The Aussie Mikamites 1 year Mikaversary!

nico_collard

Wow... I can't believe it's been a year since Mika came here and I got to meet some of you guys!

Awww... *group hug*

I had the most awesomest time with you guys, hopefully we'll be able to experience the group concert thing again with the Dream Tour...

Some highlights from the night...

Getting backstage to see Mika after seeing him outside (thanks Jerry!)

Getting interviewed by MTV

Painting the M

Wanting to steal the M and hooking it up to the little car

The Pic!!!

Thinking Mika was inside only to find out that he was on his way!

Lollipop boys

Getting hit in the nose with a lollipop

Diet coke and gummi pizzas (please)

Two words - SWEET DREAMS!!!

Seeing Mika's reaction to the farmyard necklace ("Jesus, I'm wearing a farm!!!")

Mouselle's cool bag

" Where do I sign?"

And here's some pics...

Yours truly with Mika...

100_1119.jpg

Mika and DC!

100_1116.jpg

Mika and Jolene

100_1127.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics...

Mika and soangel:

100_1112.jpg

Pamram and Bernard...

Jetstar....

100_1162.jpg

No... I'm nopt taking a pic of his butt!

100_1122.jpg

Mika looking angelic...

100_1230.jpg

Cherisse...

Cherisse.jpg

This needs no introduction... you should all know this!

Chinga.jpg

Mika and Guitar God (aka Martin!)

MartinandMika.jpg

Teddy Bear's picnic:

Sleepytime.jpg

Lollipop:

Readyfortheconfetti.jpg

See? Soangel isn't an axe murderer!

Tiredandhappy.jpg

Diet coke and a gummi pizza (please!)

Dietcokaandapizzaplease.jpg

Happy Mikaversary Jols, RBSKY, Bec, HK, DC, PamRam and Mouselle!

Awww, I've never seen those pics before! It looks like it was a blast. :cheerful_h4h:

It was an amazing night!!!

This time last year, we were sitting in line, making trips to see if Mika was coming... and we may have painted the M by now...

At around 5:30-5:45, Mika came... *sigh* I had to remind mtself to breathe...

Gotta feel the nostalgia with me... we were going to go back to The Forum but we couldn't make it :tears:...

It's a bit far for me to be going back to Syd... 51/2 hours to Orange, then another 3 1/2 to Sydney...

Heya... happy mikaversary all.... a night and weekend I will never forget..

I would post pics... but teegs is very efficent in that regard :naughty:

So.... did anyone go to subway today to get mika cookies *hasn't yet*

Wow, a year already. Time flies!

You Aussies all look lovely. I love seeing the looks of total bliss on people's faces at Mika shows. :wub2:

And can I say that Mika looks particularly good in these pics? I think Australia suits him.

Some of the greatest interviews came out of his short time Down Under, too - Chubby Bunny, anyone?

Mika - you make sure to get your arse to Australia for the next album!

Wow!! One year today! I hadn't even heard of him yet one year ago!!

Thanks for posting all the pics Teegs, some I'd seen before, but an awful lot I hadn't. Let's just hope it doesn't take another year to get him back here again!

No... I'm nopt taking a pic of his butt!

100_1122.jpg

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yes you were... :roftl:

Mika!! Pull your pants up and get yer ASS back here!

Happy Mikaversary Guys.. I wish I could've been there witchu :punk:

Greetings fellow Mikamites!

ONE YEAR! It feels like yesterday, but at the same time feels so long ago!

I remember I couldn't make up my mind what time to get to the venue cos I had an experience a month beforehand where I arrived to line up for a concert in the morning and there were already a heap of people who had slept out the night before. I knew that wouldn't be the case for Mika but I thought I'd play it safe.

I arrived to the venue at 8.30am hoping no one would be there, and I got my wish! I was alone up until 3pm-ish when Casey got there. I beleive Liz, Teegs, Bec also arrived around then. Oh yeah and Mouselle also arrived before that I saw her walk past me when I was on the phone to my friend complaining how I couldn't go to the toilet incase other people arrived (not realising there were toilets just around the corner). That alone was an experience in itself, ofcourse I'd never go that early again. But at least it's something that can go on my resume.. :P

I cannot thank Bec enough for giving me a call when Mika was about to arrive. She had gotten my number just incase something like that happened, which I didn't think WOULD actually happen.

It was really nice to meeting yous there (and having various events throughout the year) and before that I was too scared of MFC cos it was so big and alot was going on so I stuck to the MikaSounds forum. But yous told me to go the Aussie thread and so I did! Also special mention to Mouselle for the flashing heart and Liz for the MFC badge!

Oh and EXTRA special mention to Liz, again, for framing me by asking me to take a picture of Mika's phone charms with her camera in his back pocket. :P

That was the best concert experience EVER for me. Met awesome people, met the artist before the show and got photos and cd cover signed and tshirt signed, was front row (and loving the fact we were right up to the stage with no barricade) for the most enjoyable concert I've ever been to and also getting the setlist after the show was done.

Unfortunately I had no idea about the whole backstage thing so I left after the show was over. But I can't complain it was a freakin' awesome day!

By the way, what happened to PamRam? HELLO PAMRAM.. wherever you are! She seemed to disppear towards the end of last year.

A WHOLE YEAR.. wow!

So from me to Rainbow Sky, Soangel, nico_collard, Happikali, Mouselle, Jolene and the ever-elusive PamRam.. HAPPY MIKAVERSARY!

I wish I could've been there. It seemed like such an interesting gig....and what I wouldn't give to see that version of Sweet Dreams...live! :stretcher:

I also would've loved to meet all of the Aussies :wub2:

Yesterday I momentarily resurrected last year's thread from the calendar for June 1st and put in new links for all the vids (seeing as Sunrise etc moved all theirs) Go to the calendar link above, June 2007 if you want to reminisce.:wub2:

I have happy memories of the stories of the Aussie Mikamites adventures. It is pretty funny re-reading the reports from the original threads. Jolene's reports were particularly special for me:naughty:

And Happikali knows I will always owe her big time for the special mentions.:thumb_yello:

I'm all nostalgic now...even though I wasn't there, how weird is that?

Meee tooo! :wub2: This is awesome guys :biggrin2:

You Aussies all look lovely. I love seeing the looks of total bliss on people's faces at Mika shows.

So do I :lmfao:

sweetdreamsbig.gif

*edits out your silly uk-link*

:wub2::das:

:lmfao:

A bit more Mikaversary indulgence ..... :blush-anim-cl:

An hilarious candid shot of John (awwww) ... Mika's tour manager ... great guy !!

100_2749.jpg

And another ....

100_2752.jpg

A bliss pic of moi with Mika .... (much blissier & less .... ummm 'yurgy' for me , than the one posted earlier in this thread)

HappikaliMika.jpg

The 'outing' of the farmyard necklace .... hehe ...

Mikanecklace.jpg

Undoubtedly , my fave pic from the concert .... Ladies & Gentlemen, The Grace Kelly Smile ft. Sydney !!!!

ThegraceKellysmile.jpg

many happy returns of the days!!!:thumb_yello:

and above all

many happy returns of MIKA in aussieland! :punk:

i was re-ordering my pic folders while MFC was down (blessed black out!) and i came across AUSTRALIA 2007 TOUR one...so i've recently seen all the pics posted here...it was so good!

and it was the beginning of the Legend of Blue Beads! :thumb_yello:

Wow, a year already. Time flies!

You Aussies all look lovely. I love seeing the looks of total bliss on people's faces at Mika shows.

And can I say that Mika looks particularly good in these pics? I think Australia suits him.

Some of the greatest interviews came out of his short time Down Under, too - Chubby Bunny, anyone?

Mika - you make sure to get your arse to Australia for the next album!

I know... even though we'll likely have no Mika to look forward to this year (not even an album), it's great to look back and see how much of a great time we had... and that they weren't all psychos (my mum thought Bec could have been a murderer, but I took a chance!)

I loooooove Chubby Bunny! And I can't believe I missed Video Hits! (I was sleeping... no-one knew he was going to be on there... it was a few weeks after he'd gone...)

Thanks for posting this thread Teegs !!! I posted the above in the Aussie thread .... but thought I may aswell post it here also !! :biggrin2:

May as well! I loooove that! :das:

:lmfao: at the part where he's swinging the necklace from his neck...priceless! Lucky buggers, being on TV...

That part makes me smile... actually, it all makes me smile!

Wow!! One year today! I hadn't even heard of him yet one year ago!!

Thanks for posting all the pics Teegs, some I'd seen before, but an awful lot I hadn't. Let's just hope it doesn't take another year to get him back here again!

We can only hope... I hope he sees this thread then! MIKA COME BACK!!!

Yes you were...

Happy Mikaversary Guys.. I wish I could've been there witchu :punk:

It's not as bad as DC... and I caught him on camera... but that's okay, I got caught out checking his (non existent) arse out...

Greetings fellow Mikamites!

ONE YEAR! It feels like yesterday, but at the same time feels so long ago!

I remember I couldn't make up my mind what time to get to the venue cos I had an experience a month beforehand where I arrived to line up for a concert in the morning and there were already a heap of people who had slept out the night before. I knew that wouldn't be the case for Mika but I thought I'd play it safe.

I arrived to the venue at 8.30am hoping no one would be there, and I got my wish! I was alone up until 3pm-ish when Casey got there. I beleive Liz, Teegs, Bec also arrived around then. Oh yeah and Mouselle also arrived before that I saw her walk past me when I was on the phone to my friend complaining how I couldn't go to the toilet incase other people arrived (not realising there were toilets just around the corner). That alone was an experience in itself, ofcourse I'd never go that early again. But at least it's something that can go on my resume.. :P

I cannot thank Bec enough for giving me a call when Mika was about to arrive. She had gotten my number just incase something like that happened, which I didn't think WOULD actually happen.

It was really nice to meeting yous there (and having various events throughout the year) and before that I was too scared of MFC cos it was so big and alot was going on so I stuck to the MikaSounds forum. But yous told me to go the Aussie thread and so I did! Also special mention to Mouselle for the flashing heart and Liz for the MFC badge!

Oh and EXTRA special mention to Liz, again, for framing me by asking me to take a picture of Mika's phone charms with her camera in his back pocket. :P

That was the best concert experience EVER for me. Met awesome people, met the artist before the show and got photos and cd cover signed and tshirt signed, was front row (and loving the fact we were right up to the stage with no barricade) for the most enjoyable concert I've ever been to and also getting the setlist after the show was done.

Unfortunately I had no idea about the whole backstage thing so I left after the show was over. But I can't complain it was a freakin' awesome day!

By the way, what happened to PamRam? HELLO PAMRAM.. wherever you are! She seemed to disppear towards the end of last year.

A WHOLE YEAR.. wow!

So from me to Rainbow Sky, Soangel, nico_collard, Happikali, Mouselle, Jolene and the ever-elusive PamRam.. HAPPY MIKAVERSARY!

Yeah, we got there about then... just after Casey...

Yeah, where is PamRam???

OOOOOH!!! Liz and Bec! Love Sac!!! And Lollipop World!!!

I wish I could've been there. It seemed like such an interesting gig....and what I wouldn't give to see that version of Sweet Dreams...live! :stretcher:

I also would've loved to meet all of the Aussies :wub2:

I just wish I could remember it!

Hey Teegs...great pics and hopefully it won't be another year before he returns!

Btw....you'd have to find his bum before you could take a picture of it:naughty:

An excellent point!

And HK, I'll have to get some of my group pics off my puter and upload them... I couldn't put them on cause they weren't on my photobucket...