Possible Life In Cartoon Motion plagiarism?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOO! Don't do it! (I don't think she will anyway)

Her drawings are unique... if she sells them all the colourful circles and flowers and colours will be everyone's :(

Fair enough if Mika sells merchandise under his name, though. Like, if he sold stationary and stuff, but with the name MIKA attached to it, you know?

Ok, I haven't read all the posts, but I have to say I'm not surprised. The guy behind all this is a very big producer in Argentina that is known to "borrow" work from other people and makes millions out of this. I would be very happy if someone stopped him.

Ok, I haven't read all the posts, but I have to say I'm not surprised. The guy behind all this is a very big producer in Argentina that is known to "borrow" work from other people and makes millions out of this. I would be very happy if someone stopped him.

You're not the first to say that, so it should be stopped. This LiCM copy should be stopped, and he should be sued for all the other things he's stolen.

Hey everyone. First of all, I've not made this threat to accuse anyone of plagiarism, but to give you a heads up and to see what could be done.

The following is a comparative image between the "Patito Feo" CD ("La Vida Es Una Fiesta" - 2008), which include the soundtracks of a popular Argentinean soap-opera made for teenagers and Mika's CD cover ("Life In Cartoon Motion" - 2007) (I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it but just so you can see several similarities between both CD covers).

patitofeoeh0.png

And another one... (look at the piano and the arrows!)

83214649mc7.png

I just think they're waaay too similar. :shocked:

Is there any way we can let Mika know about this?

Thanks

Agus

wat the heck!?!?! that is like soooo similar to mikas cover!:shocked:

Hmm yeah the CDs are WAY too similar. If I was in the store and that caught my eye I'd think that Mika had some special CD out or something.

Now the only thing I remember learning about copyright and all that was that if you were looking at someone's work or was going to use it (unless if it's for your own personal use and won't sell it to make a profit off of it) you have to change it SO MUCH that the artist and no one else can't look at it and go, "hey that's (insert name here.)" Sorry I can't explain it more clearly because I was told this three years ago when people plagiarized work for my graphic design 1 class. Surprisingly enough when I was studying to be a designer they never taught us all things copyright what's acceptable and what's not etc.

Hopefully Yasmine either helped out or they got permission because if not... :thumbdown:

I'm so happy with this thread !!

I saw that a week ago and I was so angry !! :mad3::mad3:

I'll do what I can to investigate more about the cd. My friends love that show and I'm sure they have that cd. I'll try to take pictures if I can get it.

Hmm yeah the CDs are WAY too similar. If I was in the store and that caught my eye I'd think that Mika had some special CD out or something.

Now the only thing I remember learning about copyright and all that was that if you were looking at someone's work or was going to use it (unless if it's for your own personal use and won't sell it to make a profit off of it) you have to change it SO MUCH that the artist and no one else can't look at it and go, "hey that's (insert name here.)" Sorry I can't explain it more clearly because I was told this three years ago when people plagiarized work for my graphic design 1 class. Surprisingly enough when I was studying to be a designer they never taught us all things copyright what's acceptable and what's not etc.

Hopefully Yasmine either helped out or they got permission because if not... :thumbdown:

I really doubt Yasmine is aware of this... Hopefully someone'll let her know and give this so-called producer what he really deserves!

Hmmmph, this is so unfair!

That is very very dodgy if you ask me....Not that anyone would but anyway....:mf_rosetinted:

People are on it though - contacted Fred to Jerry to Mika etc....it should be OK!! I am sure Mika will find out and have something to say about it whether it be good or bad! Even though its awful copying Mika it brings a bit of excitement in the MFC life though doesn´t it!???

LOL, I guess. I hope Mika/Yasmine this and does something about it.

Has anyone sent this to Mika yet or should I?

Some people contacted Mika already, etc. Thanks though!

hiii

I`ve read all this thread..

i live in argentina and Patito Feo is a really famous programme so i think mika or his management should talk to someone and take legal actions

i`m almost sure that Yasmine`s draws have copyrights! i`m very angry for this!!!!!!

to copied! to muchh! the circles, the arrows, the lines.. allll!!!!

Caz! thanks for sending a PM to Freddie! i hope he would let mika know about this!

The guy behind all this is a very big producer in Argentina that is known to "borrow" work from other people and makes millions out of this. I would be very happy if someone stopped him.

Maybe this should also be pointed out in the e-mail whenever FD is able to contact Jerry, just so we have some more evidence to back this up. What other things has he plagiarized?

Maybe this should also be pointed out in the e-mail whenever FD is able to contact Jerry, just so we have some more evidence to back this up. What other things has he plagiarized?

I can't remember right now, but he's famous for this and people have noticed it, I think it won't be difficult to find more evidence. The thing is, he mostly copies from foreign work, so he hasn't gotten into trouble yet, but he sells his products all over latinamerica.

good idea Finkster. Come on you Argentineans, Mika will LOVE YOU EVEN MORE FOR HELPING HIM STOP THIS FRAUDSTER! :naughty:

I've PM'd Freddie, I've MySpace messaged Mika and that's about all I can do. I doubt Mika will reply to me, but he said in his blog that he's been checking his messages and he's got time off now, so hopefully he (or someone in his management) will at least read it.

I can't remember right now, but he's famous for this and people have noticed it, I think it won't be difficult to find more evidence. The thing is, he mostly copies from foreign work, so he hasn't gotten into trouble yet, but he sells his products all over latinamerica.

in the hope that people from where he lives won't notice?

PFFFT, does he not realise that Mika is practically a worldwide phenomenon? As if it WASN'T going to be noticed! What an idiot!

whatever mate - you've brought it upon yourself! Bring on the battle I say! :poke::naughty:

Hey everyone. First of all, I've not made this threat to accuse anyone of plagiarism, but to give you a heads up and to see what could be done.

The following is a comparative image between the "Patito Feo" CD ("La Vida Es Una Fiesta" - 2008), which include the soundtracks of a popular Argentinean soap-opera made for teenagers and Mika's CD cover ("Life In Cartoon Motion" - 2007) (I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it but just so you can see several similarities between both CD covers).

patitofeoeh0.png

And another one... (look at the piano and the arrows!)

83214649mc7.png

I just think they're waaay too similar. :shocked:

Is there any way we can let Mika know about this?

Thanks

Agus

:shocked: I'm totally shocked! It's too similair!

I'm having MFC Deja Vu... has this been posted here before?

Anyway, just look at the arrows, too. COME ON!

ummmm.. i don`t think so!

this programme even is quite old.. the cd is new and is mostly know in argentina