"Lollipop" Lyrics

keti

I've been thinking about Mika's song "Lollipop" and its lyrics...I think they're actually pretty dark,but the 'happy' tune 'covers' it.

I know that Mika said that "Lollipop" is devoted to his little sister,to keep her away from older boys till she's still very young,because they might heart her...

What's you interpretation of "Lollipop" lyrics?

Edit: I checked this forum and I think there doen't exists another thread about this!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about Mika's song "Lollipop" and its lyrics...I think they're actually pretty dark,but the 'happy' tune 'covers' it.

I know that Mika said that "Lollipop" is devoted to his little sister,to keep her away from older boys till she's still very young,because they might heart her...

What's you interpretation of "Lollipop" lyrics?

Edit: I checked this forum and I think there doen't exists another thread about this!

yeah you're right and mika also said in another interwiev that he likes the combination of dark lyrics with cheerfull sounds.

grace kelly and relax are other examples i think:naughty:

i think, lollipopp is made very good (mika's a genius:)),because when you listen to it to the first time, you find it amazing because of the melody and because it's so cheerful...and you only hear the word "lollipopp". and then, when you listen to the lirics, it gets even more simpatic to you.:)

d'you know what i mean?:P

yeah you're right and mika also said in another interwiev that he likes the combination of dark lyrics with cheerfull sounds.

grace kelly and relax are other examples i think:naughty:

Yeah...oh and on LICM dvd he said that the Lollipop lyrics are actually pretty dirty,but he acomplished to make the lyrics dirty without being dirty,to doesn't sound dirty...if you get what I mean :bleh:

i think, lollipopp is made very good (mika's a genius:)),because when you listen to it to the first time, you find it amazing because of the melody and because it's so cheerful...and you only hear the word "lollipopp". and then, when you listen to the lirics, it gets even more simpatic to you.:)

d'you know what i mean?:P

You know,at first I hated Lollipop,I really hated it,it was the worst track on LICM to me...but once I listened to it till the end and found it amazing...I didn't want to listen to it because it was sort of retarded to me and it annoyed me very much...but now it's one of my favourite songs from LICM! I listen to it all the time...and I like lyrics a lot,I think that Mika's lyrics are completely amazing and the work of the pure genius...they're not only the lyrics,they have a little bit of poetry to me.

Yeah...oh and on LICM dvd he said that the Lollipop lyrics are actually pretty dirty,but he acomplished to make the lyrics dirty without being dirty,to doesn't sound dirty...if you get what I mean :bleh:

:blink:

as far as i remember

he said it sounds dirty without being dirty...

anyway i got your point.:thumb_yello:

these songs are uniqe because of this "contrast of the dark lyrics and happy sounding background"*

*(another quote from mika):naughty:

You know,at first I hated Lollipop,I really hated it,it was the worst track on LICM to me...but once I listened to it till the end and found it amazing...I didn't want to listen to it because it was sort of retarded to me and it annoyed me very much...but now it's one of my favourite songs from LICM! I listen to it all the time...and I like lyrics a lot,I think that Mika's lyrics are completely amazing and the work of the pure genius...they're not only the lyrics,they have a little bit of poetry to me.

that's funny. i liked lollipop from beginning, even especially the beginning (hey, what's the big idea...).

i also thought about that, in fact it's a very simple song...but what he made our of that, is just great!

and for the rest, this song cheers you up very much:)

:boxed: can you read ppl's mind?

because you just read mine:naughty:

that's funny. i liked lollipop from beginning, even especially the beginning (hey, what's the big idea...).

i also thought about that, in fact it's a very simple song...but what he made our of that, is just great!

and for the rest, this song cheers you up very much:)

i thought it was simple too.

but ....god it's catchy:naughty:

it never gets old

i listen it in the mornings before i go to work. and it keeps playing in my head aaaaaaall day long:roftl:

*can't stop that sooong*:insane:

:boxed: can you read ppl's mind?

because you just read mine:naughty:

but ....god it's catchy:naughty:

it never gets old

i listen it in the mornings before i go to work. and it keeps playing in my head aaaaaaall day long:roftl:

*can't stop that sooong*:insane:

That's the word!!

haha, do you think mika didn't think about it as much as we do? well maybe he did it more...instinctive :)

I think don't think lollipop has a different meaning except maybe that lollipop refers to her innocence and that he wants her to keep her innocence, especially since he says in multiple interviews that the lollipop girl lives in the forest and that all the monkeys <<boys>> try to steal her lollipop <<innocence>>

and i have been wondering about the words in one section of the song...mama told me what i shoudl know too much candy gonna ROT your soul" i have always thought it was rot but in the music video it says RIDE instead and so do several lyric sites...but i still swear that he says rot

I think don't think lollipop has a different meaning except maybe that lollipop refers to her innocence and that he wants her to keep her innocence, especially since he says in multiple interviews that the lollipop girl lives in the forest and that all the monkeys <<boys>> try to steal her lollipop <<innocence>>

and i have been wondering about the words in one section of the song...mama told me what i shoudl know too much candy gonna ROT your soul" i have always thought it was rot but in the music video it says RIDE instead and so do several lyric sites...but i still swear that he says rot

He says ROT, you're right about that:thumb_yello:

btw i'm sure mika hadnt think about it as much as we do now when he wrote this song

i guess we seriously need a new album:

Haha it looks like :naughty:

can you read ppl's mind?

because you just read mine

but ....god it's catchy

it never gets old

i listen it in the mornings before i go to work. and it keeps playing in my head aaaaaaall day long

*can't stop that sooong*

I always listen to it on my mp3 on my way to school,it totaly cheers me up :bleh: and I sing it whenever I have a shower....:naughty:my parents are seriously going slightly mad...:naughty:

Yes,I remember when he said that!

:blink:I also think he says "rot"...in the LICM booklet or whatever it's called :naughty: also writes "rot"... and I always sing "rot".

Ummm...maybe we should ask for help on the "Misheard Lyrics" thread??:naughty:

:blink:I also think he says "rot"...in the LICM booklet or whatever it's called :naughty: also writes "rot"... and I always sing "rot".

Ummm...maybe we should ask for help on the "Misheard Lyrics" thread??:naughty:

:roftl:

it's ok hun, you can keep singing "rot",it's not a crime:naughty:

i always make up new lyrics when i'm singing

if it was a crime, i could get 20 years to life:bleh:

:roftl:

it's ok hun, you can keep singing "rot",it's not a crime:naughty:

i always make up new lyrics when i'm singing

if it was a crime, i could get 20 years to life:bleh:

Of course I'm singing "rot" because he says "rot" :wink2: and I know that's not crime,don't worry for me:roftl:

i guess we seriously need a new album:naughty:

I've been loving Lollipop since the very first time I heard it coz it's so joyful!

I've listened to every single Lollipop I have.... let's say 10 versions......:blink: and I always hear "ride"............. Dani56 does too ....... lol....... think we need a new album, too! :naughty:

it IS rot, im sure it says so in the booklet, but it may have been changed in the video to try and keep it "innocent"...which is kinda contradictory LOL

I believe that with a lot of Mika's songs there is this darker kind of side to them. Yes he also covers it with the nice happy music. But thats life really. We all have this dark side that in the end we try so hard to cover with something thats happy and joyful. Mika just brings that out in his music.

That's a very true comment my friend, very true.

I believe that with a lot of Mika's songs there is this darker kind of side to them. Yes he also covers it with the nice happy music. But thats life really. We all have this dark side that in the end we try so hard to cover with something thats happy and joyful. Mika just brings that out in his music.
In fact Lollipop sounds joyful, but is pretty dark actually, as he states himself