Mika on the radio

I know there is a similar thread somewhere, but this one is mostly about the Lyrics of osme songs, so listen up.................

As many of you may nkow (Americans mostly) Mika is not playe don the radio. SOme who request him are told

*They dont have it

*Yes, but it never plays

*They are not allowed to play it

For some time, Mika was not allowed ot release Billy Brown in the United States due to it's content about Billy Brown loving another man

What confuses me is why is it NUMBER ONE RADIO STATION in New England and several charts on Itunes, Limewire and other music download systems are being topped by the number one hit "I kissed a Girl" By Katy Perry. Now, i have nothign against Katy Perry, she has a very talented, unique voice, but why is it that she can release her song "I kissed a Girl" which pokes fun, but Billy Brown can not be played, along wiht ANY MIKA MATERIAL for that matter!

This makes me upset, because Mika is not getting as exposed as he is entitled to. He is very talented, and would have so many more fans if he were played to the United States over the radio. What do you think? Is it right that Mika's deep, heartfelt music is not released over the Radio?

Go compare the lyrics to "I kissed A Girl" and "Billy Brown"

Which is more appropriate? I say Billy Brown, what do you say?

peace,love,music!

-sAmMy ;D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never once heard mika on the radio here, but people in so many other countries say they have.

its so not fair

I know:thumbdown:

I expected that much though. America never plays the good stuff.

I agree nono:lmfao:

haha im kidding.

but us canadians went on a real Relax kick in october. It was on the radio like every other song on z 103.5

So...maybe mika's good music just isn't the state's style :naughty: They like commercial folks like rihanna. but that's majority.

It's simple: America sucks.

:naughty:

LOL! Sometimes...

But I had the same thought about Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" as I

saw the video on MTV last night. I recall how some radio stations

said the reason they wouldn't play "Grace Kelly" was because the

lyrics said Mika was trying to be like a woman (tried to be

like Grace Kelly) and they couldn't play that. But those same

stations are now playing "I kissed a girl and I liked it..."

I don't get it. Well, actually I kinda do -- Katy is a sexy babe,

just talking about experimenting, bicurious I guess,

which I guess is a turn-on for some...

dcdeb

LOL! Sometimes...

But I had the same thought about Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" as I

saw the video on MTV last night. I recall how some radio stations

said the reason they wouldn't play "Grace Kelly" was because the

lyrics said Mika was trying to be like a woman (tried to be

like Grace Kelly) and they couldn't play that. But those same

stations are now playing "I kissed a girl and I liked it..."

I don't get it. Well, actually I kinda do -- Katy is a sexy babe,

just talking about experimenting, bicurious I guess,

which I guess is a turn-on for some...

dcdeb

Its frustrating they don't play it here, but at the same time kindof nice because when he does come back here hopefully we will have smaller sized gigs and more personal shows with Mr. Meeks.

but for the sake of Mika and his success It is ridiculous they don't play him in the US because of his song lyrics..especially when some of the songs they play are just all about sex and rap and being gangsta with all their bling.

All my friends see right away is Mika's red pants or tight blue pants and they reject him..but my friends who are a bit on the eccentric side (like myself)absolutly love him and his music when they hear it or are exposed to it..so far I have converted at least 3 people to listen to his music and enjoy it.

Its frustrating they don't play it here, but at the same time kindof nice because when he does come back here hopefully we will have smaller sized gigs and more personal shows with Mr. Meeks.

but for the sake of Mika and his success It is ridiculous they don't play him in the US because of his song lyrics..especially when some of the songs they play are just all about sex and rap and being gangsta with all their bling.

All my friends see right away is Mika's red pants or tight blue pants and they reject him..but my friends who are a bit on the eccentric side (like myself)absolutly love him and his music when they hear it or are exposed to it..so far I have converted at least 3 people to listen to his music and enjoy it.

Exactly! Take a look at your signature, theres his quote about not being able to release Billy Brown. Hes not getting the recognition he deserves. If he was played more, he would get more fans,

I just cant wait for him to come abck to the US................ i cant stand the wait!

I know:thumbdown:

I expected that much though. America never plays the good stuff.

you're right. almost all the music they play in America is ****. The radios and channels are hypocrites, it shows how men have the control, they are ok with lesbian songs because they think they're hot. I think Katy couldn't come with a better song to sale herself. Good Mika doesn't compromise his integrity to sell, he doesn't need America anyway.

:

you're right. almost all the music they play in America is ****. The radios and channels are hypocrites, it shows how men have the control, they are ok with lesbian songs because they think they're hot. I think Katy couldn't come with a better song to sale herself. Good Mika doesn't compromise his integrity to sell, he doesn't need America anyway.

alright, well lets not start with that....:blush-anim-cl:

i know America needs mika (well atleast I NEED him to come to AMERICA!!!!!:blowup:

I know there is a similar thread somewhere, but this one is mostly about the Lyrics of osme songs, so listen up.................

As many of you may nkow (Americans mostly) Mika is not playe don the radio. SOme who request him are told

*They dont have it

*Yes, but it never plays

*They are not allowed to play it

For some time, Mika was not allowed ot release Billy Brown in the United States due to it's content about Billy Brown loving another man

What confuses me is why is it NUMBER ONE RADIO STATION in New England and several charts on Itunes, Limewire and other music download systems are being topped by the number one hit "I kissed a Girl" By Katy Perry. Now, i have nothign against Katy Perry, she has a very talented, unique voice, but why is it that she can release her song "I kissed a Girl" which pokes fun, but Billy Brown can not be played, along wiht ANY MIKA MATERIAL for that matter!

This makes me upset, because Mika is not getting as exposed as he is entitled to. He is very talented, and would have so many more fans if he were played to the United States over the radio. What do you think? Is it right that Mika's deep, heartfelt music is not released over the Radio?

Go compare the lyrics to "I kissed A Girl" and "Billy Brown"

Which is more appropriate? I say Billy Brown, what do you say?

peace,love,music!

-sAmMy ;D

There is a campaign about this.

http://www.getmikaplay.com

Or you can email Jackie Evans, who has started the campaign

getmikaplay@yahoo.com

American radio can be a bit sucky... I hope they (radio station) do play him more but they don't like anything un-american... i.e. nothing camp, nothing disctinctive from the norm etc etc...

A lot of Uk acts seems to have had the same problems...:thumbdown:

OL

American radio can be a bit sucky... I hope they (radio station) do play him more but they don't like anything un-american... i.e. nothing camp, nothing disctinctive from the norm etc etc...

A lot of Uk acts seems to have had the same problems...:thumbdown:

OL

thats very true. everything is American-ized and all the songs sound very similar to each other.

thats another reason I love Mika and bands like Bodies Without Organs or Tokio Hotel, they just sound so different than what I am used to and have some lovely music..I actually have to listen a few times or even many times to hear every piece and part and understand a song or develop a meaning to me.

Mika is genuinely and deliciously subversive.

I don't suppose he's likely to be welcome over there just now, things being so strange these days. I have several friends there who are very worried indeed, having absurd difficulties.

An indication of how careful we all need to be in valuing freedom of speech:

Freedom of Speech and H.R. 1955 pt. 1

:glasses2:

He can come to my house and I'll make him comfortable and serve tea! But I just don't feel like working for him right now. I thought about trying to get the radio to get him on there but I changed my mind! And that's the honest to goodness truth! So there!

He can come to my house and I'll make him comfortable and serve tea! But I just don't feel like working for him right now. I thought about trying to get the radio to get him on there but I changed my mind! And that's the honest to goodness truth! So there!

Haha, funny reply! And if that's your view, we must respect it!

(actually that's my view too... Mika can get his publicity machine into proper gear if he wants airplay in America - the poor fans have their own life to live :naughty:)

I think Mika is a bit uncaring about whether or not he gets played in the US..but not in a bad way, I mean, he has incredible fame (from what I can understand) over in the other countries, and America is sometimes a bit slow on the uptake, and I think even if he DID advertise over here, it might only get him a few more fans because he already is in movie ads (how I discovered him) or on tv ads and stuff.

so as Mika says, if people discover his music on their own, rather than being forced into viewing it or listening to it, the music will mean so much more to them and they will continue being fans rather than moving onto the next best thing. or something like that.

dude the same thing happened to me!! i was the one who started that other thread about the station not playing mika. i was sooo mad!!

i have been thinking about requesting mika again. only this time i will be prepared. if i get the whole "we dont play mika" i will demand to know why. if they tell me, "because he sings too high", then i will ask why they play JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, ONE REPUBLIC, and other male artists that sing high. if they tell me "his songs are too controversial", then i will ask why they keep playing a song that says "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT" (not that i have anything against that song, i actually like it). and if they say he isnt popular, then i will reply with mika's amazing chart records in the uk and other countries. there is simply no good reason that mika isnt played on radio stations in the U.S., and we, as mika's official fan club need to step up to the plate and fight the radio stations!! come on people we are perfectly capable!!

here is the first step: everyone request a mika song at this website (my local radio station). the request box is kind of in the middle of the page. with enough requests, surely they wont be able to ignore them!!

http://www.b1029.com/ondemand/

and now i am all motivated to start a new thread so more people will throw in some requests.

dude the same thing happened to me!! i was the one who started that other thread about the station not playing mika. i was sooo mad!!

i have been thinking about requesting mika again. only this time i will be prepared. if i get the whole "we dont play mika" i will demand to know why. if they tell me, "because he sings too high", then i will ask why they play JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, ONE REPUBLIC, and other male artists that sing high. if they tell me "his songs are too controversial", then i will ask why they keep playing a song that says "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT" (not that i have anything against that song, i actually like it). and if they say he isnt popular, then i will reply with mika's amazing chart records in the uk and other countries. there is simply no good reason that mika isnt played on radio stations in the U.S., and we, as mika's official fan club need to step up to the plate and fight the radio stations!! come on people we are perfectly capable!!

here is the first step: everyone request a mika song at this website (my local radio station). the request box is kind of in the middle of the page. with enough requests, surely they wont be able to ignore them!!

http://www.b1029.com/ondemand/

and now i am all motivated to start a new thread so more people will throw in some requests.

I want a free ticket, airfare to the July 4th concert, fancy hotel room, shopping trip..

If I have to work for him :)

i think all american mfcers should all request mika all at the same time to one radion station... like z100 (i am pretty sure they have that all over the us) and they will have to end up playing with him:punk::punk::punk:

isn't it rather odd that NO radio station plays him in the US...I mean you think one would...is it a conspiracy or something?

like is there a secret rule in the radio stations saying "no Mika"

or has anybody ever heard him at least once on the radio.

I have yet to hear even mention of his name.

isn't it rather odd that NO radio station plays him in the US...I mean you think one would...is it a conspiracy or something?

like is there a secret rule in the radio stations saying "no Mika"

or has anybody ever heard him at least once on the radio.

I have yet to hear even mention of his name.

I KNOW that is why we need to raise awarness and petition and start a revolt against this horrible conspiracy!

I KNOW that is why we need to raise awarness and petition and start a revolt against this horrible conspiracy!

ITS THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!:floor: No, jk

But serously, I have never heard him once in public. I have had 3 school dances this year. Not one DJ had MIKA!

I aksed the DJ at my graduation dance if he could play mika, and since I think he liked me (becuase i was very polite) He told me.. and these were his exact words...

"We have to play it later in the dance becuase we already have a long playlist BUT I PROMISE that we will this played for you by the end of the night. Who do you want it to go out to?..." So I told him my name.

About a half hour before the end of the dance, I approached him again and asked

"When will you be playing Mika?"

His reply was "Oh, we dont have any"

I told him that he HAD PROMISED he would play it, but he simplpy said.."Well if you had brought it on a CD i would have."

WHY WOULD I CARRY LICM (One of my prized posesisons) ON STAGE WITH ME FOR MY GRADUATION ADN TEHN KEEP IT WITH ME FOR THE DANCE?!?!?! ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!

So i just walked away, very defeated.... IDK, but Mika needs to become more well known here! I will definetly call my radio station this summer!