Do you think Mika still reads the forums?

Ankmet20

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did as recently as a few months ago:naughty:

I always have a feeling that he does though...I would! For the most part, if you don't dig good you'll just find good stuff...maybe he stays away from the mikagasmic thread though lol

eh? how do you know he read a few months ago?

:naughty: I would stay out of that thread too if I was him...

haha here's his myspace blog thing, remember it?

Monday, May 12, 2008

My one day off in Connecticut, rain, and itchy scalp

Im sitting 45 mins outside of New York, planning the last few days of my US trip. I've been here for 12 days now but only have two more to go. As I started searching through the internet and going through comments and messages on myspace as well as spying into various forums(the latter always being a bit of a dangerous activity), it became clear to me that I needed to write something and let people know what I'm up to.

Tonight I'm off to watch Tegan and Sara at Terminal 5 in New York. If you don't know them, check out their song Back In Your Head. Its pretty damn good. They're playing the very same place that we all took over a few months ago. I'm also going to be checking out the illustrator Sophie Blackall's studio in Broklyn. I've spoken about her before. She illustrated a brilliant children's book called Ruby's Wish.

Its been a busy few weeks. Mainly, I've been working on the new album. Writing and demoing. But I've also been planning a few other things. Mainly my website and my short festival run in July.

I have decided to redesign my website and change the way that I've been approaching what I do online. From the very beginning, I always wanted a website that not only represented me, my music and my visual world but something that could take on a life of its own. I never really had a chance to make this happen the way that I wanted it to. SO... I have formed a small team, and together with them, I am going to write about what I'm up to on a regular basis. Posting things that we love from around the world as well as creating new art, cartoon strips, short films and loads more.

Ambitious? yes! but fun too. and thats the point. I suppose that as we have become less broke, creating things like this have become more possible. I know that if I started a normal blog people wouldn't be interested in reading what I was having for breakfast or which other musicians I think are asses. So that's not the point. Think of it as bit of an online scrap book.

We are going to start building the new site really soon and we will be looking for your help. So keep your eyes peeled for how you can get involved.

As for the July run of shows. You can find out where I'm gonna be on the LIVE section of http://www.mikasounds.com I will post the dates up here by tomorrow.

I have to say one more thing. I notice that the past few months I've been getting loads of messages and comments from people in the United States and especially from South America. I'm really proud of what's been happening with my music in Argentina and Mexico, Venezuela and all over South America. I am thanking you to high heaven for giving me an excuse to tour over there on my next record. Can't wait!

Right my ride to the city has been waiting for me for 45 mins. Its almost five and I havent showered or eaten yet. My hair smells as i have refused to wash it on a "natural" wash experiment I've had going on. Now that it itches, I've had enough. Screw natural. My scalp needs chemicals.

a bientot,

Mxx

Yeah I think he does...

Just to see what we're saying about his gigs and stuff. I mean, we give advice from the fans. It's like looking into the heads of his audience when he comes on here :naughty:

truee..especially with Rain debuting and what not...:thumb_yello:

i think he does,maybe not too often but def he does:naughty:

but i always wondered did he mean MikaSounds when he was talking about venturing into threads?:blink:

naaaah he exactly meant MFC.

mikasounds' forum is kinda dead and also boring:bleh:

i think he does,maybe not too often but def he does:naughty:

naaaah he exactly meant MFC.

mikasounds' forum is kinda dead and also boring:bleh:

lol see thats what I was wondering...I have never posted on the forums for his webby...

but i always wondered did he mean MikaSounds when he was talking about venturing into threads?:blink:

No. He may read Mikasounds too (as well as the French site) but I'm quite certain he ventures into MFC on occasion.

No. He may read Mikasounds too (as well as the French site) but I'm quite certain he ventures into MFC on occasion.

i knew:biggrin2:

maybe we should move mikagasmics into members only part:shocked:

or maybe i should change my avvie:shocked::shocked:

it isn't me though,:mf_rosetinted:

i knew:biggrin2:

maybe we should move mikagasmics into members only part:shocked:

or maybe i should change my avvie:shocked::shocked:

it isn't me though,:mf_rosetinted:

sleep with your eyes open. :naughty: :naughty:

He can't get enough of us! He's on here everyday giggling at our antics and making mental notes of who to fear! He's also quite smitten with some of us and just can't get enough of our flavor of brilliance!

Or was that the dream I had last night? :naughty:

:lmao: mika is mixing up our dreams with reality!:blink:

Yes. Probably not often enough to read every little thing that goes on here (thankfully!), but often enough to have general overview.

Other people in Team Mika read the boards, too. :thumb_yello:

scary thoughts.

I think if he only read Mikasounds, he'd be done very quickly:roftl:

He definately reads us, we're so interesting and in fact, we're the most vibrant Mika fancommunity soooo if he wants to know anything about himself he didn't know yet, well he only has to log in here:naughty:

Yes. Probably not often enough to read every little thing that goes on here (thankfully!), but often enough to have general overview.

Other people in Team Mika read the boards, too. :thumb_yello:

Oh yes they do! And they post :naughty:

Little Blondies seem to especially love it here. :mf_rosetinted:

He definately reads us, we're so interesting and in fact, we're the most vibrant Mika fancommunity soooo if he wants to know anything about himself he didn't know yet, well he only has to log in here:naughty:

:roftl::roftl:Well expressed

yeeeah

but imagine he read some of the things we write ... he'd faint lol

we know more about him then he does lol