Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

That's lovely... going to bed now... so will see you guys in the morning probably.... :)

Hope Wendi sleeps better tonight... and no late night lurking from Kath either :huglove:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit worried about FD's "teaching English" thread - he's not exactly what I would call a master of the subject :wink2:

Hello fellow oldlings!:thumb_yello:

Yes but isn’t he a sweetie for doing it?

I said in lollipop-monkeys thread about English as a second language, that I sometimes find it a little hard to understand what you’re talking about in this thread because of the many shortenings and your so very English accents.

But that doesn’t stop me from lurking a lot, sorry!:blush-anim-cl:

Although I must say I appreciate the friendly atmosphere in here!:wub2:

Hope Wendi sleeps better tonight... and no late night lurking from Kath either :huglove:

In agony again. Yesterday was a nightmare. I cant face an injection from doctor. Even clothes touching my shoulder is unbearable so the very thought of an injection makes me feel sick. Am posting from my phone as cant walk to get laptop! :tears:

In agony again. Yesterday was a nightmare. I cant face an injection from doctor. Even clothes touching my shoulder is unbearable so the very thought of an injection makes me feel sick. Am posting from my phone as cant walk to get laptop! :tears:

hey wendi! sorry to hear that you are in pain. :emot-sad:

i see you are up very late, i guess it's not a good night for you.

my heart goes to you :tears:

will this injection make you feel better? if so, for how long?

dont know how long it would last - but I would pass out. Have done that twice today already. Have to get the girls to take me to the toilet. I just need to persevere with the painkillers!

Hiya G. Using phone to post and have lost two replies so far! :sneaky2: Dont know how long it would last - but I would pass out. Have done that twice today already. Have to get the girls to take me to the toilet. I just need to persevere with the painkillers!

Oh good god, I'm sharing a room with Kath:shocked:

Sara and me will be at the door with our glasses listening:lmao:.

All you will here is snoring!:naughty: (Says Kath in the vein hope that anyone on here actually believes that she sleeps!:naughty:

Morning everyone...it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I am not here!)

have a good day everyone...wendi...I hope you are feeling a bit better today:wub2:

hi kath....i had to bite my tongue (actually cut my fingers) not to post about the snoring last night...eheheheheheheh scared of kath's reactions!!!

but no

you def do not snore! you barely sleep!!!:thumb_yello:

have a good day, yes i too hope wendi is better today..:wub2:

ciao ciao

:wub2:

:huglove: to Wendi... hope she did finally get some sleep last night... I remember how bad my shoulder was all those years ago... I ended up having to have some Cortasan (Don't know spelling and can't be bothered to look it up) Injections in it.... :( So I kind of understand too why she doesn't want the Injection either... :eek:

Hope everyone else is OK.... Gonna start part 2 of my Mika project now... be back later on.... :)

hello everyone! T G I F !!!

have you heard this? Luke is playing keyboards with him

http://www.francisrodino.com/index.cfm

I just saw the thread about it.

this morning I take my cat to the vet. he has a little bump on his gums that I just noticed and is getting bigger. I hope it's nothing serious, but I want the vet to tell me for sure.

it's going to be an adventure- a friend will help me wrestle him into his carrier and take him howling on the bus!!

Wendi, pobrecita, feel better soon!

catch you all later.

Kath, we need more photos of that new international spicy chicken!!

Hi folks - just popping in for a few minutes!!

Kath and Abby - nice chicken!!! :das:

Leona - I hope your cat is ok!!! :thumb_yello:

Francis Rodino added me to his myspace, and sent me a message!!

His stuff is quite good!

Laurel - There is NO way I could have the injection - I passed out when

I turned over on it by mistake. The thought makes me feel sick!!!

Robi - your post made me laugh!! Cutting your fingers............ :roftl:

Still in a lot of pain - Alex advised doctors - but I could not bear them

touching it!! Its worse than childbirth!! :shocked:

Heading back to bed shortly - sitting up makes it ache, and typing with

one hand takes forever!!! :naughty:

Ouch, Wendi, please rest that shoulder!

I really feel for you.

In other news: My cat is fine! he got caught up on shots & blood test, cost me $200. And he's strictly indoors, so he didn't even get all the possible shots, vet said he could go without some of them. Next Friday he goes in for a complete dental cleaning, it's going to be almost $300!!!

EEEK! well, he is my 'baby'.

I've been listening to the Francis Rudino music from the website, I like him a lot!

Wendi, I thought you were my friend on myspace, but it won't let me send you a message, then when I try to add you I get error message.

are you trying to tell me something???!!!!

get better soon!

It's about to rain here. have you all heard about the flooding in the Midwest? Levees are breaking along the Mississippi River, many places have been declared disaster areas, it is a mess!!

Wha’s Like Us?

The average Englishman in the house he calls his castle, slips into his national costume – a shabby raincoat – patented by chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland.

En route to his office he strides along the English lane, surfaced by John Macadam, of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives his car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop vetannary surgeon of Dreghorn , Scotland.

At the office he receives the mail bearing an adhesive stamp invented by John Chalmers, bookseller and printer of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland. At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by, Kirkpatrick Macmillan blacksmith of Thornhill, Dumfrieshire, Scotland.

He watches the news on t.v an invention of John Logie Baird, of Helensburgh, Scotland. And hears an item about the U.S Navy, founded by John Paul Jones, of Kirkbean, Scotland.

Nowhere can an Englishman escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He has now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the bible, only to find the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot – King James vi – who authorised its translation.

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitfour, Scotland.

If he escaped death, he could find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, discovered by Sir Alexander Fleming of Darvel Scotland. And given chloroform, an anaesthetic discovered by Sir James Young Simpson, obstetrician and gynaecologist, of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anaestetic he would find no comfort in learning he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of guid Scottish blood which would enable him to ask ----

“Wha’s Like Us”

From a postcard I got from Scotland

Wha’s Like Us?

The average Englishman in the house he calls his castle, slips into his national costume – a shabby raincoat – patented by chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland.

En route to his office he strides along the English lane, surfaced by John Macadam, of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives his car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop vetannary surgeon of Dreghorn , Scotland.

At the office he receives the mail bearing an adhesive stamp invented by John Chalmers, bookseller and printer of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland. At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by, Kirkpatrick Macmillan blacksmith of Thornhill, Dumfrieshire, Scotland.

He watches the news on t.v an invention of John Logie Baird, of Helensburgh, Scotland. And hears an item about the U.S Navy, founded by John Paul Jones, of Kirkbean, Scotland.

Nowhere can an Englishman escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He has now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the bible, only to find the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot – King James vi – who authorised its translation.

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitfour, Scotland.

If he escaped death, he could find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, discovered by Sir Alexander Fleming of Darvel Scotland. And given chloroform, an anaesthetic discovered by Sir James Young Simpson, obstetrician and gynaecologist, of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anaestetic he would find no comfort in learning he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of guid Scottish blood which would enable him to ask ----

“Wha’s Like Us”

From a postcard I got from Scotland

And now I am not allowed to go to Amsterdam, cos I am a trouble maker

And now I am not allowed to go to Amsterdam, cos I am a trouble maker

Who said that?:wink2:

And no worries, the Scottish people going to Amsterdam are very friendly as far as I know!:naughty:

hello Miek & Weealx

I was just reading the thread Francis Rodino was posting in, brings up an interesting point- are other artists allowed to post here?

well, at least it is something more positive than those other never-ending bitching threads (about someone leaving the band.)

Weealx, thanks for the history lesson!

I didn't realize all those people were Scottish, you must be very proud!