Libertines/Babyshambles/Dirty Pretty Things?

AnyaStrummer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a fan of the Libertines for years! :thumb_yello:

I really love their stuff, but I'm not as gone on Babyshambles or Dirty Pretty Things, but a some of their songs I love!

I think Pete and Carl together are the best team for song writing!

And I don't care what anyone says, Pete Doherty is a poet. People who aren't interested are just gonna see a drugged up waster, but those who actually take the time to listen to his lyrics and find out who he is will see he is a kind man with a beautiful mind :blush-anim-cl: I really hope things work out for him, he's still in prison as far as I know...

Any of you here like 'em?

No, I dont like them, I LOVE them, with a burning passion for their music and lyrics, Peter is a real real talented poet, a very very talented musician, a touchy , sensitive and emotional person, his love for music is pure and the love of the fans towards him is pure too, once more things arent what they seem, he is the sweetest and so are all the people around him, everyone is welcome if you like music, pete is the guy who is going to take his guitar after a gig and will play at the window of his hotelroom and sing with the fans or in the street or anywhere else, anywhere he can play, he is the guy who is going to give you his hat if you like it and same thing for all the members, adamf (drums) is the guy who will send free cds to his fans personally if he has cds left etc. the list is long. but well of course pete can eventually punch you, sweetest doesnt mean PASSIVE, if you mess with him then you might meet his fist ( right now im thinking about someone that should feel concerned about it) its only normal right

The Libertines is totally cult, it has been one of the most important band ever into the history of rock and roll MUSIC and the fact that only 4 people answered this topic, here on this forum, just confirms it and im not saying it in a sarcastic or confrontational way or anything, just stating the obvious

2cwub1h.jpg

for the babyshambles and dirty pretty things, they are probably 2 of my favourite bands, the gigs are just totally rock and cool and everything, their fans are the coolest people ever, its always a lot of fun and again they are great musicians

if you cant stand them because they take drugs and smoke or because they dont comb their hair or dont have the last brand new converse then i feel sorry for you and you surely must stick to people like perez roberto hilton or whatever his name is who thinks that "smoking is soooooo bad" but who has his grotesque parties sponsorized by Burger (fuc)King, haha, food kills you too baby, you know

you cant judge people just because they are trying to escape from reality a little bit, everyone has its own way to do it, some take drugs, some buy plastic sylvanian dolls, you just cant judge

anyway you might not like them but read the ****ing lyrics and listen to them, you cant deny genius, the way he writes is incredible because the own sounds of the words he puts together, they are already a song before he puts music on it (yes i know its called poetry) and then comes the music and its just so SO COOL and some metaphores in the lyrics are just genius and the way he places his voice is amazing, he is an amazing vocalist, if you listen to some acoustic versions you ll realize how much is voice is clear, how gifted he is

2431913462_1295b407ed.jpg

Nice post Pam ^^

Despite the fact I am very much a fan of alternative/indie rock I am not a fan of Pete as such, or of Libertines or DPT or Babyshambles, but I acknowledge everything you say above. I can see and appreciate that Pete has a big talent, which unfortunately is very much overshadowed in the popular media by the constant needless obsession with his drug problems. I think it's a great shame.

Whenever I have seen Pete interviewed, I have been struck by his intelligence and eloquence, and likeability. It is too easy for people's view of him to be biased by the media coverage..yes, he is clearly a troubled soul and no angel, but there is much more to him.

His music FOR ME PERSONALLY (we all have our own tastes:wink2:) is a little too formulaic, and I am not the greatest fan of acoustic guitar and voice, but nevertheless he undoubtedly writes and performs from the heart, in an honest way, and anyone who does that is ok by me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I liked the Libertines.

I didn't like the first Babyshambles album very much, the second appears to be better.

*waits for Niki27 to find this thread* :naughty:

Me? :fisch:

I don't like The Libertines, or Babyshambles, not at all.

And I'm really not excited about seeing Pete live for my birthday.

I couldn't care less :mf_rosetinted:

OMG OMG OMG I can't wait :naughty:

Seriously, it took me a while to agree to listen to them. The whole media show around Pete Doherty's numerous addictions and outbursts had put me off. But once I DID listen, I got addicted myself :naughty:

:pd:

Me?

I don't like The Libertines, or Babyshambles, not at all.

And I'm really not excited about seeing Pete live for my birthday.

I couldn't care less

OMG OMG OMG I can't wait

Seriously, it took me a while to agree to listen to them. The whole media show around Pete Doherty's numerous addictions and outbursts had put me off. But once I DID listen, I got addicted myself :naughty:

:pd:

Hate to still your thunder (.. you can see where this going can't you? :naughty:) but oooh, where is he playing on our birthday? :wink2:

Haha, I got something pretty cool lined up for mine anyway.

I saw Babyshambles back in 2007, was at the same festival where I'd seen Mika and he was on straight after them actually, was quite funny the amount of people who left the stage when they'd finished, I suppose their music isn't quite in the same genre :fisch::naughty: I wasn't complaining though I got a good spot for Mika then. :bleh:

lol Shaz... he's playing in Lille on april 20, which is slightly before our birthday, but I consider it's my bday present anyway ;) You'll have to tell me what you've planned for yours now! ;)

I'd love to see the BS live but this time, it'll be Pete Doherty alone, promoting his solo album. Which means it'll be an accoustic and seated gig. My first seated concert ever in fact, it's gonna feel really strange :blink:

• 1 month later...
lol Shaz... he's playing in Lille on april 20, which is slightly before our birthday, but I consider it's my bday present anyway ;) You'll have to tell me what you've planned for yours now! ;)

I'd love to see the BS live but this time, it'll be Pete Doherty alone, promoting his solo album. Which means it'll be an accoustic and seated gig. My first seated concert ever in fact, it's gonna feel really strange :blink:

Just for you .....

We were 3 rows from the front ish .. average age was YOUNG!! I mean everyone had bloody hair :roftl:

Drunk , noisy , LOUD crowd!!! .. had a great view!!!

He breaks all the rules man! , people throwing lit ciggies on stage , drinking whiskey straight from the bottle , telling the crowd not to throw beer at him but to the string section!!! lol ?? .. some boy .. it was packed!!

Afterwards we got some GREAT video footage .. elvie will post ..

Youll have a great time :thumb_yello:

Some piccies from the pete gig .....

SDC13295-2.jpg

SDC13277.jpg

SDC13296-2.jpg

SDC13293-2.jpg

SDC13316-1.jpg

SDC13294-2.jpg

SDC13287-1.jpg

Videos are uploading but taking forever !! But a few have uploaded ....

(Excuse all the wobbling , crowd was mad ! haha)

Killamangiro - http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd308/caz1302/?action=view&current=SDC13291.flv

F*ck Forever - http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd308/caz1302/?action=view&current=SDC13311.flv

Pete chatting then into a song ... http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd308/caz1302/?action=view&current=SDC13310.flv

Pete coming out of the venue afterwards ... Madness !!! -

Rest are still uploading ... will post links when they are finished !!!

Edited by mikas_gal07

• 1 month later...

I love these bands !!

I saw Babyshambles two times, and it was very great ! And i saw Peter Doherty in solo in march in paris, and it was very great too ! But i have never seen the libertines, and dirty pretty things... I was at the aftershow in paris, Adam Ficek (babyshambles' drummer) and Drew McConnell ( Babyshambles' bassist ) and peter doherty's staff were here ! It was amazing, they are very kind ! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I hope the libertines will come back like peter said !!:roftl:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...