The Australian Thread: Part Fourteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have seen him once (sort of - had restricted view (lots of tall people round me) so only actually saw him when he came to the front of the stage on my side. Could hardly see the band at all; couldn't see most of what was happening on stage. But it sounded very good)

Haha, are you blaming tall people for ruining your show? :hmph:

Your fault for being short :tongue2:

I noticed how much Mika's stage reminded me of something else..

lunapark.jpg

Luna Park, Melbourne.. aka "Bogan Central."

Nice! :lmao:

I was just going to just show you this picture of Mika the dirty perve:

9745406.jpg

But then ANOTHER butt slapping/grabbing/groping/whatever picture appeared, and I couldn't resist making a nice little collection for everyone:

007_MIKA_1920.jpg

mika-main-square-14.jpg

3348074.jpg

(Yes that is the exact same big girl going at it again)

Am I the only one that thinks he looks like a sim in that last one?

Yeh ! my feelings exto mondo!

Morning Aussie types :thumb_yello:

Sorryy evening <after 18 months should know better>

If he meets U2 I'll.... *shakes fist* :naughty:

Good Morning Frekkie.. :bleh:

HAHA Teegs .... I had the same '69' thought !!!

... & WOOT .... thanks for the stories ....

Oh ...... & in terms of 'career' .... hehe ... I remember encouraging you ages ago ..... WRITER !!!!!!!! :wink2::thumb_yello:

EDIT: Oh .... unless you'd like to live in a really beautiful town by the sea & still be a teacher .... :bleh:

We must be onthe same wavelength or smth...

no probs...

I remember that too... I'm very seriously thinking about it... might do it and something with a steady paycheque as well...

And I doubt I'd even get a job by the sea... unless I decide to sleep with some one in staffing at DET...

Can I just say, this is something I have thought for ages but haven't said. To Kelzy's thingy and Teegs' here and to everyone. I don't understand the expectation that Mika should have toured here. Okay, appart from that he said he would last time he was here, and that he cancelled V, etc. But ... most artists don't come to Australia before their second albums, he came here less than 6 months after he released his first album and gave a show and did lots of promotion. We live in a ****ty place for that kind of thing, for people to tour, it's not Mika Mika Mika's blame that he doesn't tour here as much as Europe, where he is from and where he is extremely popular, or as much as the US, where there is a huge market.

And what? If Mika gave in to guilt tripping he'd have come back by now? When has he ever been guilt tripped into coming to Australia?

He has pretty much no reason to believe he has a huge fan base in Australia and thus reason to tour here.

It's just the way it is that we don't get as much tours and whatever else, and who's to blame for that? I don't know, not anyone or anything, it just is, so I just accept it. And I can be happy for people who happen to live somewhere where they are able to see Mika, and I can enjoy seeing the pictures and videos and hearing about it, which is much better than nothing. I'm sorry that you can't, and I'm sorry I posted that stuff after Werchter. I won't do it again.

I don't want this to come out as being sarcastic or bitchy, but I'll say it anyways... good for you that you can be happy for other people...

And cause I don't want to start a scrag fight I'll say a few other things...

1. my comment was supposed to be a joke... obviously I need to put THIS WAS A JOKE in great big letters next time... <- that was sarcasm by the way...

2. I wouldn't say the US has a much bigger fan base than here... besides, who says we have to like the fact that we don't get as many tours here? If we bitch and complain and do a petition, we're letting him know that he was fans here, and that we want to see him...

3. *points to magenta part then to Mika/Hanson conspiracy thread* I don't want that to happen to Mika, but if he wants it to happen, then let him go... and we're not talking about other artists, we're talking about Mika... don't know why you're even mentioning what other artists do...

:roftl: Page 69 and the first thing you read is me saying:

And right now Mr MacPhisto is trying to order a taxi in Sydney..

Dirty mind and such...

The answer is pretty clear to me.

Why weren't we good enough to tour again??

Now is clearly a crappy time, but if he'd toured when he was going to tour it would've been to his advantage.. But we keep getting moved further down the To Do List..

I no longer expect a tour.. I now expect him to have no further success in Oz and tour Europe for the remainder of his career.. That's what I expect..

What I hope for is completely different..

I totally agree... like I did above, *points to Mika/Hanson conspiracy thread*

The way I remember it was that 'Grace Kelly' was #1 in ITUNES in Oz ..... within first 6 mths. of his 'public career' .... he was also touring Japan & Hong Kong .... he was just next door & 'promo-ing' .... he came here ... well, to Sydney ... did a gig, ... & Rove & a few radio interviews .... he seemed to be into coming back here again ... well why wouldn't he ???? He will prob. go where ppl want him .... & his music sells ... !!

We want him to return .... *& I'm certain he will in some shape or form* .... .... However .... I'm happy to have met you all here via Mika ....

....& don't think I'm all 'softy & snooky' ... just 'cos of Mika .... I'm not !!!

I agree...

There are thousands of Mika fans in Europe but they don't all belong to the MFC. In fact relatively few MFC members are going to the European gigs - the vast majority can't go so we're just as dependent on posted pics/videos/reports as anyone else. I certainly couldn't afford to go trailing all over Europe after him .

Well neither can we... also there are heaps of Aussie Mika fans that aren't on MFC... I mean, out of the 2000 people that were at The Forum, there were maybe a dozen who were members of MFC...

I've missed why you are now a literary smack dealer. What is a literary smack anyway? Being hit with a book? Books that deal (artistically) with drug taking?

Oh, right...

Well I write fan fictions including Mika... but not me... anyways, while SuperTwat was reading my firs story, she referred to it being literary smack, so I became the Literary Smack Dealer... I also had a fan club... with the creepy one (just in case Freddie happens to be sturking), ST, soangel and Fmbm...

Which you have done already, and...*das x 10000000*

Glad you're enjoing them...

I don't know. Because Europe/US seemed like stronger markets?

I don't expect that, I expect him to tour after the second album.

I hope for him to tour this year, but I doubt it very muchly.

Well he hasn't returned to Japan and Hong Kong either, he's only done to promo in this whole neck of the woods - hence the joining of Asia, Australia and NZ in our project *directs everyone subtley towards the petition thread*

Expect all you lke... I very much doubt he will.. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's doing a Hanson... I mean, I was lucky to get Underneath (which was released in 2004) here, and I had to download The Walk cause you can't get it at all... I honestly expect the same thing to happen with Mika... that's if the 2nd album doesn't tank :naughty: (THAT WAS A JOKE PEOPLE!!!)...

Honestly, if he actualy tours here (within a reasoable time) after the 2nd album is released I'll go to a concert in my full band uniform.

I noticed how much Mika's stage reminded me of something else..

kk6n2426_photocredit_alexlake.jpg

lunapark.jpg

Luna Park, Melbourne.. aka "Bogan Central."

OMG it is too!

Yeh ! my feelings exto mondo!

Morning Aussie types

Sorryy evening <after 18 months should know better>

*shakes head and refrains from slapping*

Hi Teegs!!! :wub2:

*huggles you back*

*snuggles witchoo to stay warm*

I heard it's snowing in the citrus city.

IT DID!!! It's all melted now though...

Righto, better upload the pics... and a vid I did this arvo...

I don't want this to come out as being sarcastic or bitchy, but I'll say it anyways... good for you that you can be happy for other people...

And cause I don't want to start a scrag fight I'll say a few other things...

1. my comment was supposed to be a joke... obviously I need to put THIS WAS A JOKE in great big letters next time... <- that was sarcasm by the way...

2. I wouldn't say the US has a much bigger fan base than here... besides, who says we have to like the fact that we don't get as many tours here? If we bitch and complain and do a petition, we're letting him know that he was fans here, and that we want to see him...

3. *points to magenta part then to Mika/Hanson conspiracy thread* I don't want that to happen to Mika, but if he wants it to happen, then let him go... and we're not talking about other artists, we're talking about Mika... don't know why you're even mentioning what other artists do...

I totally agree... like I did above, *points to Mika/Hanson conspiracy thread*

Expect all you lke... I very much doubt he will.. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's doing a Hanson... I mean, I was lucky to get Underneath (which was released in 2004) here, and I had to download The Walk cause you can't get it at all... I honestly expect the same thing to happen with Mika... that's if the 2nd album doesn't tank (THAT WAS A JOKE PEOPLE!!!)...

Honestly, if he actualy tours here (within a reasoable time) after the 2nd album is released I'll go to a concert in my full band uniform.

I don't know anything about Hansen. I didn't recognise mmmbop :naughty: You need to link to threads, pointing at the search box doesn't result in anything :naughty:

But Mika will tour here for his next album, and you'll be wearing that uniform (didn't you already say you would anyway? :bleh:).

Whatever happened to Hansen won't happen to him, so whatever. We'll see anyway.

You're mentioning other artists by mentioning Hansen :naughty: I'm mentioning other artists becaiuse Mika is another artist. And Australia is not high up on a starting artist's priority list. Home country/continent, check. America, check. Australiasia, uhh, do that in a minute. It's not like Mika is being ridiculous and cruel, but we just are at the end of the list of places to tour. Which is why I am all for the petitioning etc, to get us up the list, or at least get our name an underline or star next to it or something :naughty:

And here is a picture for you :wink2:

mika-main-square-33.jpg

IT DID!!! It's all melted now though...

Righto, better upload the pics... and a vid I did this arvo...

Oh yeah, and I forgot to MQ this :doh:

OMG - SNOW! HURRY UP WITH THOSE PICTURES! That is so awesome! :biggrin2::shocked:

I'm going to change my display picture and signature. I'm on a Mika high atm. (Can you tell? :naughty:)

Yes, btw, I just said I am going to change my display picture. Change it from what it has been for like 6 months.

And if JJL steals it I will give her a good bitch-slapping :sneaky2:

I don't know anything about Hansen. I didn't recognise mmmbop. You need to link to threads, pointing at the search box doesn't result in anything

But Mika will tour here for his next album, and you'll be wearing that uniform (didn't you already say you would anyway?).

Whatever happened to Hansen won't happen to him, so whatever. We'll see anyway.

You're mentioning other artists by mentioning Hansen. I'm mentioning other artists becaiuse Mika is another artist. And Australia is not high up on a starting artist's priority list. Home country/continent, check. America, check. Australiasia, uhh, do that in a minute. It's not like Mika is being ridiculous and cruel, but we just are at the end of the list of places to tour. Which is why I am all for the petitioning etc, to get us up the list, or at least get our name an underline or star next to it or something

And here is a picture for you

mika-main-square-33.jpg

I actually forgot to take that lemon chiffon bit off... I wasn't going to mention Hanson... But my big thing is, why is America so God damn important?? Nothing against Americans, some of them are nic, but what honestly make them so important? Kylie hasn't made it big there, and look at her success elsewhere?

And also, seeing as we are at the bottom of his list, what really makes us think he'll repsond to petitioning and all that sh!t?

Besides, if you really think about it, some of the stuff we have planned is a form of guilt tripping (eg, "This is what Oz is like CAUSE YOU WON'T COME HERE!")

I very much doubt it... but in case he does, I'll even try and convince Martin and Mika to wear it!

And I'm sorry... ut I have to say it... it's HansOn!!!

I'm sorry but I hate typos...

:jawdrop:

MARTIN!!!

:das::wub2:

I really only want Mika to come back so I can see His Royal Sexiness... :das:and kidnap him so he can be my sex slave!

Are there any more? :fisch:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to MQ this

OMG - SNOW! HURRY UP WITH THOSE PICTURES! That is so awesome!

Yes boss :sneaky2:

Alright, here it is... all I got for dinner were two tiny little chops and a bit of salad so I got back pretty quickly...

100_3409.jpg

100_3410.jpg

[/img]

OMG you mean it snows in Australia :naughty:

Glad to see the traditional snowman.

I actually forgot to take that lemon chiffon bit off... I wasn't going to mention Hanson... But my big thing is, why is America so God damn important?? Nothing against Americans, some of them are nic, but what honestly make them so important? Kylie hasn't made it big there, and look at her success elsewhere?

And also, seeing as we are at the bottom of his list, what really makes us think he'll repsond to petitioning and all that sh!t?

Besides, if you really think about it, some of the stuff we have planned is a form of guilt tripping (eg, "This is what Oz is like CAUSE YOU WON'T COME HERE!")

I very much doubt it... but in case he does, I'll even try and convince Martin and Mika to wear it!

And I'm sorry... ut I have to say it... it's HansOn!!!

I'm sorry but I hate typos...

MARTIN!!!

I really only want Mika to come back so I can see His Royal Sexiness... and kidnap him so he can be my sex slave!

Are there any more?

Yes boss

Sorry, it wasn't a typo, I genuinely thought it was with an e :P

America: No idea, because they think they are? So people think they are? Success in America usually = success. Or that's what people seem to think...

Yes, well guilt tripping is exactly what it is. And sure it 90% likely wouldn't do anything, but then we can fairly say "Psht. Mika doesn't even give in to guilt tripping. What a bastard. He knows he has fans here and he wont even give us a tour. Lets throw rocks at him."

Now we can say "Oh what a fool that Mika is, he should've come here and toured and then he would've seen how many fans he had!" *shrug smilie*

Yes, but that lanky fellow is in most of them.

mika-main-square-10.jpg

2647119336_a4360ac970_o.jpg

2646286945_567d668a1a_o.jpg

9712905.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg ,< They look like siamese twins :naughty:

Clipboard07-1.jpg

IMG_0028_614x.jpg

OMG you mean it snows in Australia :naughty:

Glad to see the traditional snowman.

Yeah, course it does! :naughty: according to the Sydney news, we get 6 snow days a year... what a crock of sh!t! In town, we'd be lucky to get 1 day a year where snow settles..

And the top one is the Dady snowman, the 2nd one is tha baby snoman... I made it! I would have made it bigger, but at that stage my fingers were cold and I couldn't feel them (we didn't have any more gloves left!)

I love the new avatar Oakie Doke!

:biggrin2: Thanks. I saw a picture I wanted as my signature this mornign but I can't find it on my highly organised computer so I mustn't've been able to save it. My computer was being bitchy this morning. So I have to go and find it again now...

Alright, here it is... all I got for dinner were two tiny little chops and a bit of salad so I got back pretty quickly...

100_3407.jpg

This one looks AWESOME!

The close ups make it look pathetic :naughty: But THIS one looks like some amazing winter wonderland :mf_lustslow:

And I laughed when I saw this one.

100_3409.jpg

And then spat drink all over my computer when I scrolled down to this.

100_3410.jpg

Love it. So jealous.

Here briefly. Just checking in. Not even gonna go near those review threads till after the school holidays I think. Then I won't have to fight my son for the computer! Even so... I need to spend more time with toddler girl.

See you around :wink2:

:roftl: Something you'll never forget.. Any plans to go to the new shows if they're near you?

They're all outdoor gigs. I'm not allowed to go to outdoor gigs :sneaky2:

' friends don't know what's with me mm mmmm you got me trippin' oh stumbilin' oh, somethin' oh '

The girl can't help it

Haha, are you blaming tall people for ruining your show? :hmph:

Your fault for being short :tongue2:

Heightist! I'm not short, I'm vertically challenged :naughty:

Sorry, it wasn't a typo, I genuinely thought it was with an e

America: No idea, because they think they are? So people think they are? Success in America usually = success. Or that's what people seem to think...

Yes, well guilt tripping is exactly what it is. And sure it 90% likely wouldn't do anything, but then we can fairly say "Psht. Mika doesn't even give in to guilt tripping. What a bastard. He knows he has fans here and he wont even give us a tour. Lets throw rocks at him."

Now we can say "Oh what a fool that Mika is, he should've come here and toured and then he would've seen how many fans he had!" *shrug smilie*

Yes, but that lanky fellow is in most of them.

mika-main-square-10.jpg

2647119336_a4360ac970_o.jpg

2646286945_567d668a1a_o.jpg

9712905.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg ,< They look like siamese twins

Clipboard07-1.jpg

IMG_0028_614x.jpg

Good points... Oh, and just don't make that typo again.. I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to typos...

Okay, you just made me a very happy little fangirl...

I ignore the lanky guy if Martin's in the pic... even topless shots don't grab my attention anymore...

Wait, hang on... how the hell did you post 8 pictures in that post??? I had to get rid of the smilie...

Yeah, course it does! :naughty: according to the Sydney news, we get 6 snow days a year... what a crock of sh!t! In town, we'd be lucky to get 1 day a year where snow settles..

And the top one is the Dady snowman, the 2nd one is tha baby snoman... I made it! I would have made it bigger, but at that stage my fingers were cold and I couldn't feel them (we didn't have any more gloves left!)

We haven't had a decent snowfall for years in the south of England. I think on the one day we had snow this winter there was enough for just a mini snowman. The neighbours think I'm mad, making snowmen at my age ...but somehow it seems right that you should.