Mika paper-cut

Space

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a VERY humble paper clip for his bday card last year and he still remembered it. yours is just bloody brilliant. congrats for your talent!! :thumb_yello:

I think I must make one when I got the chance to meet him!:naughty:

Wow, how did you do that???

I mean, what's this technique?

Amazing work, really....do you have Deviantart by the way? Just coz if yes, I would love to check out your other works!!!

:punk::punk::punk:

AMAZING TALENT!

I don't know what the technique is. Maybe read the photo clearly to draw the outline.:D

I have an account there but I never use it. xD

Casue choosing catalog is so annoying.xDD

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW....IT'S GREAT!!!LOVE IT,LOVE IT:) I PAINT (TOO) BUT I'VE NEVER TRIED TO PAINT MIKA-MEABY BCS HE'S TOOOO I MEAN TOOOOOOOO:blush-anim-cl: SPECIAL (and i don't want to distroy him:naughty::roftl:)

LUV U GUYS and Mr. M

Hey! You should paint a Mika one! That would be absolutely amazing!

You'll not distory him, I'm sure!:wink2:

I think it's amazing! Well done.

You have got a lot of patience. All those hours devoted to Mika. :naughty:

When my teacher ask me to make a paper-cut, I certainly think of Mika...:naughty::naughty:

only 4 hours for this brillant thing? I would need days or weeks for something like that! And it won't look such good like yours:shocked:

you're amazing!

Actually I can't remember (a month ago already and I've got a really bad remembrance...:boxed:)

Oh that's beautiful! And only 4 hours? :shocked: That's quick!

--Jack

:shocked: 4 hours?

wow that's quick, it's a great piece of art!

anyway..i LOVE it!

Great job!!

:thumb_yello:

I know!!! If I EVER attempted something like that...it would take WAY longer...not to mention that it wouldn't look nearly half as good!!!

I think I'm not that quick.

4 hours for cutting I remember(I guess...:mf_rosetinted:)

Wow, that is sooooo amazing. :mf_lustslow: I love paper-cut art because it is so fascinating to me to begin with. Yours is really a genius work of art, I love the expression you captured. I know that Mika would love it, I hope he does see it. I also hope one day you can make one to give to him. It is beautiful!

Thank you very much!

At the begining, I don't much about paper-cut. This is just a homework that my teacher told me to make. But I found that it's fun and pretty cool to do.

And it's easier for me to draw the outline with a black-and-white picture. Actually if you go check out the real photo, you'll find mine is not that very look alike him.:naughty:)

DSC07379Medium.jpg

I did it last month. I forgot how many hours I’ve spent on it, maybe more than 4?

How do you think about it? I pretty like it actually. :bleh:

It’s now showing in an exhibition in Hong Kong. I’ve 2 works there, so happy about it!

congrats! that's great work:thumb_yello:

DSC07379Medium.jpg

I did it last month. I forgot how many hours I’ve spent on it, maybe more than 4?

How do you think about it? I pretty like it actually. :bleh:

It’s now showing in an exhibition in Hong Kong. I’ve 2 works there, so happy about it!

:shocked::shocked:

This is simply gorgeous.:thumb_yello:

I

I don't know what the technique is. Maybe read the photo clearly to draw the outline.:D

I have an account there but I never use it. xD

Casue choosing catalog is so annoying.xDD

I mean, I don't understand how you have to make something like this...

So, you have a white paper and an orange paper...you look on the reference photo of Mika, and start cutting out the things from the orange paper...then you glue all the little orange paper parts on the big white paper????

Or you have this orange paper on the white one, and you start to cut things out with a knife or something, so the white part will be seen?

I just dont understand how to make a paper cut...:mf_rosetinted:

I mostly draw, but I really like it, and I would like to try it too...that's why Im asking these questions...:bleh:

By the way, if anyone else knows how to make it....please tell me...:blush-anim-cl:

I mean, I don't understand how you have to make something like this...

So, you have a white paper and an orange paper...you look on the reference photo of Mika, and start cutting out the things from the orange paper...then you glue all the little orange paper parts on the big white paper????

Or you have this orange paper on the white one, and you start to cut things out with a knife or something, so the white part will be seen?

I just dont understand how to make a paper cut...:mf_rosetinted:

I mostly draw, but I really like it, and I would like to try it too...that's why Im asking these questions...:bleh:

By the way, if anyone else knows how to make it....please tell me...:blush-anim-cl:

Oh I get what you mean now.

Firstly, I've got the orange paper (it's red actually ;)) and chose the photo.

Then I made a sketch on the red paper. The next step was drawing the "darken side", and since it is a paper-cut, I'd would like to link all parts together. That means if I was just holding a little concern of it, it won't fall apart. And it was the most difficult process I think.

After that, it came the easier and the finale part, cutting.

And what's the use of the white paper? Actually, it is just a media for us to "read" the leading role. I haven't glued on it. :wink2:

If I've said something unclear, I'd love to make a process (wtih pictures) to clear it up. :)

Oh I get what you mean now.

Firstly, I've got the orange paper (it's red actually ;)) and chose the photo.

Then I made a sketch on the red paper. The next step was drawing the "darken side", and since it is a paper-cut, I'd would like to link all parts together. That means if I was just holding a little concern of it, it won't fall apart. And it was the most difficult process I think.

After that, it came the easier and the finale part, cutting.

And what's the use of the white paper? Actually, it is just a media for us to "read" the leading role. I haven't glued on it. :wink2:

If I've said something unclear, I'd love to make a process (wtih pictures) to clear it up. :)

Oh I see!! Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

And you use a small knife or scissor?

Oh and if its not a big problem I would love to see the progress with pix!!! That must be amazing!:)

Oh I see!! Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

And you use a small knife or scissor?

Oh and if its not a big problem I would love to see the progress with pix!!! That must be amazing!:)

A cutter. :D

I'm going to upload those pics, wait a moment!

A cutter. :D

I'm going to upload those pics, wait a moment!

Wow GREAT!!! Thanks!!

And what is a cutter?:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

I think I will try and google it.. :bleh:

EDIT: Okay, I realized that I'm stupid..I know now what that cutter is.. :D Sorry..I'm having a slow-braid day...

This right?Cutter

Thank you!!!!

Wooooooooooowww this is amazing I will SURELY try it!!!!

THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!! :D

You're welcome. ^^

Please show us if it's done!

Btw, you're also a fan of My Chemical Romance?:mf_lustslow: