HMDYLM and "Comfortably Numb" intro sound similar

I was listening to "Comfortably Numb" by the Scissor Sisters and heard the instrumental intro at the beginning and though it sounded very similar to something I have heard already.

Then I realized that it reminds me so much of the beginning of "How Much Do You Love Me?"

See if you can notice the difference as well.

Edit: And as elanorelle first pointed out, the original version of "Comfortably Numb" is by Pink Floyd.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika gets inspiration from a variety of places i suppose.

Try The intro to relax and Harry nilssons "One" at about 2:13 in.

Both completely brilliant amazing songs, so if you get a chance...

I've never thought about it. But maybe one day I'll check it out:wink2:

Comfortably numb is PINK FLOYD

everyone seems to be borrowing from everyone

:ap_rosetinted:

I know. I was just listening to the Scissor Sisters version when I posted that. I was looking for a Youtube video and saw how some people thought the Scissor Sisters cover was...well...not what they like...

I was listening to "Comfortably Numb" by the Scissor Sisters and heard the instrumental intro at the beginning and though it sounded very similar to something I have heard already.

Then I realized that it reminds me so much of the beginning of "How Much Do You Love Me?"

See if you can notice the difference as well.

"Comfortably Numb" by the Scissor Sisters

by Mika

***Listen to the Scissor Sisters one first and then the Mika one (and then wait for the intro part)***

you mean the intro only right???

if that is the case, then yes a bit!

:shocked:wow you're right...i hadn't heard the comfortably numb by scissor sisters only the original...by (i think) pink floyd? wasn't it made first? i'll feel really stupid if i'm wrong:naughty:

Yup, as elanorelle had mentioned before, the original is by Pink Floyd:biggrin2:

you mean the intro only right???

if that is the case, then yes a bit!

Yeah...only that very short little into part. I mean, they do sound similar but a bit different of course:biggrin2:

Yes, Comfortably Numb is a Pink Floyd song but the bit you are referring to is the "Scissor Sister's own" if there is such thing. It does not sound original, either. I am sure I can find a U2 song with similar intro, too, if I try...:cool:

I don't "hear" Relax's similarity with Harry Nilsson's One ....

Yes, Comfortably Numb is a Pink Floyd song but the bit you are referring to is the "Scissor Sister's own" if there is such thing. It does not sound original, either. I am sure I can find a U2 song with similar intro, too, if I try...:cool:

I don't "hear" Relax's similarity with Harry Nilsson's One ....

Cool:thumb_yello:

you're right they do sound similar:shocked:

BUt I love both so :yay:

:naughty:

That's awesome:thumb_yello:

I can't really either. The only one I can here is I just died in your arms tonight-which is listed on the cd booklet anyway, if I recall correctly?

I think so...

Talking ofsounding similar, has anyone seenthe ad on the tv about carbon footprints. This is in the UK by the way.

Well the song playing over it is Shangri-La by The Kinks, and the guitar at the beginning sounds just like the intro to the live version of LT, you know the Grey Skelly part.

Mika obviously inspired by the Kinks, and who can blame him, fantastic band, maybe one day he could do a cover of Lola.

Talking ofsounding similar, has anyone seenthe ad on the tv about carbon footprints. This is in the UK by the way.

Well the song playing over it is Shangri-La by The Kinks, and the guitar at the beginning sounds just like the intro to the live version of LT, you know the Grey Skelly part.

Mika obviously inspired by the Kinks, and who can blame him, fantastic band, maybe one day he could do a cover of Lola.

I don't know that one...because I don't live in the UK. But it sounds awesome though:thumb_yello:

Originally Posted by LadyGodiva

Mika gets inspiration from a variety of places i suppose.

Try The intro to relax and Harry nilssons "One" at about 2:13 in.

Both completely brilliant amazing songs, so if you get a chance...

I love it too, Although I love all his PopEye songs as well as Me and My Arrow

Comfortably numb is PINK FLOYD

everyone seems to be borrowing from everyone

I thought the same thing, I was all excited that Mika had covered this song...but here's to hoping :)

I hear the similarity. That Scissor Sister's cover of "Comfortably Numb" is really strange to the ear after having heard the original for so many years. Actually, I think it sounds like "Relax" a little too.

Ohhh....LOLA....Mika, if LOLA is played on US radio DAILY (which it is) there is no reason to believe Billy Brown would be that big of a shock. Right?

I hear the similarity. That Scissor Sister's cover of "Comfortably Numb" is really strange to the ear after having heard the original for so many years. Actually, I think it sounds like "Relax" a little too.

Ohhh....LOLA....Mika, if LOLA is played on US radio DAILY (which it is) there is no reason to believe Billy Brown would be that big of a shock. Right?

Yeah, it's only that short instrumental part right at the beginning.

Yeah, that happens to me when I hear cover songs as well.:thumb_yello: