Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

Afternoon all!

Bit of a shocker about Lukey, been sitting on this since Monday, but as Luke wanted it kept quiet, felt obliged to honour his wishes. Spoken to hm on Myspace about it, and he was very sweet about the whole thing. So far he is being the bigger man (no pun intended, ha ha) over it.

Really would be interested in hearing Mikas take on this, but that's his perrogative, as long as he makes things good with Luke, that's all that matters.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon all!

Bit of a shocker about Lukey, been sitting on this since Monday, but as Luke wanted it kept quiet, felt obliged to honour his wishes. Spoken to hm on Myspace about it, and he was very sweet about the whole thing. So far he is being the bigger man (no pun intended, ha ha) over it.

Really would be interested in hearing Mikas take on this, but that's his perrogative, as long as he makes things good with Luke, that's all that matters.

All stories always have two sides...........but I guess we are exteremly unlikely to get Mika's side of it.........but one never knows...flying pigs may make an appearance:wink2:

But whatever the truth is, the bottom line (in my humble opinion) is that it is very sad, and a real loss. Luke is very talented, very nice and very good looking. I certainly hope that he makes a go of it and I think he will. But it is sad to think that there is ill feeling within the group.

Hi Sarahlou...just read your long post in the Luke thread. I agree with you...nothing is forever and as you say there are contractual issues but from what we have heard, it does leave a nasty taste:thumbdown:

Hi Sarahlou...just read your long post in the Luke thread. I agree with you...nothing is forever and as you say there are contractual issues but from what we have heard, it does leave a nasty taste:thumbdown:

Hi Kath....hope you're OK.

It is sad news about Luke, but some people seem to get a bit carried away and forget that...nobody's died......

What else has been happening??

hi kath, rose and sara (in strict alphabetical order! :naughty:)

i'm writing from my own pc! it's back!:thumb_yello:

i'm sad about luke, sure i am...but i don't like ppl here that are ready to throw stones at mika as soon as something seems going a weird way...

i don't like it, i'd never had.

and someone posted that luke is launching his own album in august...so?

it's a contractual matter....maybe he's disappointed because of other issues with the management...why put the blame on mika?:blink:

and at the end...we will never know the true truth! as it's bound to be...it's not our business anyway.

we can just feel for luke, follow him in his career and miss him tremendously at gigs................:shocked:

hi kath, rose and sara (in strict alphabetical order! :naughty:)

i'm writing from my own pc! it's back!:thumb_yello:

i'm sad about luke, sure i am...but i don't like ppl here that are ready to throw stones at mika as soon as something seems going a weird way...

i don't like it, i'd never had.

and someone posted that luke is launching his own album in august...so?

it's a contractual matter....maybe he's disappointed because of other issues with the management...why put the blame on mika?:blink:

and at the end...we will never know the true truth! as it's bound to be...it's not our business anyway.

we can just feel for luke, follow him in his career and miss him tremendously at gigs................:shocked:

Hello Robi.

I must have missed that bit, something to look forward to then:wink2:

Hi Leona, I thought I'd got my usual timing wrong again. No one in ;(

Hiow are you? Have you had your surgery yet?

yes, I haven't seen you for a while!

surgery was 1 month ago, went well, I'm recovering...not as quickly as I'd hoped!

yesterday I tried riding the subway again and this time I found if I'm in a seat facing the same direction the train is going, it doesn't hurt my neck.

so I can get around the city again!

how're you?

Oh I'm so glad you're recovering well. Yes these things take time to heal. I hope you're not in too much pain. Gentle hugs.

I have a very bad shoulder/arm at the mo. I could cry with the pain sometimes. Plus I have a US house guest for next 10 days.

Oh I'm so glad you're recovering well. Yes these things take time to heal. I hope you're not in too much pain. Gentle hugs.

I have a very bad shoulder/arm at the mo. I could cry with the pain sometimes. Plus I have a US house guest for next 10 days.

Thanks, Shari! well, I guess the Dr. said 3 months for a reason, maybe he's done this more often than me and i should listen to him!

eek! I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder, and hope your guest is not too demanding.

2 of my sisters are having shoulder issues.( one of them, her Dr. wants to break her shoulder because scar tissue has made it impossible to improve.

I don't know about that!)

do you know the root of your pain?

Well, it's been here for about a month but getting worse. I sought medical help yesterday but he just said rub Ibuprofen gel on it 3 times a day. I've a feeling it's arthritis and stems from my neck or at least my other shoulder. (Too much looking at the Vulcan with binoculars/video I suspect!)

I really hope yourpain eases with time Leona. Don't try to rush things, and don't do too muc at once. Little by little is best. I'm sorry I wasn't around at the time you were going thru it. I could have sent you a Mika magnet to cheer you up!

Well, take good care. Love to everyone I have missed.

Laurel - one improved pic courtesy of Kelzy

HPIM0990_Kelzyedited.jpg

:wub2::wub2:

Ooooh thank you so much... now becomes a fan of Silver and Kelzy.... knocks this Mika thing on the head once and for all...

Do you think I stand a chance :wink2:

I was sad to hear about Luke... but I love his songs on MySpace... am listening to them now...

He has an amazing voice... and is a fantastic songwriter... I'm sure he'll do well :bleh: - well with most of the MFC behind him - I'm sure he will :thumb_yello:

Oh and have I mentioned... I'M ON HOLIDAY :punk:

Hi Wendi and Laurel again

Hi Clare:thumb_yello:

Can't believe some of the stuff I have read in the Luke leaving thread:shocked:

It's quite sad that he has left the band.

I'm okay thanks.