Forum Update/Message from Mika

dcdeb

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lmfao: :lmfao:

I love how it says "Mika Fan Club" yet we have two pictures of animals, and no sign of Mika :roftl:

I have an idea....

have sort of an interactive script where when we logged onto the chat thingy, the squirrels took over with:

http://mscustomcalls.com/mp3/Squirrel-Pogs-Rodents/spr-Squirrel%20Barking.mp3

or http://mscustomcalls.com/mp3/Squirrel-Pogs-Rodents/spr-Squirrel%20Chatter.mp3

[I don't think that I class the MFC as a fansite or even as an online forum. To me it's way past that stage. It's like a little "family"...My life has been enriched by people I have met here, and obviously also by Mika's music and presence, so I now see MFC as an integral part of "life as I know it".

Aww, Sariflor! :huglove:

I think a lot of us feel that way - this place is so much more than a series of 1's and 0's running on some server.

And Mika is a truly amazing person for stepping in and getting things moving in the right direction. Things aren't perfect yet, not by any stretch, but we made a ton of forward progress in the last 24 hours. It's encouraging to know that he's aware of some of the battles we've faced, and is taking an active role in MFC.

Let's hope it's a sign of better things to come. :wub2:

Yey it's baaack :insane:

And that was uber sweet of him to write us that long message.

and he spelt everything right, too :mf_rosetinted:

(mind you, he did say he could only read the MFC, cos he's special that way :newyear:)

I think a lot of us feel that way - this place is so much more than a series of 1's and 0's running on some server.

And Mika is a truly amazing person for stepping in and getting things moving in the right direction. Things aren't perfect yet, not by any stretch, but we made a ton of forward progress in the last 24 hours. It's encouraging to know that he's aware of some of the battles we've faced, and is taking an active role in MFC.

Let's hope it's a sign of better things to come. :wub2:

gosh, it just doesn't feel real! Mika, the popstar, the talented soprano and songwriter who's won so many awards, who I've seen in concert, who many of you have met and kindly signed autographs and took photos, the man whose album and singles i own..........is taking an active role in his own fanclub? our internet home? He cares that much? It just sound nuts! (it's the squirrels again, I tell ye!)

gosh, it just doesn't feel real! Mika, the popstar, the talented soprano and songwriter who's won so many awards, who I've seen in concert, who many of you have met and kindly signed autographs and took photos, the man whose album and singles i own..........is taking an active role in his own fanclub? our internet home? He cares that much? It just sound nuts! (it's the squirrels again, I tell ye!)

he is wonderful..I tell you..something is going on...

the funny thing is all the people I talk locally are all liking MIKA now and they notice something too.

something is going on (in a good way)

he is wonderful..I tell you..something is going on...

the funny thing is all the people I talk locally are all liking MIKA now and they notice something too.

something is going on (in a good way)

i dont understand, what do you mean the people have noticed something? what's going on? :blink:

i dont understand, what do you mean the people have noticed something? what's going on? :blink:

I mean my friends are picking up on his talent and his grace !

sorry for confusing you..its just me...excited I guess!

I mean my friends are picking up on his talent and his grace !

sorry for confusing you..its just me...excited I guess!

Ohhhh lol.. :sweatdrop:

They're a bit late, aren't they?!?! :naughty:

Ohhhh lol.. :sweatdrop:

They're a bit late, aren't they?!?! :naughty:

hey! its fun! :) planning to have a big MIKAish party on Friday night with my friend and I! she fell in love with his stuff immediately!

and one my best friends now loves MIKA! its rubbing off on all of my friends, even cooworkers are getting into it! even my assistant had a dream that our manager danced on the stage with MIKA in a white lab coat! she's even dreaming the concerts that I went to! i have yet to dream a mika concert and she was dreaming and she has never been to one!

Hiya guys & gals !!!! Firstly, I want to thank , with GREAT EXUBERANCE our Admin/Mod team for hanging in here throughout several days & nights ... helping to keep the MFC chat going (thru' ridiculous road blocks :sneaky2:) .... we have been chatting on msn etc. thru' this time ... discussing, crying , laughing & on occasion swearing a bit :blush-anim-cl: .... COS' WE LOVE IT HERE ... & CARE about keeping this place going ..... STANDARD TOASTER, (I know I've told you before) .... YOU ARE AWESOME .... MANA, what a woman !!!

Deb, Christine, Queenie, Niki, FD .... what a night/day we had last night/morn. (my time) .... & me having to sleep thru' Sunday , 'twas the greatest news to wake up to ..... :wub2:

Of course, last but not least .... Mika .... thanks for finally hearing us & recognising our commitment to you .... we are WITH you babe .... :wink2::huglove: !!!!!!!!

Next time I can't get hold of a plumber to fix my dish washer I'll call Mika.

I think it was actually nice to jump in and leave that message. Makes me feel like we're not talking mirage in here. Thank you, Mika!

I think it was actually nice to jump in and leave that message. Makes me feel like we're not talking mirage in here. Thank you, Mika!

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Need something done immediately?

Call MIKA! you won't regret it!:roftl:

LOL, greatly put! :thumb_yello:

CHRISTINE:

For creating that amazing chat! It's MUCH better than gabbly! I mean, it had:

a) different rooms

b) Mika songs

c) Mika's laugh

d) The MFC feel

It was just BRILLIANT. Seriously. I think maybe we should implement it into the MFC somehow, so that we have an official chatroom as well as an official forum.

I totally agree, Caz!! Maybe the "new" or upgraded MFC can have that? It was so nice!

you know...anyother popstar would have given seven shades about their fan site being down...but looks like MIKA really cares....we love him for that!!!!!

Yes, that is the thing, and one of the reasons why Mika is so unique as an artist. Because he hasn't lost his "normality" (I mean that in a good way) and he is still grounded and level headed, and accessible.

I just can't look at him and see a popstar, no matter how great his achievements like that are, cause I can only see a really nice, sweet guy.

Which is, IMO, a thousand times better.

To me, "popstars" as such are nothing special or to be proud of. Artists who have a soul, and a human side, like Mika, are.

And that is part of the reason why I love him.

And Mika, you're a true diamond! :wub2:

Ditto.

And a BIG thank you to Mika, for stepping in and getting us back up.

It's fantastic that he is keen to be proactive, without compromising what we do here, what he said in this email is pretty much what he told Sara and myself the other night, he really is keen for us to carry on with this with as little interference from his side as possible, as like he said, it's our own little community.

It's a shame that he had to be brought in to rectify this problem,(funny how in 30 hours no one could sort it out, we contact Mika, and it's sorted!) even though he was happy to do it, he shouldn't have had to, that's what he has his own admin team for.

This is why I have so much respect and admiration for him, he can be hands on without getting in the way of what we do.

Thank you big guy, you are a star;-)

:wub2::wub2:

That night...

And that was uber sweet of him to write us that long message.

Let's hope it's a sign of better things to come.

Kudos to StandardToaster and all the other people involved for their hard work to get our rehabcentre back online!:punk:

And thank you to Mika for the message, I have confidence in the world again now:naughty: