tauruslady

I'm not overly surprised that Sam doesn't like Mika's music, it is fairly different. And I really don't know anything about Sam's personality...but I do like his music.

I'm gonna see him in December, in a fairly small lil venue!! though I'm still looking for someone to go with because my sister is too young...it's over 18s:thumbdown:

Anyone else gonna see him in Dublin?

When is it?????????? :mf_lustslow: I'm gonna be in Dublin from the 18-21 dec. Pleaseeeeeeee tell me it's around those dates??

@ Ingie: I know what you are saying, and I agree to a certain degree.

I mean I do think that it's bad form to be support for someone and trash them...IT's just that I don't think that Sparro has exactly trashed Mika, you know?

Also, I'd like to hear if Mika likes Sparro's music, because I fear that the answer is "no", and Mika has never been one to mince his words when it came to expressing his feelings for other singers, hehe

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care for Sam Sparro at all, musically, but I can see why he would open for Mika even if Mika's music is not his cup of tea.

It's just business IMO. I mean opening for Mika had the potential to introduce a whole new audience to Sam's music - who in their right minds would pass a chance like that up?

Mika plays with his 'band', but I wonder what their personal taste in music is?

I'd suspect not necessarily Mika.....

As mentioned earlier, who does this sound like?

moved to Los Angeles with his family when he was 10. At first he had a hard time adjusting, but credits the initial loneliness as being the spur to creativity. "Kids are cliquey at that age. In Australia, I was quite popular and active, but when I moved to the States, I was isolated and spent a lot of time in my room."

Edited by babspanky

I really don't care for Sam Sparro at all, musically, but I can see why he would open for Mika even if Mika's music is not his cup of tea.

It's just business IMO. I mean opening for Mika had the potential to introduce a whole new audience to Sam's music - who in their right minds would pass a chance like that up?

Mika plays with his 'band', but I wonder what their personal taste in music is?

I'd suspect not necessarily Mika.....

moved to Los Angeles with his family when he was 10. At first he had a hard time adjusting, but credits the initial loneliness as being the spur to creativity. "Kids are cliquey at that age. In Australia, I was quite popular and active, but when I moved to the States, I was isolated and spent a lot of time in my room."

They are potential BFF's or soulmates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::roftl:

I also still like his music, but I guess as a person he's an a-hole. Why do all those "We're so amazing!" artists who play as Mika's support act bash him? Say, a Sam Sparro and a Patrick Wolf. Are they just jealous that Mika is the big star without the star-allures towards his fans and they are just pretenders?

Aren't people allowed to not like each other and/or each other's music any more and say it without being called jealous or an a-hole? There's a difference between Sam Sparro saying that Mika's music isn't his cup of tea and Patrick Wolf saying that Mika is a twat but both statements are well within their rights. Not everyone likes each other and some people choose to keep quiet about it and others choose to say it and it doesn't have to mean they're jealous. Being a support act means exposing a wider audience to one's music, it's business not loyalty. :blink:

Edited by SuperTwat

Hey, just a reminder to everyone - I have Sam's "Euphoric/Miss Rexi" song, it's not on the album, not anywhere else, found it by accident actually :naughty: .. tauruslady and vamessa have it, I'd be glad to send it to anyone who wants it, through email, msn whatever.

I'd put it somewhere public, I'm just worried it may have been leaked.

kudos!

Aren't people allowed to not like each other and/or each other's music any more and say it without being called jealous or an a-hole? There's a difference between Sam Sparro saying that Mika's music isn't his cup of tea and Patrick Wolf saying that Mika is a twat but both statements are well within their rights. Not everyone likes each other and some people choose to keep quiet about it and others choose to say it and it doesn't have to mean they're jealous. Being a support act means exposing a wider audience to one's music, it's business not loyalty. :blink:

That's true.

But it's made me wonder one thing... We all know the 'last year I was playing for 20 people in Brimingham"story but has Mika ever supported another artist earlier in his career? It's quite strange if he didn't, most people have to go through that stage...

That's true.

But it's made me wonder one thing... We all know the 'last year I was playing for 20 people in Brimingham"story but has Mika ever supported another artist earlier in his career? It's quite strange if he didn't, most people have to go through that stage...

That's a good point actually. By the time I heard of him he was headlining his own shows. Does anyone know if he was a support act (and if so for whom)?

That's a good point actually. By the time I heard of him he was headlining his own shows. Does anyone know if he was a support act (and if so for whom)?

As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't:blink: Apparently he was too big for Take that, but I don't blame him:naughty:

http://news.q4music.com/2007/02/mika_too_big_for_take_that_tou.html

You shouldn't be surprised lol. Sparro is so full of himself that he probably disregards most other artists :naughty:

I still do like his music , tho, but not the person.

Yus. Same here!

Agree and agree!!

I personally found an excuse to say i dislike him as a person. The thing he said about Mika wasn´t a big deal, but i only wanted to "diss" him a bit :naughty:

Hmmm...:naughty:

There's actually a lot of artists who have the same kind of lifestory: Moving, bullying, find the light in music, nobody believe in them, they become succesful.

He supported The Feeling didn't he? :boxed:

Who, Mika? Wasn't it the other way around?:blink:

I think he never supported anyone..never heard anything about that either..

They are potential BFF's or soulmates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::roftl:

Yes that' exactly what I said and that's the reason I've always thought they would make good boyfriends but now that I know Sam doesn't like Mika's music my dream for Mika felt apart:crybaby:.

Now I think I would make Mika a better boy.... ehm girlfriend:roftl:

Yes that' exactly what I said and that's the reason I've always thought they would make good boyfriends but now that I know Sam doesn't like Mika's music my dream for Mika felt apart:crybaby:.

Now I think I would make Mika a better boy.... ehm girlfriend:roftl:

Ok, I was joking when I said that :naughty: , but in any case, I think that the relationship may be more cordial than we think.

After all, he hasn't said that Mika is a twat like PW did, he hasn't said anything personal, and also Sam seems to get on just fine with Katy Perry, who is also friends with Mika, so hey....

All happy chappies I guess.

Sam was there at Katy's first London gig and went into the little "after" party thingie, so they are close enough I would say.

When is it?????????? :mf_lustslow: I'm gonna be in Dublin from the 18-21 dec. Pleaseeeeeeee tell me it's around those dates??

@ Ingie: I know what you are saying, and I agree to a certain degree.

I mean I do think that it's bad form to be support for someone and trash them...IT's just that I don't think that Sparro has exactly trashed Mika, you know?

Also, I'd like to hear if Mika likes Sparro's music, because I fear that the answer is "no", and Mika has never been one to mince his words when it came to expressing his feelings for other singers, hehe

It's on the 10th December:wink2:

And it's €26, not too bad considering the size of the venue etc.

I'm not sure if it's sold out yet...

I've found an interesting Sam quote, even better than the previous one...

What’s the worst thing someone has ever said about your music?

That it reminded them of Mika.

:naughty:

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2889&Itemid=9

ouch...:naughty:

he seems really bitchy towards Mika's music, it's kinda funny though.

Ah read on people, he kinda likes our boy I guess:naughty:

Not a fan of Mika?

Not his music.

Man he's bitchin' :naughty:

That’s going to upset Duffy.

Sorry Duffy! Can I ask you a question?

Yes.

Do you think Duffy looks like Miss Penelope from Thunderbirds?

Duffy wishes she looked like Miss Penelope from Thunderbirds.

Because her head is so big!

Do you keep a list in your special notebook? ‘Sam Sparro’s Secret List Of Popstars With Big Heads’?

I just noticed it the other day! Maybe it’s just her big hair but I saw her the other day and I thought, ‘my, that is a noggin’.

Perhaps the big hair is to draw attention away from the big head.

Yes, like shaving your pubes so people think you’ve got a big d**k.

Edited by IngievV

Ah read on people, he kinda likes our boy I guess:naughty:

Not a fan of Mika?

Not his music.

Man he's bitchin' :naughty:

That’s going to upset Duffy.

Sorry Duffy! Can I ask you a question?

Yes.

Do you think Duffy looks like Miss Penelope from Thunderbirds?

Duffy wishes she looked like Miss Penelope from Thunderbirds.

Because her head is so big!

Do you keep a list in your special notebook? ‘Sam Sparro’s Secret List Of Popstars With Big Heads’?

I just noticed it the other day! Maybe it’s just her big hair but I saw her the other day and I thought, ‘my, that is a noggin’.

Perhaps the big hair is to draw attention away from the big head.

Yes, like shaving your pubes so people think you’ve got a big d**k.

LMAO! I wanted to copy the exact same parts:roftl:

Poor Duffy:naughty:

Yeah the rest of the interview is just as lovely :wink2:

Add to that what he said about Madonna and a few more artists, and you can reasonably wonder if he has any friends left in the music industry :naughty:

I actually agree with what he said about Madonna, I think that she's pathetic now :roftl::roftl:

But now seriously, I am getting the impression (and I don't mean this in a bitchy way) that he's not actually nasty, just a bit stupid.... as in not very intelligent......

I actually agree with what he said about Madonna, I think that she's pathetic now :roftl::roftl:

But now seriously, I am getting the impression (and I don't mean this in a bitchy way) that he's not actually nasty, just a bit stupid.... as in not very intelligent......

Maybe he's both nasty and stupid:naughty: