REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Main Square Festival - Arras

Niki27

Aww man, Grey Skelly looks like some drunken pervert now that Luke is gone

it didn't work out quite well with GS in arras, no..

ok, my arras report.

got to arras with em around lunch time (rained). our hotel beautifully located (thx allegra, my hero! <3). just behind stage. if the stage would have been turened the other direction we could have seen the gig directly from window..:naughty: no j/k, our window face a small thingie that separated two houses), still many people watched gigs seating on the windows sills of the many beautiful houses of the square.

arras is very pretty!

we were shortly joined by pamette, which was great to meet, allegra and mirtilla <3 great to see her again after so long!!

queue was already long, but we could not face queuing for so long, so we decided to take our chance and queue just before gates were opened at 3pm.

allegra, mirtilla and I ended up 3rd'ish row lateral right to stage and had to stand for soooooooooooooooooo long in order to keep a decent place all throughout afternoon. I escaped a couple of times, to use ehm.. loos :blush-anim-cl: but hardly saw any mfc'er, but em and pamette, cause we were all so spread. the frenchies right under stage but far from us.

arras was very hard phisically.

other acts were ok (panic at the disco) again but not I got really excited about. I was just waiting for our boy.

during PATD act, mikey lurked from backstage and since everyone as just staring at band motion less and I saw him, I waved at him and.. he waved back at me.. :roftl: so funny!

weather was ok for the rest fot he day, but during the act before mika it started raining heavily and we got wet wet wet.. (not the band just us.. pun intended).

a lot of youngesters felt sick and fainted so security had lots to do carrying people away in their arms as fast as possible to the red cross point. :boxed:

then the man came.. oh god, you know me, not very swooney, but he looked GOOD or even GOD if ya prefer (pun intended) :shocked::blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow:

end of part 1

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he wore this red tee that sorta looked like a frock, bloody brilliant and red does it really for him, plus the ripped jeans (which are not my fave, never been a fan of ripped jeans) but the tee made up for it and he was just like over the top... incredible seriously. :shocked: even john said it, later on.

the gig was o.c. shorter than his normal ones cause of the fact it was a festival but VERY satisfying and no offence taken, I like it even more than paris. I think the gig itself though short, is probably my 2nd fave one. for its energry and the fact mika gave it all.

I spoke to john fo a while after gig (will report later) and he confirmed this was just letting go for all the tension stored up for paris cause he was quite nervous about everything not going as perfect as he had hoped (but instead it did in parc du prines, so he was fullfilled and adrenalinic).

set list, not in this order (apologise if already posted) was relax, bb, gk (with some lines in french thrown in), happy ending, any other world, sitm (a GREAT renditon with yet more tip tapping but a sort of RSB member: funny :thumb_yello:), new cover (depeche mode).. I cannot recall (honest, brain goes much.. sorry.. ) if he did more.. maybe holy johnny..? I get confused.. :blush-anim-cl:

lollipop and LT was there o.c. grand interpretations, he was completely over the top and we got a little eye contact too.. :blush-anim-cl: our right bit and o.c. front were the warmest parts and he rewarded us with quite a few detours in our direction.

and it was getting chiller, so he didn't remove his tee for LT which was ok, I always found it a bonus. the tee looked grandon him so he could wear it for the rest of his life and I'd be in heaven. :naughty::wub2:

crowd was VERY warm, even more than in paris, if I can say so. they kept calling him back, but he'd gone after lollipop (confetti back and he didn't wore costume, just a gigantic rabbit head). light went off and assistants started to remove instruments from stage..

people even started to go a little (another act after him, I felt bad for them.. )....

...when he came bloody back on stage!!!! and sang relax shirtless.. and not saving a tid of his voice as he'd done other times during the encores. full lungs all throughout the gig.. amazing to say least..

part 3 coming

after that we all tried to get out of the square (completely surrounded by bareers) to head to backstage entrance, which stood right in front of our hotel. fact is ythere was no backstage, just a stair to get down from stage and that was it.

some frenchies there told they spoke to andy and he had said mika was gone from there, and his mum and sisters were gone too. and so was andy by then.

we hung 'round a bit and followed the crowd to a nearby lane, to a place where the artist were guested for the festival. o.c. we had our share of wait again, less than paris and had a really good time, cause I could speak to some mfc'ers, like laurent, desert rose (it was great to meet you! :thumb_yello:) and a few others. too bad I had missed kath and abbey, rose and jemma for that gig. :boxed:

the band guys came out (no sara, samantha or cherisse). chatted briefly with martin and long with mikey.

mikey was VERY friendly and was asking me if I come to amsterdam, which I sai no. he said too bad, there's some surprise in store for that gig and I said too bad i cannot go. but he said mika put up others for other gigs. and he asked when I come to a gig next then. I asked if swiss is confirmed and he said yes (and so did john later, he said it'll go on my space later but it is indeed confirmed).

mikey said he hoped to see me in swiss. and we chatted about the gig, the new keyboardist, the waving we had done at each other on/off stage, his funny david hasselhorf tee and stuff. he asked me who we were waiting for and i said are ya j/k. he giggled and then I asked if john was in with mika too and he said.. john who..? :blink: I was like.. are ya serious..? and he said oh, john *inserts surname* and I said, o.c. john *inserts surname* I think he thought I was mad looking for john and he giggled again.

it was funny to have some consistant interaction with mikey.

after the guys were gone (drinking and almost missed the tour buss after... :roftl:), john came out to give instructions to security, in order to have a little mika signing: mika was supposed to get down from bus back right exit go all along bareer for signing (no pics) and when got to the front, mandatorily he had to get in from front right entrance, next to driver.

john saw me and came straight to me, shacking hands (we shook hands quite a lot in arras LMAO :naughty:). he said he'd to get in again but would be back for some chats later.

then the man came, not long after.

he wore a very cute hat and looked radiant. I was standing right in 1st row, had been there all the time, didn't even bother to move. he came down from bus and smiled broadly at me and said hello, and oh, you are here today too and how I was and if I liked the gig today. then a cuple of guys jumped in front of me to ask autograph and he smiled and said to me looking me straight in the eyes I come back. the guys stared at me like :shocked: and I stood like :blush-anim-cl:

part 4 to come.

the two guys stuck to me like if he comes, back, we anna be here, but I said they can move along bareer to follow him, get my place, i didn't go after mika (who was signing aall along the bareer as agreed), i just cared to talk to john and they were like :shocked: and I had to say it 3 times before they believed me and they must have though once again i was nuts

anyway john came to me and shaked hands again and we chatted a while, about my hoodie (we have a tradition of comments about my outfits) and a few other things, it was great as usual. we spoke a while about the gig as well and how worried and tense mika had been about pdp and how adrenalinic he'd been for this gig instead, letting go all tension stored and at the same time boasting off all his excitement. crowd had responded magnifically and i said it was his fault even thought I had decided to give up gigs for this album tour now I may reconsider, and do another gig, which john said was great but he also said I am hopeless :roftl:

we spoke about how great organisation was in paris and he was very pleased to know mfc'ers found it satisfying.

after a good chat and a good share of hand shakes with john, mika had reached the end of the bus, almost going back in, as planned with security beforehand.

I cached a glimpse of andy at the head of bus and I wanted to go and say him bye, since it looked like mika had to go in and leave. as I moved away to go from my place, mika saw me and kinda give me signal to stay were I was and came back! :shocked: as he had said.

he said me a couple of things, i for the life of mine don't remember.. :blush-anim-cl: i wanted to say him how I thought his outfit tonight was grand and how pleased I was for him pdp had worked out the way he'd hoped, but i my mind got blank, so I said smt like see ya soon and he said great and he said thanks to allegra (next to me) for a gift she'd given him in paris, which was nice as he had a sweet expression on his face. i felt very happy for allegra! :wub2:

then he had to go inside bus and took all the way round it (from the opposite side), contrary to what planned, to get to us again and I felt just :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

end of the story.

the two guys stuck to me like if he comes, back, we anna be here, but I said they can move along bareer to follow him, get my place, i didn't go after mika (who was signing aall along the bareer as agreed), i just cared to talk to john and they were like :shocked: and I had to say it 3 times before they believed me and they must have though once again i was nuts

anyway john came to me and shaked hands again and we chatted a while, about my hoodie (we have a tradition of comments about my outfits) and a few other things, it was great as usual. we spoke a while about the gig as well and how worried and tense mika had been about pdp and how adrenalinic he'd been for this gig instead, letting go all tension stored and at the same time boasting off all his excitement. crowd had responded magnifically and i said it was his fault even thought I had decided to give up gigs for this album tour now I may reconsider, and do another gig, which john said was great but he also said I am hopeless :roftl:

we spoke about how great organisation was in paris and he was very pleased to know mfc'ers found it satisfying.

after a good chat and a good share of hand shakes with john, mika had reached the end of the bus, almost going back in, as planned with security beforehand.

I cached a glimpse of andy at the head of bus and I wanted to go and say him bye, since it looked like mika had to go in and leave. as I moved away to go from my place, mika saw me and kinda give me signal to stay were I was and came back! :shocked: as he had said.

he said me a couple of things, i for the life of mine don't remember.. :blush-anim-cl: i wanted to say him how I thought his outfit tonight was grand and how pleased I was for him pdp had worked out the way he'd hoped, but i my mind got blank, so I said smt like see ya soon and he said great and he said thanks to allegra (next to me) for a gift she'd given him in paris, which was nice as he had a sweet expression on his face. i felt very happy for allegra! :wub2:

then he had to go inside bus and took all the way round it (from the opposite side), contrary to what planned, to get to us again and I felt just

end of the story.

Grazie ! :flowers2:

Avoca we love you:wub2:

Your reports are always a delight to read, had my heart fluttering in anticipation!!

Amazing to recall our funny times before Mika met you (when I told Mika you were Dutch.:boxed:) and NOW LOOK AT YOU GIRL!! Mika's BFF!!

Avoca we love you

Your reports are always a delight to read, had my heart fluttering in anticipation!!

Amazing to recall our funny times before Mika met you (when I told Mika you were Dutch.) and NOW LOOK AT YOU GIRL!! Mika's BFF!!

I am far from being mika's bff. as anyone of us but I'm pleased enough, i have to say :bleh:

what's BFF by the way..? :blink:

i think he still thinks I am dutch :roftl: will have to have a word with him :naughty:

umph

i'm quite jealous of all this hand shaking with john, avoca!

eheheheheheheh

seriously.......a warm felt report as always...thanks! i loved any line of it!

be jealous, he kissed me and allegra twice in paris. came right to us to greet us so :mf_rosetinted::yay::roftl:

Thanks BS, I've added the new links to the first page :thumb_yello:

Niki in fact the old 4 have changed as the person who uploaded them must have retitled them, so there are four dead links on the first post. Just housekeeping, sorry.

I am far from being mika's bff. as anyone of us but I'm pleased enough, i have to say

what's BFF by the way..? :blink:

i think he still thinks I am dutch :roftl: will have to have a word with him :naughty:

be jealous, he kissed me and allegra twice in paris. came right to us to greet us so :mf_rosetinted::yay::roftl:

BFF = Best friends forever

He kissed you??

He must think you are FRENCH then!!

Avoca! now i know what you talking about, he looked fantastic!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

Great report loved reading it after you told me everything yesterday, what an eventfull 2 days it was for ya, eh? :thumb_yello::punk:

mika-main-square-08.jpg

mika-main-square-09.jpg

Nice outfit:

mika-main-square-10.jpg

mika-main-square-11.jpg

mika-main-square-12.jpg

Martin is simply adorable, i love how he plays along with the costumes and such, as i told him on Friday he should keep wearing hats, he looks awesome in them. Mika, you look devine! red color is simply perfect for him and that shirt, is this another one of Matthew Williamson's creations?

Sarayde looks sooooo pretty, but i think on Friday with the over the top outfits she looked very good, the best i have seen her. :thumb_yello:

Now, i wish i would have gone to this gig...:thumbdown:

I'm baaack with Relax from the main square festival in HQ :punk:

http://rapidshare.com/files/127833446/relax__main_square_festival_-_Arras_.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/127829858/relax__main_square_festival_-_Arras_.part2.rar

download in the same folder, right click on part1> extract here (the file will be automatically extract and paste)

enjoy

thx a lot.

a request: ok, you know me and mika jackets.. :wub2: but this red tee is the new jacket for me :wub2::mf_lustslow:

ANYONE TAKEN FULL SIZE PICS OF MIKA WHERE YA CAN SEE ALL OF HIM, NOT JUST CLOSE UPS? WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE SHOTS OF THAT OUTFIT.

thx :thumb_yello:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=39071&g2_serialNumber=3

This is how he breaks his pants. Tut tut. Which reminds me, Luke Pritchard had a ripped shirt in those Kooks pictures from the same festival. It made me laugh.

I want you to post them. Asap. :naughty:

:das:

I'm baaack with Relax from the main square festival in HQ :punk:

http://rapidshare.com/files/127833446/relax__main_square_festival_-_Arras_.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/127829858/relax__main_square_festival_-_Arras_.part2.rar

download in the same folder, right click on part1> extract here (the file will be automatically extract and paste)

enjoy

OMG ! OMG ! Thanks a lot Renaud ! Fantastic videos ! WOW ! :bow: