Mika in a festival in Jordan

PurpleCat

Jordan Festival Instead of Jerash Festival?

Being Jordanian, i grew up with the annual Jerash Festival and all that it's got to offer from concerts, plays, poetry reciting and other interesting fun things!

I just came across the strangest news that Jerash Festival is going to be substituted by a new one called Jordan Festival! Does that make sense?

Jerash Festival happens every year in July and August and thus this year will be a transitional year for the new festival which will commence in 2009 to commemorate 10 years of the reign of King Abdallah II.

Maybe this new festival will be fun and interesting too, but Jerash was special and has been around since the 80's, so it's no easy thing letting go!

More about Jordan Festival after the jump ...

The 2009 festival is being planned from now! There are big names on the list of performers like Amr Diab, Elissa, Ragheb Alameh, Fadel Shaker, Assi Hillani, Cheb Khaled and Faudel!

There are huge names expected to make an appearance as well like the famous Opera singer Plácido Domingo and the popular singer Mika! Yes! Mika is coming to Jordan!

The new festival is going to be held in various places around the Kingdom like Amman, Jerash, Petra and the Dead Sea.

It sounds like a good idea, i hope the responsible people will organize things well and be up to the job to make it a real success!

Source: http://www.waleg.com/archives/012730.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any dates mentioned yet?

Looks like he could be stretching this into a Middle Eastern tour as well, guess he wants to top up his tan,LOL!

Any dates mentioned yet?

Looks like he could be stretching this into a Middle Eastern tour as well, guess he wants to top up his tan,LOL!

They're talking about 2009...? I can't imagine they've got a commitment from him for next year.

They're talking about 2009...? I can't imagine they've got a commitment from him for next year.

Any dates mentioned yet?

that's what i thought too at first (same as rose..). to me a plan for 2009 sounds too long away to be confirmed already. but IF he actually comes to lebanon, he may consider jordan too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guess who got an (All Access) VIP ticket to see Mika live and backstage !!!!

It's ME !!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till July 25th, I swear I'm gonna faint

Congrats to you! That's a fairly momentous thing to announce with your first post!

But what's going to happen on July 25th? Just checking on the calendar, there's nothing down for that date. Are you talking about July next year???

Guess who got an (All Access) VIP ticket to see Mika live and backstage !!!!

It's ME !!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till July 25th, I swear I'm gonna faint

Wow, you lucky thing!!

Enjoy yourself on the 25th!! :bleh: Oh and make sure to tell us all about it :wink2: