Prince O(+>

soulsalsa7

Who doesn't love Prince? He just rocks! (he's not all that nice to MJ but whateves)

I couldn't stop thinking of him when the camp counsler told us not to make out because blue and pink makes purple and no one wants to see purple!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New album from Prince

Prince recorded an album at Paisley Park, with James "Fluff" Harley assisting in the recording, possibly engineering.

Janelle Monae' was brought 2 Paisley Park by Prince, and she heard it, and loved it.

Prince now uses a trio of drummers, which includes Chris Coleman... not known how many songs he appears on the final album.

Prince registered a trademark for the word "Androgynine". It's intended use covers many things, including "sound recordings", so folks assume it's the title of his next album. NOT confirmed.

- from Funkartist on Facebook.

:original:

• 2 weeks later...

It's Prince's 52th birthday today! :trumpet::wub2:

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way in which we could tell him a Happy Birthday personally, but I think he hasn't forgotten that he still is the best to a good bunch of people :wink2: even though he's not nearly as popular today as he was back in the 80's and 90's...

so :happybday: to him!!

And now, some hilarious gif that Mum found a couple months ago :roftl:

pbob.gif

He's very interesting! And I do like his music, but I have one question. He can't be straight, right? I'm not being racist here, I have a lot of gay friends. I'm just very confused everytime I see him on tv walking hand in hand with a woman.

He can't be straight, right? I'm not being racist here, I have a lot of gay friends. I'm just very confused everytime I see him on tv walking hand in hand with a woman.

He's a very feminine straight, dirty old man who likes really young girls. :original:

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out Prince got a Lifetime Achievement Award at the BET Awards last night! :shocked::wub2:

Veteran funk-rocker Prince was given a lifetime achievement award at the show, which was hosted by comedian, actress and rapper Queen Latifah.

Prince watched in the audience as Stevie Wonder paid tribute in a video, and onstage Janelle Monae gave an energetic rendition of his "Let's Go Crazy" while disco diva Patti Labelle pumped out a rousing "Purple Rain."

Wearing white trousers and turtleneck, Prince took the stage, thanked the crowd and said, "I do believe the future is in good hands, I've seen so much talent here tonight.

"I was pretty wild in my younger days and you don't have to do what I do," he said, with a smile. "You don't have to make any of the mistakes that I made. The future is in your hands."

I'm so happy, he really deserved it :winner_first_h4h:

I SO want this :mf_lustslow:

And I read somewhere yesterday evening that it's going to be sold with the German version of Rolling Stone, along with an interview with him... I have no idea what is it that he wants to do by choosing to release his cd this way :blink:

EDIT: this is where I found out http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/122641

actually there are more newspapers, not just Rolling Stone... but still, it's so very limited...

Edited by petra_ale

Yes the news was yesterday all over the internet .

I wish he'd tour and visit our little country :teehee:

He's coming to Austria this summer and I think that's the closest that he ever came to us so far :teehee::wub2:

And a VIP ticket to that concert is only 292Eu... It feels so weird to say "only" when I'm talking about so much money, but I remember him having a concert in Paris last year where I heard regular tickets were around 300-500Eu :jawdrop:

So great news to hear. Regarding the title, I would think the cd would be out before the year ends. On the BET Awards it was nice to see him smile so brightly. Hope that he's in a good place.

Yeah it must be tough not being able to see him live which is an awesome experience. You never know, he might be able to come closer to your area than Austria or Paris and hopefully for less $$$. :aah:

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh, the video in your link is already gone. Prince is quick to remove himself from YouTube, unfortunately.

I haven't heard anything off of the new album yet, I want to be surprised! And dang it, I wish he'd embark on a full tour (with a stop near my house. :wink2: ).

Uh oh, the video in your link is already gone. Prince is quick to remove himself from YouTube, unfortunately.

I haven't heard anything off of the new album yet, I want to be surprised! And dang it, I wish he'd embark on a full tour (with a stop near my house. :wink2: ).

:sneaky2:

Prince, Prince...tssssk, tsssk...

Could have made it easy at least only for a day, so MFcrs could watch it at least once...:sneaky2:

I'll tell everyone you have been in vacation here for a week, and i'll spread to the world the disco you have been to...:mf_rosetinted:

Haha! That would be some pretty awesome payback, Wonka. :roftl:

A lot of people say that Prince hates his fans, but honestly, I don't care. He could do anything (almost), and I'd love him 'til I die! :wub2: I'm still a lovestruck 13 year old girl at heart. :mf_lustslow: Besides, I don't think he hates us, he's just difficult.

Haha! That would be some pretty awesome payback, Wonka. :roftl:

A lot of people say that Prince hates his fans, but honestly, I don't care. He could do anything (almost), and I'd love him 'til I die! :wub2: I'm still a lovestruck 13 year old girl at heart. :mf_lustslow: Besides, I don't think he hates us, he's just difficult.

I like him a lot, my hubby's a fan, a die hard one in the past...:naughty:

I read today he has been here for a week in vacation and that he had gone to an afro music disco with Ana Moura, that fado singer he's been obssessed about and that sang with him at SBSR the lisbon festival last week...

Hey i found a new one he didn't find yet...:biggrin2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msm_7gYXWTY&feature=related

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...