The Dark Knight: "Out of the darkness, comes the knight."

So, I think this deserves it's own thread, simply because I saw it last night at Midnight like the insane fan that I am and it blew my mind. I hope others get to see it soon!

It was everything I expected it to be, and the characters were so defined.

As sick and twisted as it is, I have never in my life loved a villain so much:blush-anim-cl:

Heath Ledger as the Joker was genius: completely demonic and crazy.

AND, he was freakin hilarious! Of course...

Christian Bale as Batman was awesome as well, but that was to be expected.

I gotta be honest, I think Ledger stole the show:wink2:

There's also a really great message in this movie. You have to see it to find out, it's actually really touching.

dark_knight-poster1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to see it next week or the week after that :punk:

it's in released on the 24 over here :thumbdown:

I want to see it NOW :punk:

I love comic book movies :wub2:

I have al the other Batman movies on dvd :wub2:

I saw it last night at midnight as well. There were five showings and ALL were sold out. It was really a good movie. Heath was even better than what I'd thought he'd be, and I think the rest of the audience agreed because he was very well received. Honestly, I was captivated whenever he was on-screen and when he wasn't, I was hoping he'd be on-screen soon. They left it open for another and I know that a worry for the film makers and actors is how are they going to top Heath's Joker as a villain. I think it was Christopher Nolan who said Heath probably wouldn't be topped. That sorta hit home when you realize Heath won't be around for another.

All in all I was very happy with the movie and especially Heath's performance. From watching it myself, I realized it's not because he's gone that there's ALL this hype (some, yes), but because he really does give a great performance. He completely freaked me out.

When I was watching the movie I was so into it, I never really even thought, "Heath's dead." Until the part that I assume Melanie is talking about.

I saw it last night at midnight as well. There were five showings and ALL were sold out. It was really a good movie. Heath was even better than what I'd thought he'd be, and I think the rest of the audience agreed because he was very well received. Honestly, I was captivated whenever he was on-screen and when he wasn't, I was hoping he'd be on-screen soon. They left it open for another and I know that a worry for the film makers and actors is how are they going to top Heath's Joker as a villain. I think it was Christopher Nolan who said Heath probably wouldn't be topped. That sorta hit home when you realize Heath won't be around for another.

All in all I was very happy with the movie and especially Heath's performance. From watching it myself, I realized it's not because he's gone that there's ALL this hype (some, yes), but because he really does give a great performance. He completely freaked me out.

When I was watching the movie I was so into it, I never really even thought, "Heath's dead." Until the part that I assume Melanie is talking about.

I agree completely. I couldn't wait for his scenes. I was excited a year ago, when perez posted pics of Heath as the joker. I just had such an amazing feeling about how he would portray the character. I don't think anyone will top his performace, but they can try their best I suppose.

Heath was always in the back of my mind, just knowing that he wasn't around anymore...chilling :(

I'm going to see it tonight! I can't wait!

:punk:

*jealous*

:mf_rosetinted:

aww have fun tonight guys!

I'm planning on seeing it at the IMAX next...woohooo that'll be freakin awesome... very intense:naughty:

*even more jealous*

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

BY THE WAY, I MADE THIS TRIBUTE A WHILE AGO...IF YOU'RE INTERESTED

cool

but I'm never heard of him until he died :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

Sorry but I never really react when celebrities die, especially not when I don't know them :blink:

People die every day :blink: so unless its someone I really know, I won't shed a tear :blush-anim-cl: Might sound hard but that is the way I think about it.

OMG! OMG! OMG! All you guys who have seen the midnight shows - I am soooo jealous! It must've been incredible! And to everyone else who will be seeing it soon - have a blast!!!!!

I'm not much of a theatre-goer and usually wait for the film to become a DVD.....

NOT SO IN THIS CASE!!! I may not go this weekend, maybe wait 'til things die down (if they ever do..... NOT!) But I would LOVE to see it in I-Max!!!! Perez showed the first 5 minutes of the film on his site a week or so ago and I was instantaneously hooked!!! After seeing that clip I can truly appreciate, now more than ever, the inclination to award Heath a posthumous Oscar around his outstanding performance. Looking into those eyes - vast empty pools, stripped of any kind of emotion, not an iota of attachment or compassion to be found anywhere. Whoever the Joker ever was seems to be no longer present. Those dead pools - eyes which have pupils but no iris.... black holes... it makes the observer question if he is in fact seeing in to the soul, or if it would take much more dire straits to engage that lost soul within....... Something catches in your throat as you realize you are no closer to the truth today than any other day. An image begins to form in your mind: - this is a monster, hell-bent on destroying whatever and whomever crosses his path. THIS IS A MAN WHO HAS A FRONT ROW SEAT TO HELL!!!

And in the same clip the Joker was heard to say, in that gravelly, menacing

timbre, "That which doesn't kill you makes you strange"......

I really want to see this movie, I've been a huge Heath Ledger fan since his begginings... he was an amazing actor and everyday I woke up and remember he's gone... it seems so crazy :crybaby: *Breath*

Anyway, from what I've seen on the trailers, it's an awesome movie!! It has two of my favourite actors in the world: Gary Oldman and of course Heath.

I really, reaaaally hope Heath gets the Oscar with this performance, but yerterday I've read in the MSN news that is very not probable that he even gets nominated (the Oscar critics said that) We'll have to wait and see.

So I saw the "Dark Knight" yesterday and it was really good!! I was confused throughout most of the movie, but i didnt care because Heath Ledger was AMAZING!! and there's talk about Heath Ledger recieving an oscar for his performance as the joker!! the whole time i was watching the movie, i was like, OMG IT'S HEATH LEDGER!! :mf_lustslow:

its really sad what happened to him, he was so talented. I hope nothing like that ever happens to mika (but i dont think we have to worry because mika is smart enough not to get into drugs/ overdose on prescriptions.)

has anyone else seen the movie?? what did you guys think of it?? what did you think of Heath Ledger as the joker??

can't wait to hear everyone's opinions!

I have already seen it as well and there are a few words that kept popping into my mind throughout the film. Disturbing and graphic. I don't think anyone is going to walk out of that movie thinking that Heath did a poor job, because he is what made the movie so fantastic. I think the hype that's been made over Heath's performance is well deserved.

One thing that bothered the heck out of me was the crowd though. They laughed at any little thing that Heath did/said and I was just sitting there thinking "Do you all not understand dark humor????" They laughed like it was an outright comedy. Whereas I was thinking all along how completely frightening and believable Heath was.

I have already seen it as well and there are a few words that kept popping into my mind throughout the film. Disturbing and graphic. I don't think anyone is going to walk out of that movie thinking that Heath did a poor job, because he is what made the movie so fantastic. I think the hype that's been made over Heath's performance is well deserved.

One thing that bothered the heck out of me was the crowd though. They laughed at any little thing that Heath did/said and I was just sitting there thinking "Do you all not understand dark humor????" They laughed like it was an outright comedy. Whereas I was thinking all along how completely frightening and believable Heath was.

I laughed. You were supposed to.