The Australian Thread: Part Fourteen

Rainbow Sky

:huglove: Thank you for coming back :P It wouldn't have been the same without you at all.

Can I just say, this is something I have thought for ages but haven't said. To Kelzy's thingy and Teegs' here and to everyone. I don't understand the expectation that Mika should have toured here. Okay, appart from that he said he would last time he was here, and that he cancelled V, etc. But ... most artists don't come to Australia before their second albums, he came here less than 6 months after he released his first album and gave a show and did lots of promotion. We live in a ****ty place for that kind of thing, for people to tour, it's not Mika Mika Mika's blame that he doesn't tour here as much as Europe, where he is from and where he is extremely popular, or as much as the US, where there is a huge market.

And what? If Mika gave in to guilt tripping he'd have come back by now? When has he ever been guilt tripped into coming to Australia?

He has pretty much no reason to believe he has a huge fan base in Australia and thus reason to tour here.

It's just the way it is that we don't get as much tours and whatever else, and who's to blame for that? I don't know, not anyone or anything, it just is, so I just accept it. And I can be happy for people who happen to live somewhere where they are able to see Mika, and I can enjoy seeing the pictures and videos and hearing about it, which is much better than nothing. I'm sorry that you can't, and I'm sorry I posted that stuff after Werchter. I won't do it again.

We can keep the aussie thread a Mika-excitingness free zone. :huglove:

Oh! I didn't even notice :P I just use subscribed threads anyway :P

The answer is pretty clear to me.

Why weren't we good enough to tour again??

Now is clearly a crappy time, but if he'd toured when he was going to tour it would've been to his advantage.. But we keep getting moved further down the To Do List..

I no longer expect a tour.. I now expect him to have no further success in Oz and tour Europe for the remainder of his career.. That's what I expect..

What I hope for is completely different.. :wub2:

And I'm not a dictator. You post whatever you want to in here. It wasn't actually your posts that made me want to leave.. It was the whole package. In the next 2 weeks we'll probably be privy to extreme rainbow sh!tting and bright side comments whenever we dare to say "I wish I could've been there, but.........." That's what I'm not interested in reading. Elanorelles Happy post at the top of that other page is only a whiff of things to come..

Ohhh Bono chest.. :das: .. *is easily distracted*

Edit (see I was distracted :naughty: )

I'll just end up ignoring those posts and some people might think I'm ignoring them, when in fact I just don't share the excitement..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:roftl:srain.gif

The way I remember it was that 'Grace Kelly' was #1 in ITUNES in Oz ..... within first 6 mths. of his 'public career' .... he was also touring Japan & Hong Kong .... he was just next door & 'promo-ing' .... he came here ... well, to Sydney ... did a gig, ... & Rove & a few radio interviews .... he seemed to be into coming back here again ... well why wouldn't he ???? He will prob. go where ppl want him .... & his music sells ... !!

We want him to return .... *& I'm certain he will in some shape or form* .... .... However .... I'm happy to have met you all here via Mika .... :wub2: ....

....& don't think I'm all 'softy & snooky' ... just 'cos of Mika .... I'm not !!!

DownloadedFile.png

Yes! Mika mail is on going and there are always people looking for partners! You can join anytime :biggrin2: (And yes, still very short atm, especially for Europeans or just generally non-USAians)oming back :P It wouldn't have been the same without you at all.]

Do I have to contact anyone in particular? Or do I just post on that thread?

It's just the way it is that we don't get as much tours and whatever else, and who's to blame for that? I don't know, not anyone or anything, it just is, so I just accept it. And I can be happy for people who happen to live somewhere where they are able to see Mika, and I can enjoy seeing the pictures and videos and hearing about it, which is much better than nothing.

We can keep the aussie thread a Mika-excitingness free zone. :huglove:

The answer is pretty clear to me.

Why weren't we good enough to tour again??

Now is clearly a crappy time, but if he'd toured when he was going to tour it would've been to his advantage.. But we keep getting moved further down the To Do List..

I no longer expect a tour.. I now expect him to have no further success in Oz and tour Europe for the remainder of his career.. That's what I expect..

What I hope for is completely different.. :wub2:

There are thousands of Mika fans in Europe but they don't all belong to the MFC. In fact relatively few MFC members are going to the European gigs - the vast majority can't go so we're just as dependent on posted pics/videos/reports as anyone else. I certainly couldn't afford to go trailing all over Europe after him .

We want him to return .... *& I'm certain he will in some shape or form*

:naughty: Yes - folded over from being bundled into a packing case:roftl:

I know... something had to go... it was either the petition or Bono... I might swap it over...

I've missed why you are now a literary smack dealer. What is a literary smack anyway? Being hit with a book? Books that deal (artistically) with drug taking?:blink:

srain.gif

The way I remember it was that 'Grace Kelly' was #1 in ITUNES in Oz ..... within first 6 mths. of his 'public career' .... he was also touring Japan & Hong Kong .... he was just next door & 'promo-ing' .... he came here ... well, to Sydney ... did a gig, ... & Rove & a few radio interviews .... he seemed to be into coming back here again ... well why wouldn't he ???? He will prob. go where ppl want him .... & his music sells ... !!

We want him to return .... *& I'm certain he will in some shape or form* .... .... However .... I'm happy to have met you all here via Mika .... ....

....& don't think I'm all 'softy & snooky' ... just 'cos of Mika .... I'm not !!!

DownloadedFile.png

I know you're not a softy about him.

And if I had to choose between meeting you all or meeting Mika and going to his show.. I pick you all anyway. :wub2:

It's funny how they are STILL playing his music on the radio and tv..:naughty:

There are thousands of Mika fans in Europe but they don't all belong to the MFC. In fact relatively few MFC members are going to the European gigs - the vast majority can't go so we're just as dependent on posted pics/videos/reports as anyone else. I certainly couldn't afford to go trailing all over Europe after him.

Even if I lived in Europe I wouldn't go trailing all over for him. I'd go to the closest show and that would be it. I think the more you go to something the more chance there is of ruining the magic of it.

Yes - folded over from being bundled into a packing case

Since you aren't trailing all over Europe to see Mika, how are you even going to get him in that suitcase?? hmmm??

2646286521ddd200df8eotw9.jpg

errr WTF is going on with his t-shirt??

wait wait, don't tell me. He's self-conscious of his ass now?? :rolls_eyes:

It reminds me of something.. actually I think I wore t-shirts in the 80's or 90's that were longer at the back..

Hello everyone!

I'm too late to say good morning.

Yeah, sleep ins are a pain right?? :naughty:

I know you're not a softy about him.

And if I had to choose between meeting you all or meeting Mika and going to his show.. I pick you all anyway. :wub2:

It's funny how they are STILL playing his music on the radio and tv..:naughty:

Even if I lived in Europe I wouldn't go trailing all over for him. I'd go to the closest show and that would be it. I think the more you go to something the more chance there is of ruining the magic of it.

Since you aren't trailing all over Europe to see Mika, how are you even going to get him in that suitcase?? hmmm??

errr WTF is going on with his t-shirt??

wait wait, don't tell me. He's self-conscious of his ass now?? :rolls_eyes:

It reminds me of something.. actually I think I wore t-shirts in the 80's or 90's that were longer at the back..

Yeah, sleep ins are a pain right?? :naughty:

it's like a maestro thing, and i find it soooo sexy :wub2:

Guys

If you're trying to make me stay.. It's working zhhzzzz.gif:naughty:

YAAAAYYYY! Why am I not surprised? *zhhz*

Ohh superb!

Well living here is not so good <points at 30,000 posts> :naughty:

Oi, you're not there yet, you liar.

Hiya Nico :thumb_yello:

So bacon is bacon , pig meat :wink2:and a buttie is a sandwich .. sooo

Its a bacon sandwich :thumb_yello:

Usually with tomato sauce

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Hungry I is

Errrr...so like a BLT, except without the L and occasionally the T? And butter on top of bacon grease?

Don't get me wrong, I crave Brit food all the time but...that's just a bit odd...

The thing is England , the most unhealthy thing I can think of is a kebab pizza :shocked:

http://thecoredump.org/images/kebab_pizza.jpg

So its a pizza , covered in kebab meat .. so its 10000 calories :roftl:

Double scary!

Ooooohhh, it looks so good...*gains 10 pounds just by looking*

Righto... I'm gonna log off so I can get my laptop set up... I need to start writing more fan fics... and start sending them off...

Which you have done already, and...*das x 10000000*

I have to as well. I don't eat greens.. the greenest I get is the lettuce when I have caesar salad.. and cabbage when I fry it in butter.. mmm Yummmmm.. but I eat potato and carrot nearly every day.

and I have fruit juice often.

Hahaha! You're worse than my little brother...

Yeh I only eat that stuff as its supposed to be so good , I could stop easy for crisps and meat etc etc phh and pizza mmmm and a good curry :wub2:

I kinda reads these books <points> that apples do this for you and tomatoes that ...

Then again some people eat meat all their lives and live forever! (nearly)

Take my great granny. She is 102, going on 103 (actually, it was her birthday today! Happy Birthday Great-Grandmotherrrghhh Rosie!!), and has always eaten excessive amounts of meat, salt, and bread. Not to mention she smoked until she was at least 90, but she got pretty good at hiding it, so for all I know she might be still...

Bec, you're 2 posts off 10,000 .. :shocked:

1 now...the tension builds...

what's next?? A mullet and cowboy boots?? :lol3:

Well, Nono did think he was wearing knee high boots for a while...turns out it was just a deceptive shadow, but you may be on to something

YAAAAYYYY! Why am I not surprised? *zhhz*

shut up :bleh:

Hahaha! You're worse than my little brother...

:naughty:I don't eat greens but I get my vitamins in other ways..

Actually, they're more reliable ways anyway..

Take my great granny. She is 102, going on 103 (actually, it was her birthday today! Happy Birthday Great-Grandmotherrrghhh Rosie!!), and has always eaten excessive amounts of meat, salt, and bread. Not to mention she smoked until she was at least 90, but she got pretty good at hiding it, so for all I know she might be still...

:yay: Happy Birthday Grandma Rosie!!!! :yay:

1 now...the tension builds...

She needs to just get it over with already..

Well, Nono did think he was wearing knee high boots for a while...turns out it was just a deceptive shadow, but you may be on to something

Oh dear.. :doh:

I'm kinda looking forward to it..

Mika's horoscope for today:

Leo: Balancing your time between friends, family and potential dates can feel like a juggling act. You can achieve harmony between all your social circles by practicing good time management. Resist the urge to blow off plans or you could ruffle feathers. :roftl:

Mika's horoscope for today:

Leo: Balancing your time between friends, family and potential dates can feel like a juggling act. You can achieve harmony between all your social circles by practicing good time management. Resist the urge to blow off plans or you could ruffle feathers. :roftl:

That thing is as outdated as his website was :roftl: If only it had come out before V-fest...