Why is it "whatever" and not "whoever" here? :confused:

Well you touch objects, right? lol :naughty:

"I wanna be your brother, wanna be your father too

Never make you run for cover even if they want us to

I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you"

This is Mika. Don't expect it to make sense. It's probably because it is easier to sing "whatever" than "whoever".

I wanna be wanna be

Because he wants to be able to touch that person so badly that he doesn't care if he touches them in the form of a person or an object :naughty:

It just sounds better.

I wanna be wanna be

Because that's just Mika. :naughty:

Because he wants to be able to touch that person so badly that he doesn't care if he touches them in the form of a person or an object :naughty:

It just sounds better.

I'd go so far as to say that "whatever" is used because it better lends itself to naughty, naughty connotations. But maybe that's just My (dirty) Interpretation. :das:

Or...what touches you is not limited to people or persons?:wink2:

Just guessing!:teehee:

I wanna be your towel, wanna be your toothbrush too

I wanna be your sweater, wanna be your panties too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you

Or the naughty version:

I wanna be your dildo, wanna be your own hand too...

Edited by guylainem123

I wanna be wanna be

Or the naughty version:

LOL, brilliant!

I wanna be wanna be

Or the naughty version:

hmm :bye: please keep in mind that this forum is opened to all ages.

please read FAQ and guidelines :thumb_yello:

Is it:

I never believed in Santa

or

I have never believed in Santa ?

'cause at school, they've taught me you have to use present perfect with 'never', but in this sentence it's a period that's completely over (as a kid)...

Is it:

or

'cause at school, they've taught me you have to use present perfect with 'never', but in this sentence it's a period that's completely over (as a kid)...

Both work fine to my eye

I would use I never believed in santa

.. btw he exists ... :shocked:

Both work fine to my eye

I would use I never believed in santa

good:thumb_yello: that really is the most difficult thing in English. present perfect vs. simple past.:aah:

.. btw he exists ... :shocked:

of course he does!

it was just an example of the structure:roftl:

sorry to butt in...

They have slightly different meanings.

"I never believed in Santa" means that when you were a child you didn't believe, end of story.....see what I mean?

"I have never believed in Santa" means that there could be a possibility that you will start believeing now or in the future.

I think " I have never believed in" is more "proper" english .. but stil we dont speak that way :roftl:

Are you sure?

Don't you put in a little 've, almost not able to hear when you say" I('ve) never believed in Santa"?:wink2:

Is it:

or

It depends on whether you use British or American English.

In British English (and most other variation except American), it's correct to say "I have never believed in Santa" if you are referring to the whole period of time up to and including now (the present perfect tense). This is why you were told to use 'have + Past participle' with 'never'. But it's only appropriate if the state you describe is still true NOW.

In British English, "I never believed in Santa" implies you are talking about a defined period in the past, which is now ended, for example when you WERE a child (you are no longer a child). So this is usually used with a qualifying phrase such as 'when I was a child, I never believed in Santa', to show the period of time you are talking about.

American English often (though not always..) makes no distinction between theses two uses: Americans tend to say "I never believed in Santa" for both uses.

Wow..I'd forgotten how hard it is to explain grammar (I used to teach English as a Foreign Language :blink:)

But HE DOES EXIST :aah: so why are we even having this conversation :dunno:

Guest mrs mika

i know. sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I usually say "I've never believed in Santa" (though once upon a time I did, my dad dressed up as Santa and put our presents by the tree, and mum filmed it (when we were kids my parents used to film us opening our gifts) so that when we watched the video we'd all be shocked that we *actually* saw Santa, and my best mate never believed he existed and I was adamant that he did and was like "I have proof!" so I gave him the video :roftl:)

I usually say "I've never believed in Santa" (though once upon a time I did, my dad dressed up as Santa and put our presents by the tree, and mum filmed it (when we were kids my parents used to film us opening our gifts) so that when we watched the video we'd all be shocked that we *actually* saw Santa, and my best mate never believed he existed and I was adamant that he did and was like "I have proof!" so I gave him the video :roftl:)

Awwwwww :roftl::roftl:

Sweet story missy :biggrin2:

Awwwwww :roftl::roftl:

Sweet story missy :biggrin2:

yeah it is quite sweet. I used to believe in the tooth fairy too, i even used to write notes underneath my pillow with my tooth. Argh how embarrassing! :aah: (not to admit, but to have had my parents read my notes :aah:)

yeah it is quite sweet. I used to believe in the tooth fairy too, i even used to write notes underneath my pillow with my tooth. Argh how embarrassing! :aah: (not to admit, but to have had my parents read my notes :aah:)

You know for a fact when you take a bf home they are going to show him those notes , burn them:naughty: