REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Main Square Festival - Arras

Niki27

Sucks about all the things that ruined the day, but I'm glad some bits were really good :D

Yeah, but the show he put on definitely paid back for all that and more!!!! I looked like a drunk after, couldn't stand on my feet or walk straight, ask Avoca!:naughty:

I totally agree though, it's fantastic to see these pics. I wish I had been there. It looks likt they were all so relaxed and happy, and this is how I love Mika: natural and normal, and just doing his thing.

No big artefacts and production, just him and the music.

I hope Amsterdam will be similar to that.

Oh and he looks damn good in red!! I much much MUCH prefer him in Tshirts than in shirts, and in jeans than the "trousery" type pants if that makes any sense....He just looks SO good here!

This is to me the perfect representation of how his gigs should be :thumb_yello:.

I'm so glad for all those who got to see him that night!

Sara I 100% agree with you, and I'm sorry you weren't there, but trust me when I say Madrid will be cool:wink2:

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soem "Mika! Mika!" chorus, of course. Then the lights went off. Wooooooooooo. No Dolly parton to announce it, the band came in and the first notes, slower this time, of Relax. Martin was dressed up like a sort of Marcel Marceau-clown if you know what I mean, and it was so funny to see! A yellow Cherisse, Mikey with a black/white shirt and the new David with the orange shirt. And then HIM. Torn jeans with a customized red t-shirt with a sort of tail, like those ringmaster jackets: it was so cool!!

8 months since last time I saw him. OMG. He was such in a good shape! He was relaxed, rested, he wasn't nervous at all, and he was truly having fun, enjoying the time and you could really see it. He was stunning, really.

The setlist was pretty the same, except for the fact he didn't do My Interpretation, and the new cover which was brilliant, definitely one of the best. Too bad he didn't sing the new song, but it was predictable, the stadium gig was different.

Anyway there were a few bits in the songs a little different from the usual: Any Other World sounded minimally different and it was so deep I (almost) cried:blush-anim-cl:, during Stuck In The Middle there was a guy dressed up like a clown with a big round head who was making the tip-tap dance during a part, and joked with Mika for a while, very funny. Love Today was absolutely great, as always.:wub2: (hope someone filmed it). And Grace Kelly started with the normal version and ended in french. During Lollipop there were the usual confettis and a few people dressed up like animals; no picnic theatre. And the gig was supposed to be over, but they returned on stage after a few mins to play the Relax encore. Not sure if this was actually planned, but don't think so.

I think that's all, can't remember anything else atm, except that I completely lost my only neuron there.:naughty: I was so hyper, and happy, and...really, he was amazing. I don't know how he can get better and better everytime, but he does. And I tried to tell him after the gig, but I couldn't talk, as always:huh:

Thanks for the great report!

Oh btw, after the gig we saw the band: Mikey, dunno how, he recognized me and stopped. He even asked if anyone would be in Amsterdam: apparently there will be a surprise. Damn it, why does he have to spoil it? :bleh:

He also asked us if we liked David, but didn't manage to talk to him. Martin passed by us quite a few times, but no Cherisse or Saranayde :sad:

OMG, how much more obvious can this man be??:thumbdown:

Short of taking out an ad on the main paper saying "You must cherish my friend", what else can he do to try and shove his mate down people's throats? Pffff, *is unimpressed*

Sara I 100% agree with you, and I'm sorry you weren't there, but trust me when I say Madrid will be cool:wink2:

I can't wait to see you again!!

Thanks for the great report.

Btw, after the gig we met basically everybody, but nobody saw Bab, Kath, Abby or Jemma.:blink: They were supposed to come to Arras, and I was looking forward to see them again...Does anybody know anything?

Bab, you're coming to Madrid too: don't even think to hide from me.:naughty:

Oh btw, after the gig we saw the band: Mikey, dunno how, he recognized me and stopped. He even asked if anyone would be in Amsterdam: apparently there will be a surprise. Damn it, why does he have to spoil it? :bleh:

He also asked us if we liked David, but didn't manage to talk to him. Martin passed by us quite a few times, but no Cherisse or Saranayde :sad:

Oh wow a surprise, wonder what it is!! :mf_lustslow:

Hmm.. Mikey Mikey

OMG, how much more obvious can this man be??:thumbdown:

Short of taking out an ad on the main paper saying "You must cherish my friend", what else can he do to try and shove his mate down people's throats? Pffff, *is unimpressed*

[/color]

I wonder why he didn't ask you Sara :naughty:

Btw, after the gig we met basically everybody, but nobody saw Bab, Kath, Abby or Jemma.:blink: They were supposed to come to Arras, and I was looking forward to see them again...Does anybody know anything?

Bab, you're coming to Madrid too: don't even think to hide from me.:naughty:

Thanks for the brilliant report Mirtilla!! :huglove:

Had a text from Kath - she and Abby were on the front row with

Babs (and Jemma I think). Her text said

"Arras was incredible.

Managed to wangle front row thanks to Bab. The change in Mika

was clearly visible. He was so relaxed and clearly in his element.

His dad was just by us and it was an absolute delight to see the pure

pride and joy on his face. 20,000 there but Mika clearly saw us thanks to

the Union Jack. Sang a bit of Big Girls straight at us and waved

specially at us at the end. Well pleased we were!!"

Kath had been at the Paris show as well, but was much more impressed

by this gig!!

"Arras was incredible.

by this gig!!

Hello Wend:wub2:

They took the union jack:thumb_yello:

"Arras was incredible.

by this gig!!

Aw bless, that's lovely :wub2:

Soem "Mika! Mika!" chorus, of course. Then the lights went off. Wooooooooooo. No Dolly parton to announce it, the band came in and the first notes, slower this time, of Relax. Martin was dressed up like a sort of Marcel Marceau-clown if you know what I mean, and it was so funny to see! A yellow Cherisse, Mikey with a black/white shirt and the new David with the orange shirt. And then HIM. Torn jeans with a customized red t-shirt with a sort of tail, like those ringmaster jackets: it was so cool!!

8 months since last time I saw him. OMG. He was such in a good shape! He was relaxed, rested, he wasn't nervous at all, and he was truly having fun, enjoying the time and you could really see it. He was stunning, really.

The setlist was pretty the same, except for the fact he didn't do My Interpretation, and the new cover which was brilliant, definitely one of the best. Too bad he didn't sing the new song, but it was predictable, the stadium gig was different.

Anyway there were a few bits in the songs a little different from the usual: Any Other World sounded minimally different and it was so deep I (almost) cried:blush-anim-cl:, during Stuck In The Middle there was a guy dressed up like a clown with a big round head who was making the tip-tap dance during a part, and joked with Mika for a while, very funny. Love Today was absolutely great, as always.:wub2: (hope someone filmed it). And Grace Kelly started with the normal version and ended in french. During Lollipop there were the usual confettis and a few people dressed up like animals; no picnic theatre. And the gig was supposed to be over, but they returned on stage after a few mins to play the Relax encore. Not sure if this was actually planned, but don't think so.

I think that's all, can't remember anything else atm, except that I completely lost my only neuron there.:naughty: I was so hyper, and happy, and...really, he was amazing. I don't know how he can get better and better everytime, but he does. And I tried to tell him after the gig, but I couldn't talk, as always:huh:

Grazie ! :wink2::flowers2:

I can't wait to see you again!!

Thanks for the great report.

Ow, me too! I'm really looking forward to Madrid, we're gonna have fun fun fun all together!!!!!!!!!!!:woot_jump:

"Arras was incredible.

by this gig!!

Front row??? oh that's cool!! Cameras often zoomed on the crowd but we didn't see them!

"Arras was incredible.

by this gig!!

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

So I've looked at all the videos on youtube.

And 90% of them are completely crap.

But this one of Relax is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no7O8jlQX6U

And this one (also of Relax) is closer (front row I think) but the sound is painful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqTBWBFpF5g#

And the rest on youtube is just crap, I don't know why people bother to upload 20 seconds where you can't see or hear anything.

:thumb_yello:

Aaaaaaahhh.... Madrid out of any of them is the one I wish I could go to. Just because it's in Madrid.

I wonder why he didn't ask you Sara :naughty:

Yeah, so do I. I may have to ask Mikey that in Amsterdam.:naughty:

Thanks for the brilliant report Mirtilla!!

"Arras was incredible.

by this gig!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Oh I am SO pleased for them, after the fiasco that Paris was for Bab and Jemma.

Yes, fantastic show, landmark moment, etc...BUT nothing can compare to a gig like this one, where you are on the front row, and he is happy and relaxed and natural.

Paris was only good for us the snall time that he spent on the catwalk. The rest was like watching on tv, really.

Goodness now I wish I had stayed for Arras, lol!!

Aaaaaaahhh.... Madrid out of any of them is the one I wish I could go to. Just because it's in Madrid.

Really? What's so special about Madrid?:naughty:

Mirti, Sara: Madrid will be extra special, regardless of Mika and everything else: what I really look forward to is to meet you two again:wub2:

You should come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on!!!:punk:

Mirti, Sara: Madrid will be extra special, regardless of Mika and everything else: what I really look forward to is to meet you two again:wub2:

Me too, I'm really so happy about that!!:wub2:

Hello! I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks a lot for the reports, videos and pictures. He seems to be more in command of the stage than ever.

You know, here in Argentina there was a contest in MuchMusic. It's called "El concierto de tus sueños". The winner gets to go to the concert in Madrid, but the best part is that he/she will have access to the meet and greet and an interview.They are going to make a special show, and I would love to record it and put it on the forum, but I don't know how to do that:thumbdown: