Is Mika Starting To Break Into The U.S?!?!

I <3 MIKA!!!

ok so i have noticed over the past couple of weeks that mika has slowly been appearing more and more for example:

his songs are played in various commercials, movies, performing on jay leno...

i am heard him on the radio

he is played alot in tj maxx, the christmas shop, marshalls...

for some reason i dont know if its just been affecting me now because i am noticing it because i am obsessed or if he is slowly creeping into the us? the us music industry has also been introducing more european and pop artists more and more, even if we are a little bit behind lol, like katy perry, leona lewis, kate nash and lily allen (both kate and lily kind of died out quickly but they were in the top 100 for a little while)

anyone agree or disagree post here, also post some experiences where mika appeared on the radio tv...

sorry if there is already a thread on this feel free to close this mods :cheerful_h4h:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was sort of thinking that after seeing all the movies he was played in...

I don't really listen to the radio, so I don't know about that..

Hopefully.. that would be amazing!

I don't think Katy is european though :wink2:

Yay! :dance_man: the states are so slow :sneaky2:

At least theres some improvement!!!!!

I HOPE SO he deserves it.

It seems that all at once he's been getting his songs played in movies, and on TV. So that's really exciting.

It's about time!

I'm surprised it's taken so long! It's been slow....but i've been hearing more and more!

It seems that all at once he's been getting his songs played in movies, and on TV. So that's really exciting.

It's about time!

I'm surprised it's taken so long! It's been slow....but i've been hearing more and more!

exactly!!!!!! i know that us americans tend to be a bit late jumping on the european music band wagon and stuff so maybe this is mikas big break! like wasnt leona lewis' album out for like a year in the uk or something?!?!:boxed:

He had a whole song on Ugly Betty last season. So that was about last year almost. It was to "Big Girl" but it was called "Hey Betty!" So cool!! And he was on tons of talk shows like Good Morning America, and Dancing with the Stars. He has a huge fan base here. He's doing excellent I think. So technically he's broken in the USA, not just starting.

aww, I still don't hear much, but I could keep on listening! :wink2:

and I also hope he comes more to the US, because maybe if he has a HUGE music break- out before summer ... he could possibly .. possibly come to TOUR!!!! :roftl:

and I love euorpean things so this is great! :bleh: I love amy winehouse, lily allen, kate, and MIKA of course! ( but I don't know if they are all european.. I think they are.. right?.. :biggrin2: )

He had a whole song on Ugly Betty last season. So that was about last year almost. It was to "Big Girl" but it was called "Hey Betty!" So cool!! And he was on tons of talk shows like Good Morning America, and Dancing with the Stars. He has a huge fan base here. He's doing excellent I think. So technically he's broken in the USA, not just starting.

yes, this is true. But i would consider him really to be breaking the US when random people on the street know who i'm talking about when i mention Mika- and stop asking "what is a Mika" lol.

He does have a magnificent fan base though, but he's not on the charts like he is in the UK.

It's really just exciting that his songs are being played more =]

yes, this is true. But i would consider him really to be breaking the US when random people on the street know who i'm talking about when i mention Mika- and stop asking "what is a Mika" lol.

He does have a magnificent fan base though, but he's not on the charts like he is in the UK.

It's really just exciting that his songs are being played more =]

yes! exactly! :roftl:

I don't see any difference! SADLY! It is still the same ole stores that play his music. He still basically has the same fan base that he has always had. Mika's fan base in America has been there right from the start and we are extremely dedicated! We are not going anywhere, therefore neither is Mika - even if they refuse to play him on the radio! I battled for months with the radio stations, just to play one song - ONE TIME.... I offered them EVERYTHING short of my first born child, and still got no where! The said there is just no DEMAND for Mika here. And I am like ARE YOU CRAZY? PLEASE just play Grace Kelly ONE time, if you don't get 10 calls about the song - don't play it again! STILL NOTHING! Yeah- I have pretty much stopped listening to the radio all together, cause they never play what I want to hear! ....and it kills me how the GREATEST artists have a tough time breking into the U.S. but the CRAP ARTISTS are MegaStars .... makes no sense at all. *And I know yall know what I am talking about* :naughty:

I don't see any difference! SADLY! It is still the same ole stores that play his music. He still basically has the same fan base that he has always had. Mika's fan base in America has been there right from the start and we are extremely dedicated! We are not going anywhere, therefore neither is Mika - even if they refuse to play him on the radio! I battled for months with the radio stations, just to play one song - ONE TIME.... I offered them EVERYTHING short of my first born child, and still got no where! The said there is just no DEMAND for Mika here. And I am like ARE YOU CRAZY? PLEASE just play Grace Kelly ONE time, if you don't get 10 calls about the song - don't play it again! STILL NOTHING! Yeah- I have pretty much stopped listening to the radio all together, cause they never play what I want to hear! ....and it kills me how the GREATEST artists have a tough time breking into the U.S. but the CRAP ARTISTS are MegaStars .... makes no sense at all. *And I know yall know what I am talking about* :naughty:

Amen sister!:punk:

It's about time!

He's in America at the moment! I've been dying for him to break into the US, even though I am British, because in Britain, an artist is not taken too seriously, UNTIL they have broken America. Mika deserves to break America, and I'm so happy his music is starting to be played more over the pond! This should get him more fans, and more album sales!

I hope he does!! Although he does have a huge fanbase it would be great if as Lauralai/LadyGodiva said, people one the street could recognise him ands such.

Anyway he's not too famous here but he's on the radio pretty often so i guess it's okay.

He's in America at the moment! I've been dying for him to break into the US, even though I am British, because in Britain, an artist is not taken too seriously, UNTIL they have broken America. Mika deserves to break America, and I'm so happy his music is starting to be played more over the pond! This should get him more fans, and more album sales!

He's in America at the moment as in PHYSICALLY in America?????

OMG!!!!! *kicks in to stalker mode* :naughty:

exactly!!!!!! i know that us americans tend to be a bit late jumping on the european music band wagon and stuff so maybe this is mikas big break! like wasnt leona lewis' album out for like a year in the uk or something?!?!:boxed:

No only 2 or 3 months.

This isn't important to me I'm afraid.

Possibly the opposite.

The more famous he gets, the less accessible he will be, the higher the price of concert tickets, the longer the gap between albums and tours.

It is nice to hear him on tv and radio, and he must have at least modest success to keep going, I would think, but I'm not wetting my pants at the thought of Mika's superstardom or his domination of American life.

Possibly the opposite.

The more famous he gets, the less accessible he will be, the higher the price of concert tickets, the longer the gap between albums and tours.

It is nice to hear him on tv and radio, and he must have at least modest success to keep going, I would think, but I'm not wetting my pants at the thought of Mika's superstardom or his domination of American life.

I could not agree more! I would LOVE to be able to turn on the radio and hear Mika - but all of the other things that go along with HUGE success here, is a price I just do not want to have to pay! I will die the day that Mika becomes in-accessable! :boxed:

Possibly the opposite.

YES! i completely agree! some think it's selfish to not want "domination of American life" for him. but would that be something he really wants anyway? it seems like where he's at now and his slow(er) rise to fame in America will give him more longevity?

YES! i completely agree! some think it's selfish to not want "domination of American life" for him. but would that be something he really wants anyway? it seems like where he's at now and his slow(er) rise to fame in America will give him more longevity?

I don't think we have to worry about Mika's longevity! He definately has Staying Power! Mika is gonna be around for .... EVER! And I agree! I think that even Mika himself is happy with where he is in America! We get frustrated when the radio staions refuse to play him- but.... we do have to remember to be careful what we wish for cause we just might get it! hhhmmm.... what would I rather have...........

* Hear Mika on the radio 24/7

* See him on the telelvision

* See him plastered all over the cover of magazines

* See him blasted all over Mtv - VH1

* Go to a show and never get NEAR him

OR have none of that and Mika remain accessable to his TRUE fans.....

That is a no-brainer!

When you think of it in the WHOLE prespective ...... you think well MAYBE I will just be a little selfish.... cause nothing compares to what we have with Mika! I do not want it to go away!

Thanks guys!

Interesting information.

After all your country is a big country, and it’s important for his carrier to make himself a name there!:original:

I think i read somewhere that a third of the music sold is sold in/from the us? That seems pretty crazy if its true!:shocked:

He does, I know part of me wants the small venues so we can be close up and have just the big fans in general, but i think he wants the most people to hear his music, so i'm sure this makes him happy. Heck, it's great for more people to discover his music!:biggrin2:

I hope he does!! Although he does have a huge fanbase it would be great if as Lauralai/LadyGodiva said, people one the street could recognise him ands such.

Anyway he's not too famous here but he's on the radio pretty often so i guess it's okay.

And stop asking "what is a mika?" :sneaky2:

He's not played often where i am.....hopefully that will change soon!

Most of the 1400 people in my school know ho he is because of me lol. :blink::blush-anim-cl:

Possibly the opposite.

Yes, part of me feels this way as well. I do want everybody to be able to hear his music, but i'm a bit selfish because i don't want everybody to go to his concerts....because that means insane hours waiting in line, and too many people at concerts, lost or insane people (is that even a change ? lol) and a very slim chance of meeting him.

true but that is what they do with most new artists big in the uk he hasnt made an imprint is what we are saying i think like he has no radio play he only went on tv shows to promote his new album he was never in the top 100 and most people dont know who he is:thumbdown: