"Lollipop" Lyrics

keti

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

over my shoulder is such a beautiful song!

few days ago i listened to it, and just sang along with mika...and i had to close my eyes and just stop everything i was doing, because i had this...feeling, don't know, it was so weird, but it was so beautiful...so clean...i've never had this one with another song

Giu, you describe the effects of Over My Shoulder so well.

I love its purity too, and contemplative pace, soaring above the edge,

inhabiting alienation

like a vantage point,

a route to transcendence.

The song most likely to make me cry is Any Other World,

galvanising tears.

Yes,"Any Other World" is very sad song indeed.

"Happy Ending" is the one which makes me depressive too.

i think, lollipopp is made very good (mika's a genius:)),because when you listen to it to the first time, you find it amazing because of the melody and because it's so cheerful...and you only hear the word "lollipopp". and then, when you listen to the lirics, it gets even more simpatic to you.:)

d'you know what i mean?:P

This is why Mika is the greatest songwriter there has ever been. His tunes are so catchy, then you listen to the lyrics... and there's this whole other thing going on. One day, I'd love for Mika to write a musical! I think he'd be amazing at writing musicals. Even better than Andrew Lloyd Webber!

Yes,"Any Other World" is very sad song indeed.

"Happy Ending" is the one which makes me depressive too.

I agree... I think stuck in the middle is quite hard to take in too... It reflects over my own situation, beeing stuck in a family that doesn't always fit...

I agree... I think stuck in the middle is quite hard to take in too... It reflects over my own situation, beeing stuck in a family that doesn't always fit...

Yes I agree.

I think that it has several meanings,you can interpretate it on a few different ways. Actually,every Mika's song can be interpretated on a few ways,that's what I think...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that!:(

The song most likely to make me cry is Any Other World,

galvanising tears.

:tears:This one makes me wanna cry too, it's such a beautiful song! When I watched the DVD, I really cried when he interprets it. Trust me, this is something for me... I never cry for stuff like that usually, but 'Any Other World', I just couldn't help it! Mika's a genius, you're right...

:tears:This one makes me wanna cry too, it's such a beautiful song! When I watched the DVD, I really cried when he interprets it. Trust me, this is something for me... I never cry for stuff like that usually, but 'Any Other World', I just couldn't help it! Mika's a genius, you're right...

"Any Other World" was the first song I really liked when I bought LICM (besides GK,Relax,BG,LT ...,which I have already heard on TV) and the first time I heard it I cried....

Yes I agree.

I think that it has several meanings,you can interpretate it on a few different ways. Actually,every Mika's song can be interpretated on a few ways,that's what I think...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that!:(

Yes. They are universal in one kind of way. Oh I made that family thing a bit too dramatiq, I love them all :wub2:, but sometimes you would like to feel more free I guess..

Yes. They are universal in one kind of way. Oh I made that family thing a bit too dramatiq, I love them all :wub2:, but sometimes you would like to feel more free I guess..

Yes,I know,I would like to feel more free too...but I'm a teenage girl,I suppose it's normal for my family to act like that.:wink2:

i've also cried because of mika songs.

also tears of happiness...

I agree...I think Mika's songs can make you both happy and sad...

You know,sometimes I'm soooo happy when I listen to his songs,no matter which one,because I know I'm not the only lonely one who has been through some stuff and that I'm not the only one who feels like crap :thumbdown: but sometimes I cry because the fact that I know that Mika has been through all those horrible things simply hurts me... I also cry because I know how it feels, and I know what's the pain.

I'm possibly talking rubbish now,aren't I?:bleh:

The sexual inuendos (sp?) make me giggle so much. Sounds like a playground tune but yet it is so dirty:naughty:

Yeah,I got your point...yes,it's totally true! :naughty:Mika talked about that on LICM DVD,I think...

what is inuendos? haha ^^

Well,I don't really know how to explain...ummm,do you have LICM DVD? Well,if you have it,in the part where Mika talks about "Lollipop" Lyrics he mentions innuendo...I think you will understand the point,I mean I did.:wink2:

• 6 months later...
a friend of mine was singing lollipop and he goes

"sucking too hard on your lollipop, now all the love is gone,"

and i was like :blink::lmao: okaaaaay..

:roftl: :roftl:

was it a joke? or did he really didn't know the text? I guess he mixed two songs :naughty:

• 1 month later...