2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July

Blue Sky

A little bit of "Just can't get enough": http://www.dailymotion.com/Nanouch31/video/10360832

wow pamette! you are an endless source of pics and videos!! merci beaucoup!!:thumb_yello:

You're welcome. :wub2: I haven't even got a camera :naughty:.

Thank you, people who's got a camera :bleh: and who put the video on You Tube. :thumb_yello: Thank you Nanouch. You pics and vids are great.

And don't worry people a lot more will come because people are sleeping. They're off.

Yep! It goes better but he can't avoid mistakes.

Yes, I noticed that as well, but it's only natural:naughty:

I think that because his accent is so good, it comes across like he knows more than he actually does...Then again that is only my impression as a foreigner so I may be wrong anyway :naughty:

Sara!!! Do you understand french??? :roftl:

Mika's french is so cute :wub2:

Well, a bit, yes...I used to speak it quite fluently but then I lost it...so now I can understand a lot and hardly say anything, lol!!

I think that all his languages are cute, cause he's so freaking charismatic:wub2:

I think that because his accent is so good, it comes across like he knows more than he actually does...Then again that is only my impression as a foreigner so I may be wrong anyway :naughty:

[/color]

No, no, you're right!!! That's exactly that. He has got the French accent because he was so young when he learnt it but he does a lot of mistakes. Sometimes, he uses words in French translated (bad) from English or which have no sense in French but we know they sound like other English words so we know what he wanted to say.

But sometimes, we are :shocked:, "he knows that word. That's a difficult one".

I think that because his accent is so good, it comes across like he knows more than he actually does...Then again that is only my impression as a foreigner so I may be wrong anyway

Haha, true that! :roftl: And so cute! :blush-anim-cl:

Un quoi? Un repère? :huh: *puzzled look* :roftl::wub2:

I think that all his languages are cute, cause he's so freaking charismatic

Languages, gestures, things he does, things he doesn't do... whatever: :wub2:

(...apart from the Relax Slaughter Remix Rave thing)

I think that because his accent is so good' date=' it comes across like he knows more than he actually does...Then again that is only my impression as a foreigner so I may be wrong anyway :naughty:[/color']

Exactly : he speaks french with a perfect middle-class Parisian accent and if you don't know him you can't tell he's not french. But what is cute is that he talks like a 9-year-old boy who didn't learn all the grammatical rules. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but quite often he takes english words and makes them sound french!

But, you know, a lot of french people make mistakes themselves 'cause french grammar is a headache!

So I'm not mocking Mika's french but he CAN still mock my english :bleh:

Exactly : he speaks french with a perfect middle-class Parisian accent and if you don't know him you can't tell he's not french. But what is cute is that he talks like a 9-year-old boy who didn't learn all the grammatical rules. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but quite often he takes english words and makes them sound french!But, you know, a lot of french people make mistakes themselves 'cause french grammar is a headache!

:lmao:

making english words sound french!

that's hilarious:roftl:

Exactly : he speaks french with a perfect middle-class Parisian accent and if you don't know him you can't tell he's not french. But what is cute is that he talks like a 9-year-old boy who didn't learn all the grammatical rules. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but quite often he takes english words and makes them sound french!

But, you know, a lot of french people make mistakes themselves 'cause french grammar is a headache!

Actually, I think he has a teeny tiny bit accent, not sooo parisian. He overennonciates when he speaks french :naughty::bleh:

:roftl: from where i stand, you all have accents... :: yes! you too cath85!!

or do i.... :blink:

You have one too then from where I stand :naughty:

OVERENNONCIATES :

I don't know this word... Isn't it a french word you're trying to make sound english :lol3:

:roftl: It's "trop (over) articuler (ennonciate) " in french :thumb_yello::bleh:

OVERENNONCIATES :shocked:

I don't know this word... Isn't it a french word you're trying to make sound english :lol3:

You have one too then from where I stand :naughty:

:roftl: It's "trop (over) articuler (ennonciate) " in french :thumb_yello::bleh:

enunciate.

I can't speak French though so take no notice of me.

No, no, you're right!!! That's exactly that. He has got the French accent because he was so young when he learnt it but he does a lot of mistakes. Sometimes, he uses words in French translated (bad) from English or which have no sense in French but we know they sound like other English words so we know what he wanted to say.

But sometimes, we are :shocked:, "he knows that word. That's a difficult one".

I can spot it, because it's like me with Dutch:roftl:. I learned it as a child, so I only have a very limited vocab, and speak like a 11 year old, but my accent is quite ok (or so I am told)

Un quoi? Un repère? :huh: *puzzled look* :roftl::wub2:

Languages, gestures, things he does, things he doesn't do... whatever:

(...apart from the Relax Slaughter Remix Rave thing)

Yes, that was funny. And I had to agree with the second thing, and make it visible :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

So I'm not mocking Mika's french but he CAN still mock my english

That made me laugh! HAHA! So true! He does it in a very cheeky way to see if he can get away with it, lol!

[quote:roftl: It's "trop (over) articuler (ennonciate) " in french :thumb_yello::bleh:

enunciate.

I can't speak French though so take no notice of me.

Thank you girls for this english lesson!:wink2: I feel like I'm gonna be fluent in english very soon :bleh:

Oh look! It's my 50th post! I should say something clever... :sweatdrop:

About the "Relax rave" thingie....I loved it in Brixton in Feb, but that was the only time where it actually worked for me.

Compare that (even with the broken mike incident):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30095110

To his Amsterdam one:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38345284

No comparison possible I think! And it's not only cause of the slightly different musical arrangement...It comes down to the actual strength of the music.

I pin it all down to the same reason why his "new" Relax with David aka Sunshine just doesn't cut it for me: It's lost its strength, the special grip that that song had on me...and all because this new guy just doesn't hit the keys in the right way, at the right time, or even the right key:roftl:.

Seriously, I think that Mika should pick a different song for the encore now since Sunshine is onboard- preferebly a guitar or drum based number.

Keys just aren't what they used to be:thumbdown:.

Sorry to be a little late with this quote!:wink2:

It works two ways. Mika gets stimulated by the way Luke plays and follows his modes through the song.

And that makes Mika put so much extra effort into Relax!

I miss the old version!:blink:

Thank you girls for this english lesson!:: I feel like I'm gonna be fluent in english very soon ::

Oh look! It's my 50th post! I should say something clever... ::

MFC is great to learn languages indeed :bleh:

Congrats for your 50th post! :thumb_yello:

you think? hahaha

Don't you?:naughty::blink:

"Un mikado" :naughty:

Where? :das::roftl:

GK in French: :dance_man:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Nanouch31/video/10365629

Thank you again Nanouch!!!! :wub2:

Mica, i don't understand what you say between "pour être ton idéal" and "toujours en cavale". :blink: I know that someone has got the lyrics but i can't remember who.

"Un mikado" :naughty::roftl:

I read it was "un bandit toujours en cavale"... When you listen closely, it fits !