Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

hello Miek & Weealx

I was just reading the thread Francis Rodino was posting in, brings up an interesting point- are other artists allowed to post here?

well, at least it is something more positive than those other never-ending bitching threads (about someone leaving the band.)

Weealx, thanks for the history lesson!

I didn't realize all those people were Scottish, you must be very proud!

they sure can bitch around! there's already a part two (of the thread about someone leaving the band)

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello Miek & Weealx

I was just reading the thread Francis Rodino was posting in, brings up an interesting point- are other artists allowed to post here?

well, at least it is something more positive than those other never-ending bitching threads (about someone leaving the band.)

Weealx, thanks for the history lesson!

I didn't realize all those people were Scottish, you must be very proud!

Hi Leo, hope all is well,

Just goes to show, we are a small nation of warm kind, and intelligent people.

and before Silver post bandit pops in, I AM NOT THE EXCEPTION

please keep private discussions private.

what have I said now? was expecting backlash from the english contingent and now i am being attacked by the Dutch, what an alliance

I hope you know I was sincere!

on the morning news here, they were showing a preview of 'Highland Games'

that are going on this weekend at a country club.

Is it a Scottish Holiday?

and what do they call it when they have that huge wooden pole that they throw and flip upside down? it looks very difficult!

I hope you know I was sincere!

on the morning news here, they were showing a preview of 'Highland Games'

that are going on this weekend at a country club.

Is it a Scottish Holiday?

and what do they call it when they have that huge wooden pole that they throw and flip upside down? it looks very difficult!

the Highland games go on through the summer at venues every weekend, that wooden pole, is a telegraph pole, and it is called tossing the caber.

would not doubt sincerity, and no not a holiday

thanks for the info. I'm a curious person!

I've learned many odd bits and facts from this forum,

from around the world. very interesting.

I am 1/16th Scottish myself!

my father's grandfather's second wife, I believe, was a Macomber

from Canada.

*Waves*

I'm not actually here though - I'm about to watch the football... :)

Hi laurel, enjoy the footbal.....although tomorrow's match will be so much more exciting! :wink2:

Kath, we need more photos of that new international spicy chicken!!

:naughty: Sorry, no more pics...although Ab is already planning her trip to South Africa so hopefully she will return with lots more pics!:naughty:

Good Evening everyone.

I have NO intention to join any Scottish/English debate in here............The Oldlings is our sanctuary so I don't want to get involved...however, I will just say that we couldn't possibly make a list of all the English achievments...we wouldn't have enough time!:roftl:

Hope everyone is well. I AM here but have a few jobs to do on the puter so I will be coming and going a bit.

I do hope that Wendi is a bit better :wub2:

:naughty: Sorry, no more pics...although Ab is already planning her trip to South Africa so hopefully she will return with lots more pics!:naughty:

Good Evening everyone.

I have NO intention to join any Scottish/English debate in here............The Oldlings is our sanctuary so I don't want to get involved...however, I will just say that we couldn't possibly make a list of all the English achievments...we wouldn't have enough time!:roftl:

Hope everyone is well. I AM here but have a few jobs to do on the puter so I will be coming and going a bit.

Hi kath, good to see you :huglove:

Good Evening everyone.

and I am trying to find what Englash people have done, it was a project that Ewan was doing at school the reason the subject came up,

hope all is good

*Throws random picture into the conversation*

f_mm_33a7c63.png

*Leaves*

My God Laurel.................the imagination can do a lot with that one...especially on a Friday!:naughty:

Hi Miek!:wub2:

How are you today? How is your weather? I remember that being pregnant in summer is not very funny!:shocked:

the weather is not that hot yet! :thumb_yello: but i fear a bit for trhe summer. but everything is going great so far!

My God Laurel.................the imagination can do a lot with that one...especially on a Friday!:naughty:

Really :shocked:

I'm a woman of such pure mind - I'd never noticed :naughty:

:bleh:

and I am trying to find what Englash people have done, it was a project that Ewan was doing at school the reason the subject came up,

hope all is good

T'internet is a very useful tool in such circumstances...saves trawling through books!:shocked: Bye if you are leaving, catch you soon

the weather is not that hot yet! :thumb_yello: but i fear a bit for trhe summer. but everything is going great so far!

Great! Yes, I have to admit that I was never VERY pregnant through the hottest part of summer as mine were born in April and December!:shocked:

Really :shocked:

I'm a woman of such pure mind - I'd never noticed :naughty:

:bleh:

Well I realised that you wouldn't have, that is why I thought it was my duty to point it out!:naughty: