Today someone told me in a cruel tone that I needed to "fix your eyes before you talk to me".

And then she said sorry, but I found out later that a mutual friend had told her to say sorry. She didn't want to herself.

This wasn't the only thing she said that hurt me.

I used to think my lazy eye was cool, made me look more like Mika, was different... but now I feel terrible that someone told me to "fix" something I can't control.

During that lesson I got a little teary-eyed due to the fact that someone I thought used to be such a great friend could do such a thing... but I managed not to cry and keep it until I'll get home, probably.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe it was my fault. This may be a pointless thread, but the MFC seriously is where all the greatest and kindest people I know are- all in one place :tears:

Mad xx

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't listen to her, the fool. If she can't get over something as little as a lazy eye then she's not a friend worth having. She even had to be told to say sorry to you, but if she really was THAT sorry she:

a) wouldn't have even said it in the first place, and

b) would have done it on her own initiative.

Nothing is your fault, you can't help what you're born with. Plenty of people have lazy eyes - including Mika, like you say - and does it make you any different to anyone else? Does your lazy eye prevent you from doing things other people can? No. There's nothing wrong with you whatsoever so don't feel you need to be ashamed of yourself. You're perfect just the way you are.

Today someone told me in a cruel tone that I needed to "fix your eyes before you talk to me".

And then she said sorry, but I found out later that a mutual friend had told her to say sorry. She didn't want to herself.

I used to think my lazy eye was cool, made me look more like Mika, was different... but now I feel terrible that someone told me to "fix" something I can't control.

During that lesson I got a little teary-eyed due to the fact that someone I thought used to be such a great friend could do such a thing... but I managed not to cry and keep it until I'll get home, probably.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe it was my fault. This may be a pointless thread, but the MFC seriously is where all the greatest and kindest people I know are- all in one place :tears:

Mad xx

:shocked: well that was mean!

But maybe they were just in a bad mood or something...

don't worry, we'll mind you:huglove:

(though I don't know you):blush-anim-cl:

My God, that's awful. If she has a problem being your friend just because you've got a lazy eye, well...I would tell her where to stick it, frankly.

But I know how crappy it feels when someone you thought was a good friend suddenly does something like that to you--my "best" friend totally betrayed me the other night and now I have to end the friendship. :boxed:

I hope you feel better! Your lazy eye is awesome and you deserve people who recognise that--I hope she realises how silly she's being! :huglove:

Awww.. hon :huglove: I think you don't need to worry about it.. i think that she isn't a friend if she can tell you something like that.. :no:

But anyway.. we all love you here and we think it's cool, becouse of mika :das:

don't listen to her, the fool. If she can't get over something as little as a lazy eye then she's not a friend worth having. She even had to be told to say sorry to you, but if she really was THAT sorry she:

a) wouldn't have even said it in the first place, and

b) would have done it on her own initiative.

Nothing is your fault, you can't help what you're born with. Plenty of people have lazy eyes - including Mika, like you say - and does it make you any different to anyone else? Does your lazy eye prevent you from doing things other people can? No. There's nothing wrong with you whatsoever so don't feel you need to be ashamed of yourself. You're perfect just the way you are.

Well, when she "said sorry", she said "when I get pissed off, I say things I don't want to say."

I didn't give that any importance-Only when I saw this mutual friend saying "did you... " and then her saying "yeah, yeah, I did, you're not my mum." I figured she was just saying that to please this friend.

My lazy eye doesn't prevent me from doing anything-I don't even know what I did which made her get pissed off. I think it was maybe because she was always saying I sucked at this softball game we were playing, and there was one time she went into my area to get a ball, stepped right in front of me- and I said something like "I could've caught that", to which she replied "you can't catch a ball" or something like that. That's when I said "Ok, fine, sexy" which just showed I couldn't care less about what she said or not. That's when she started, I think.

Thank you Caz, you're lovely:wub2:

:shocked: well that was mean!

But maybe they were just in a bad mood or something...

don't worry, we'll mind you:huglove:

(though I don't know you):blush-anim-cl:

Awww, don't worry, I love all MFCers, we can get to know eachother :wub2:

Thanks for offering to mind me:wub2:

My God, that's awful. If she has a problem being your friend just because you've got a lazy eye, well...I would tell her where to stick it, frankly.

But I know how crappy it feels when someone you thought was a good friend suddenly does something like that to you--my "best" friend totally betrayed me the other night and now I have to end the friendship.

I hope you feel better! Your lazy eye is awesome and you deserve people who recognise that--I hope she realises how silly she's being!

She wasn't really someone I'd hang out with very often-we used to be friends when we were much younger. She'd sometimes insult me, yes, but those were other things, things I had control over. This was the last straw, because she had previously insulted me today.

Aaw... I hope you get over your "friend:thumbdown:"

Thanks, I'm trying to convince myself of the fact that I might just have a cool lazy eye!:bleh:

Awww.. hon I think you don't need to worry about it.. i think that she isn't a friend if she can tell you something like that.. :no:

But anyway.. we all love you here and we think it's cool, becouse of mika :das:

Yeah! Mika's eye rocks:punk:-but mine is worse, more noticeable- i've tried Mika's "opening wide" trick, but it doesn't work very well- but I'll keep practising :das:

I love you Bab :wub2:

Mad xx

hi hun. what a stupid.. io dont swear by my own law but im happy to break it for you. lazey eyes are awsome! who wants to be the same as evaryone else? you tell them that you'll set the wear wolf on them next time they say that.

Well, when she "said sorry", she said "when I get pissed off, I say things I don't want to say."

I didn't give that any importance-Only when I saw this mutual friend saying "did you... " and then her saying "yeah, yeah, I did, you're not my mum." I figured she was just saying that to please this friend.

My lazy eye doesn't prevent me from doing anything-I don't even know what I did which made her get pissed off. I think it was maybe because she was always saying I sucked at this softball game we were playing, and there was one time she went into my area to get a ball, stepped right in front of me- and I said something like "I could've caught that", to which she replied "you can't catch a ball" or something like that. That's when I said "Ok, fine, sexy" which just showed I couldn't care less about what she said or not. That's when she started, I think.

Thank you Caz, you're lovely:wub2:

lol, i'm not particularly good at catching OR throwing and i don't have any lazy eyes :roftl: apart from this one time during basketball, i was doing REALLY well. This girl on my other team always hated me for whatever reason, she never got to know me, and she was like "Oh Caroline you're getting too big for your boots!" - basically saying I was showing off, when before I got stick for having butter fingers and being completely useless! I couldn't win lol, but I still strode on and ignored their stupid comments. It was just jealousy, and if they can't deal with it, it's THEIR problem and I couldn't give two monkeys. Let them be jealous - at least I show people what I can do, I don't shy away from the things I love to do, because they make me ME. They only act like the way they do because they feel pathetic in themselves, and want to make themselves feel bigger and better by bringing other people down.

It's not OUR fault if we have things they don't. Being a natural is one thing, and showing off is another. The most important thing to remember is the one thing that's probably one of the most important things in life: Be yourself :thumb_yello:

Don't let them get to you, hun.

My cousin has a lazy eye, but she's great fun and has in the last year graduated to being a maternity nurse. And she never let her eye hold her back.

You now only really notice it when she's really tired, but we're all used to it, so we don't notice it at all.

Can't say when I've been hanging out with her, that anyone has said anything about it, so I've not seen any problems, but I only see her when I go to Ireland, so I don't know what happens when I don't see her.

Mad xx

Hi Mad - what a horrible thing for someone to say!!! :thumbdown:

My oldest son has a very weak eye, he is practically blind in it, and he

had to wear eye patches over his good eye to try and make the other

one work. The result was he was no good at ball games, or any activity

which required him to see something quickly. The other children made

a fool of him - and it hurt him badly. He is now manager of three shops,

has a lovely car and home, so don't let anyone put you down. We are all

unique in our own way - and its the differences that make us interesting!!

:huglove:

What the flip is going on?! People are going mad! SO WHAT YOU HAVE A LAZY EYE?! Nobody's perfect my dear. I'm sure your friend has other problems (clearly she does). Not that a lazy eye's a bad thing. How's it a bad thing?

Feel better because it's not worth it. You're prefectly fine :)

Mad xx

Ignore it... she does not deserve to be heard...

I really hate it when people are cruel to others, just to make themself feel better! I would never in a million years say something that would hurt someone's feelings like that! Why be cruel to others... I guess she never heard the saying treat others as you would like them to treat you!

You are right about one thing all of the TRUE MFCers are quite special! Mika painted us a world so bright and colorful full of Lollipops and glitter - and everyone else WONDER why we are always so happy!!!!

It is our Mika secret!!!! ssshhhh!!!! :naughty:

Hi Mad - what a horrible thing for someone to say!!! :thumbdown:

My oldest son has a very weak eye, he is practically blind in it, and he

had to wear eye patches over his good eye to try and make the other

one work. The result was he was no good at ball games, or any activity

which required him to see something quickly. The other children made

a fool of him - and it hurt him badly. He is now manager of three shops,

has a lovely car and home, so don't let anyone put you down. We are all

unique in our own way - and its the differences that make us interesting!!

I'm the same Wendi... eye patch never really worked though either...

Funnily enough my lazy eye was the only thing I was never bullied at school for... and I can barely see out of it.... :(

Not a big deal for me though .... my other eye works fine... :thumb_yello:

Just take no notice of them Mad.... people who so easily throw insults have there own issues to deal with... you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.... :(

hey next time she talks to you, just tell her:

"fix your ****ing brain before you talk to me":naughty:

You know in all the years I was bullied, I always wanted to come back with some witty cutting retort... I never could though when I was in the situation.... could think of tons once I'd gone off though.... :thumbdown:

I think sometimes though to say nothing is better... don't lower yourselves to their level....

Mad xx

Howdy!

I have a lazy eye, too, do you wear glasses to fix it?

Anyway, I know how it can be. When I was little I used to show it off to everybody because I thought it was so cool, but now that I'm older I sometimes am embarrassed by it and feel insecure about it.

Don't let her words hurt you. Like you said, it's something you can't control. Obviously this shows just the type of character she is. You don't need people like that around you. Don't let those harsh words bring you down, she probably feels insecure about something herself, and to make herself feel better, she thought she'd point out yours. Remember that not everybody is perfect, and having a lazy eye isn't a bad thing. It can be fixed with glasses or surgery, it could be much worse. Besides, most cases aren't that noticeable!

I'm not getting surgery to fix mine, I just wear glasses because mine is pretty bad. Your lazy eye doesn't take away from your great personality and shouldn't be what defines you. Just remember that you're a unique, amazing individual and to never let those cruel words bring you down. :cheerful_h4h:

You know in all the years I was bullied, I always wanted to come back with some witty cutting retort... I never could though when I was in the situation.... could think of tons once I'd gone off though.... :thumbdown:

I think sometimes though to say nothing is better... don't lower yourselves to their level....

i really dont agree, for instance to communicate with kids you have to put yourself at their height, if you want to communicate with dumb people you have to lower yourself so they can undersatnd you and stop bothering you, otherwise they think they win and its fun and they do it again plus if you remain silent its not good for yourself, you keep all the anger inside...so use the language of people who bully you, if they speak with hands and have zero brain well then punch them, you´ll feel better, we are not the christ, we dont have to suffer twice.