the one nickname I don't let people call me. I've been called Becca, Bec, and even Rebz. :aah: Not Becky. But Becky's a great name; it's just not for me. :thumb_yello: I went to Michigan once for vacation, and I loved it there!

I actually can't stand it when people call me Rebecca, It sounds like a pretty name until people use it for me HA :aah: I've always been called Becky, so it just seems wrong to be called anything else (I've had a few nicknames, but nothing that has lasted other than sometimes getting called Bec by certain relatives). What I've always hated is when people seem to insist on calling me Rebecca. I seem to remember having teachers who would call me Rebecca even when I'd write Becky on all of my papers. They would be handing back papers and would obviously notice that it said Becky, yet still call out Rebecca for me to come get the paper :blink: I remember when I was in elementary school I considered having people call me Becca, but I changed my mind before even telling anybody about it :teehee: One thing I really don't like about the name Rebecca is when I have to sign things the "cca" ends up a total mess :blush-anim-cl:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...