2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July

Blue Sky

After the gig

p1020535.jpg

p1020536.jpg

p1020537.jpg

Andy when he came to speak (in French) about new things on the blog.

p1020541.jpg

Nice pics!! Thank you :thumb_yello:

Mika looks really happy there, it's good to see. And so nice in the simple Tshirt!

Andy speaks french? Wow....I would love to hear him, haha!

He comes back on stage after the gig. People screamed so loud because they wanted other songs.

ooh after the Relax encore?

Here he just came back for relax(encore) everyone was screaming for him, then after it, we screamed too, but he didn't came back...

dsc06510.jpg

Thanks for that. I bet you had a blast :thumb_yello: Looking forward to your report :wink2:

Reading "Relax (Rave)" makes me wanna :puke:, though :mf_rosetinted:

Mica was paid with only 150 000€ (the same price than Vanessa Paradis who has sold records for 20 years) instead of 350 000€ for Arras! :fisch:

*pulls out calculator* how many members do we have? :naughty:

ooh after the Relax encore?

Here he just came back for relax(encore) everyone was screaming for him, then after it, we screamed too, but he didn't came back...

After GK in French and Relax encore. I think he came back because the organizator (right, first pic) came on stage to thank everybody and to close the festival.

:naughty: I love Relax Rave. Takes me back to my London days circa 1999 when pop was dead and trance was the only decent music.

For me personally it was not exactly a highlight and thus didn't work as an encore in Amsterdam (my opinion) at all. :naughty:

I was thinking "WTF?!?" in a loop. :bleh:

Others, of course liked it. Maybe it's time for me to break up with this song :roftl: (at least if they're planning to mess it up like this at future shows again - the 'original' version in the beginning already made me :blink:, but the encore was just the last straw. Maybe they just wanted us to see it all in a relation, making us aware of the fact that worse is still possible. :naughty:)

Maybe they just wanted us to see it all in a relation, making us aware of the fact that worse is still possible. :naughty:

:roftl: I haven't heard the Rave version at these gigs yet. I'm just thinking of the encore in London in Feb. because that sounded really trance to me. But it was all rather impromptu by the looks of it...and I think Mika's microphone was broken or something so it was mostly music with the occasional "aah-aah". :naughty:

Reading "Relax (Rave)" makes me wanna :puke:, though

I love Relax Rave. Takes me back to my London days circa 1999 when pop was dead and trance was the only decent music.

For me personally it was not exactly a highlight and thus didn't work as an encore in Amsterdam (my opinion) at all. :naughty:

I was thinking "WTF?!?" in a loop. :bleh:

Others, of course liked it.

Maybe it's time for me to break up with this song (at least if they're planning to mess it up like this at future shows again - the 'original' version in the beginning already made me :blink:, but the encore was just the last straw. Maybe they just wanted us to see it all in a relation, making us aware of the fact that worse is still possible.)

I haven't heard the Rave version at these gigs yet. I'm just thinking of the encore in London in Feb. because that sounded really trance to me. But it was all rather impromptu by the looks of it...and I think Mika's microphone was broken or something so it was mostly music with the occasional "aah-aah". :naughty:

About the "Relax rave" thingie....I loved it in Brixton in Feb, but that was the only time where it actually worked for me.

Compare that (even with the broken mike incident):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30095110

To his Amsterdam one:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38345284

No comparison possible I think! And it's not only cause of the slightly different musical arrangement...It comes down to the actual strength of the music.

I pin it all down to the same reason why his "new" Relax with David aka Sunshine just doesn't cut it for me: It's lost its strength, the special grip that that song had on me...and all because this new guy just doesn't hit the keys in the right way, at the right time, or even the right key:roftl:.

Seriously, I think that Mika should pick a different song for the encore now since Sunshine is onboard- preferebly a guitar or drum based number.

Keys just aren't what they used to be:thumbdown:.

:boxed: I didn't even notice it! What a 6000th post!!! :punk:

You're welcome! ;) I love the end of Happy Ending. Everybody was screaming because they were impressed by his voice.

wow pamette! you are an endless source of pics and videos!! merci beaucoup!!:thumb_yello:

Around 2:00:

Mica: I went here when i was young with my father and my sister and i have never thought i would come back to make a gig because i didn't know when i was young... It's a real honour

They showed us the little part with Mica just before he went on stage.

La grammaire selon Mika :"J'ai jamais pensu que j'aurais revenu"!!! :shocked:

Je l'écoute en boucle :roftl:

La grammaire selon Mika :"J'ai jamais pensu que j'aurais revenu"!!! :shocked:

Je l'écoute en boucle :roftl:

lol i heard it too, but i thought it was cute :wub2:

hubby does things like that too. yesterday he said

"les bas que tu mets sur les souliers" :naughty: