Saranayde Needs Your Votes!!!!!!!!!!

daisylou

WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE SARANAYDE SONG?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE SARANAYDE SONG?

I think it depends on which audience she wants to target: Slide would be great for the club circuit and All Because Of You is more funk or soul. If I had to choose between them All Because Of You would be a very close second to Slide: it's catchier, a good track to dance to, and the video for it could be fun. It comes down to personal taste in music, though, it's a hard one to call - hence why the results are neck and neck at the moment.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my general opinion as opposed to just posting 'voted'.

Out of 'All because of you' and 'slide' - Then 'slide' gets my vote.

However, i do not think either are especially 'strong' tracks in terms of quality or ability to get within the charts.

Im sure i am going to get my head bitten off for saying so, but you asked for an opinion.

I think they both sound like the stereotypical tracks of people with minimal talent, made with a keyboard and a computer program or two.

Having heard your work with other artists i know that this is not the right playing field for your level.

As i mentioned previously i am not hugely aware of your music on a solo front, so i have no idea which songs have been released and which havent. BUT, personally, i would suggest going with some of your other tracks. 'Smalltown Boy' in particular, or 'Sly Girls'. They are much more marketable, of higher quality and show off alot more of your vocal range than the two suggested in the vote.

You've made some valid points. I agree that the two tracks in the poll wouldn't stand out amongst contemporary music, I'd be surprised if either of them reached #1, but that's not what everyone aims for in their first single, I think that either of them could do decently on the charts: Slide is a good dance-y track and All Because Of You could fit in with the revived fashion of soul/funk. But I think that a first single is supposed to be an introduction to an artist, helping establish their sound and skills, so I agree that they don't don't do the best job of showcasing - or at least not as well as Missionary Man and When Doves Cry did which were brilliant and very promising. Smalltown Boy or Sly Girls might do a better job; I also liked some of the other tracks that she's taken down from her MySpace such as Bad Day. I think that if she wants a truer representation of our opinions it'd be better for her to upload all of the tracks somewhere and then create a poll, the results and advice would be more constructive and productive that way. But when given the choice of only the two songs above I stand by my previous statement.

I voted, but I have to agree with previous posters...

I LOVE Saranayde's voice and with such talent,:wub2: I am just sure she can do even better than these songs in showing off her range and skill.

You've made some valid points. I agree that the two tracks in the poll wouldn't stand out amongst contemporary music, I'd be surprised if either of them reached #1, but that's not what everyone aims for in their first single, I think that either of them could do decently on the charts: Slide is a good dance-y track and All Because Of You could fit in with the revived fashion of soul/funk. But I think that a first single is supposed to be an introduction to an artist, helping establish their sound and skills, so I agree that they don't don't do the best job of showcasing - or at least not as well as Missionary Man and When Doves Cry did which were brilliant and very promising. Smalltown Boy or Sly Girls might do a better job; I also liked some of the other tracks that she's taken down from her MySpace such as Bad Day. I think that if she wants a truer representation of our opinions it'd be better for her to upload all of the tracks somewhere and then create a poll, the results and advice would be more constructive and productive that way. But when given the choice of only the two songs above I stand by my previous statement.

SuperTwat judging by your signature, you might be a hitherto unknown (to us) diehard Saranayde fan!! Welcome. I am sure you have seen our other Saranayde threads?

SuperTwat judging by your signature, you might be a hitherto unknown (to us) diehard Saranayde fan!! Welcome. I am sure you have seen our other Saranayde threads?

Haha, not a diehard fan, I just love the photography in that set of photos. Though I do think that her duets on Missionary Man and When Doves Cry were one of the highlights of Mika's shows. :thumb_yello:

Okay, here's my general opinion as opposed to just posting 'voted'.

Out of 'All because of you' and 'slide' - Then 'slide' gets my vote.

However, i do not think either are especially 'strong' tracks in terms of quality or ability to get within the charts.

Im sure i am going to get my head bitten off for saying so, but you asked for an opinion.

I think they both sound like the stereotypical tracks of people with minimal talent, made with a keyboard and a computer program or two.

Having heard your work with other artists i know that this is not the right playing field for your level.

As i mentioned previously i am not hugely aware of your music on a solo front, so i have no idea which songs have been released and which havent. BUT, personally, i would suggest going with some of your other tracks. 'Smalltown Boy' in particular, or 'Sly Girls'. They are much more marketable, of higher quality and show off alot more of your vocal range than the two suggested in the vote.

I voted, but I have to agree with previous posters...

I LOVE Saranayde's voice and with such talent,:wub2: I am just sure she can do even better than these songs in showing off her range and skill.

I agree, these songs don't really do much for her. I too love her voice, but I just don't think these sons do that beautiful voice much justice. Maybe it's just the style she's aiming for?

I also like Smalltown Boy, but out of the two songs in the poll, I'm going to have to go with All Because Of You, I think it shows off her voice better than Slide.

I went and had a look at her page before reading all of these comments and I saw that she'd listed Smalltown Boy. I got really excited cos I love the Bronski Beat song and hoped that it was a cover of that and it was! And it was great!

So, having listened to that first, the other two songs were kind of so-so. I prefer All Because of You, so I voted for that. Slide just did nothing for me, I'm not partial to that style of music. But that's merely my musical preferences.

wait when did she send this message? did she really?

Yes she did! lol!

She was so happy of the response she received from you guys. The asking for your choice is a kinda "Thank You!" for your support.

The reason there are the two tracks as they were the ones she chose.

I agree I love Smalltown Boy and adored Erasure/Bronski Beat in my day. I feel Sara is trying to show herself as an artist tho by promoting her own material rather than starting with a cover.

It is her choice in the end altho I am sure she will take all comments into account' date=' so keep them coming.

I hope whatever the end decision you will all keep supporting her in the future and hopefully get her in the charts...who knows maybey the top spot one day!!

xxx[/color']

the thing is that she (or the label she's signed under, i don't know the details) thought that those tracks were the ones to be released, so i doubt we can change it...

about the bold things in your post : if it's not the aim to be 1st in the charts (as for me, it was an expression, i was talking about creating a buzz as in "breaking the charts", not basic 1st place), it's at least a very present idea or there is no interest in releasing something if what you want is stucking to the last places or not even being in the charts :blink: cause this doesn't help you selling copies, so there would be no interest in releasing something... am i clear ?? :blink: and for the "introduction" part : honestly : are you introduced to place 50 of the top 50 or to the singers who are not even in the tops ?? i don't think so...

basically, it's the same : you release something, you want it to be noticed, you want people to like it and if they like it, it's going well in the charts :wink2: