Possible Life In Cartoon Motion plagiarism?

Hey everyone. First of all, I've not made this threat to accuse anyone of plagiarism, but to give you a heads up and to see what could be done.

The following is a comparative image between the "Patito Feo" CD ("La Vida Es Una Fiesta" - 2008), which include the soundtracks of a popular Argentinean soap-opera made for teenagers and Mika's CD cover ("Life In Cartoon Motion" - 2007) (I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it but just so you can see several similarities between both CD covers).

patitofeoeh0.png

And another one... (look at the piano and the arrows!)

83214649mc7.png

I just think they're waaay too similar. :shocked:

Is there any way we can let Mika know about this?

Thanks

Agus

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. First of all, I've not made this threat to accuse anyone of plagiarism, but to give you a heads up and to see what could be done.

The following is a comparative image between the "Patito Feo" CD ("La Vida Es Una Fiesta" - 2008), which include the soundtracks of a popular Argentinean soap-opera made for teenagers and Mika's CD cover ("Life In Cartoon Motion" - 2007) (I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it but just so you can see several similarities between both CD covers).

patitofeoeh0.png

And another one... (look at the piano and the arrows!)

83214649mc7.png

I just think they're waaay too similar. :shocked:

Is there any way we can let Mika know about this?

Thanks

Agus

THEY EVEN HAVE THE BLACK CD'S!!!! AND THEY CLOUDS COLOURED IN WHITE, BLUE AND CARDBOARD IN THE BOTTOM LEFT!!!!!! Wth?!?!!?

Even the jagged lines!!! And the plain white clouds!!! The arrows!!! They're even yellow like on LiCM!!!

I know!! I was soooo angry when I saw it at first!! :furious:

I'm furious! It's a blatant rip off!! I hope Yasmine got all those extra bits copyrighted or SOMETHING. Good thing Mika reads this forum!

OMG!

Is this plagiarism? The drawings aren't copyrighted, are they?

They look a bit too similar:shocked:

when i saw the first pic (next to LiCM) I was like, yeah, the lines are similar...not angry though...scrolled down and saw the flowers and the circkles and i was like oh dear....and then I saw the last pic.....that was it for me!! Far too much similarity!!

I'm furious! It's a blatant rip off!! I hope Yasmine got all those extra bits copyrighted or SOMETHING. Good thing Mika reads this forum!

Doesn't mean he will see this though. I suppose you could contact his record company and see if they want to look into it?

Or ask the mods to pass it to Jerry for his perusal?

Doesn't mean he will see this though. I suppose you could contact his record company and see if they want to look into it?

Or ask the mods to pass it to Jerry for his perusal?

I think it's best if Fred e-mails Jerry or something. This OBVIOUS copying just isn't acceptable! (in my eyes anyway)....(and while fred's e-mailing jerry i suppose he could ask about....you know...while he's there....:naughty:)

OMG I'm very shocked right now !!!!!!!

how dare they do such a thing ?

I hope for them it's copyrighted, otherwise those people just can do it, and maybe we'll see more people who will rip it off in the future:shocked:

Before alerting Jerry or Mika's management , don't you think it would be wise to check what they say at the back of the DVD or sthg? Eventual credits to Jasmine, for example? I'm just saying...

oh my! my first impression was,so okay it was a little similar..but when i saw the 2nd one :shocked: oh my,this is OBVIOUSLY STEALING! can't people just get their own ideas instead of robbing from others? hmmphh..:thumbdown:

Before alerting Jerry or Mika's management , don't you think it would be wise to check what they say at the back of the DVD or sthg? Eventual credits to Jasmine, for example? I'm just saying...

I've only PM'd Freddie this thread. Hopefully he'll check the thread out before alerting those of higher authority. Wise head on your shoulders girl - I didn't think of that. I just saw the drawings and saw RED straight after!

Mmm, hold on. Let me see if I can find an image of the back of the CD :winksmiley02: