The Luke Juby (the sober Gray Skelly) Thread Part 4

phunkygal

A very safe bet was playing her Luke's songs,and of course she's a little fan now . And you remember the guy making those didgeridoo noises? Chris Chameleon? Well ,he appears to be obsessive too

Oh really? Just on monday I went to see Othello. The stage was fantastic There always has to be some very innovative young director who will make Othello about salad

Oh but Mika doesn't have Luke's potential.(I am prepared to get killed here) Luke makes undying music

Mika is on the young rainbow side of life,and has a talent for innovation,and doing things people haven't really done before.Which of course is great,and he's done some amazing things,no doubt.

But in 20 years will you want to hear 'Lollipop' or 'Life gets in the way" ?

You should make her a huge fan :naughty:

Oh Chris the Master of Accents right ?I remember him such a hilarious guy :roftl:

Monday of this week ?:roftl:

I saw Othello when I was about 10 but I didn't remember anything even if I read it in the 12th grade :roftl:what ?they made othello eat salad ??!!

Of course he doesn't have .Luke's music is much more sentimental and unbroken :naughty:

I agree with you *bows*

I don't know what kind of music I would like being a 40 years lady.

I listened yesterday LICM (cuz I haven't listened for a huge period of time)and I jumped over 'Lollipop' I think because my heart told me not to listen to it anymore :shocked::roftl:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you *bows*

I listened yesterday LICM (cuz I haven't listened for a huge period of time)and I jumped over 'Lollipop' I think because my heart told me not to listen to it anymore :shocked::roftl:

TSK! :sneaky2: Do you suppose that 40 is old then? I am nearly 38 and still like Mika and LICM :naughty:.

But yes, now seriously, I know what you mean. And I love Mika's voice and his music, a LOT, but I do feel that with songs like Lollipop, etc, they are stuff that one gets more tired of, because of its uniqueness and ..hmm..in fact it's very hard to explain!!

I think that maybe one can identify themselves with Luke's stuff better because like Ioana said, it's all very 'from the heart' and raw and open, and that is something that will ALWAYS appeal to a broad audience.

Everyone, no matter how 'rugged' they may seem outwardly (is that a word??? It sounds ok :roftl:), has their little heart, and feelings, and this type of music always has a space. Catchy pop is different, it's more of a limited space I would say. And yes, maybe also more tiresome.

When I listen to his songs, I just love the soothing sound of his voice, the mellody, and the (apparent) simplicity of it.

Then again, I suppose that comparing musicians like that is not quite right. They will all have different styles, and that is good. As much as I love Luke's music, and the man himself, I still also love Mika's music and I feel that I have enough space in my heart (and mp3 player :roftl:) for both of them :bleh:

You are so right; we have music we listen to in various periods of our life, but you can also find a few songs or melodies that is going to follow you through life.

In the ups and downs just like a sibling or a very close friend.

Timeless is the word!

Exactly! Oh you put it so lovely! :wub2:

It is transported then - when you feel you are in a different place!!

Transpose is when you change the key of a piece of music so you

can play it on an instrument that is not concert pitch!!

I'm mixing languages here, in italian and romanian my version would have made sense :lol3: Now that you mention it...I was aware of the actual meaning of transposing. Guess I'm getting confused with languages

Oh Chris the Master of Accents right ?I remember him such a hilarious guy

Monday of this week ?

I saw Othello when I was about 10 but I didn't remember anything even if I read it in the 12th grade

what ?they made othello eat salad ??!!

Of course he doesn't have .Luke's music is much more sentimental and unbroken

I agree with you *bows*

I listened yesterday LICM (cuz I haven't listened for a huge period of time)and I jumped over 'Lollipop' I think because my heart told me not to listen to it anymore

Christopher of may sounds? yes yes -

Going to a gig in May! Cannot wait to hear that song live

Well no,Othello wasn't the salad victim :roftl: ( Tho he could use losing some pounds. I always visualize Pavarotti as Othello to begin with ) But the setting was a bit salad oriented (and my salad I man excessive greens growing from the stage)...until the fire came and the salad got roasted,but that's another thing

I don't think any pure pop song will stay with me until I'm 40. My absolute favorite song is "If you're gone" from Matchbox 20 ,and it's usually songs like that that you will be able to relate to in any stage of your life

TSK! Do you suppose that 40 is old then? I am nearly 38 and still like Mika and LICM .

But yes, now seriously, I know what you mean. And I love Mika's voice and his music, a LOT, but I do feel that with songs like Lollipop, etc, they are stuff that one gets more tired of, because of its uniqueness and ..hmm..in fact it's very hard to explain!!

I think that maybe one can identify themselves with Luke's stuff better because like Ioana said, it's all very 'from the heart' and raw and open, and that is something that will ALWAYS appeal to a broad audience.

Everyone, no matter how 'rugged' they may seem outwardly (is that a word??? It sounds ok :roftl:), has their little heart, and feelings, and this type of music always has a space. Catchy pop is different, it's more of a limited space I would say. And yes, maybe also more tiresome.

When I listen to his songs, I just love the soothing sound of his voice, the mellody, and the (apparent) simplicity of it.

Then again, I suppose that comparing musicians like that is not quite right. They will all have different styles, and that is good. As much as I love Luke's music, and the man himself, I still also love Mika's music and I feel that I have enough space in my heart (and mp3 player) for both of them

so old,and so young on the inside :floor: kidding!

I'm always for words that sound right,just in the past 2 days I've redefined at least 3 :lol3:

I compared them because it was at hand and because they are so different. They are almost polar opposites. And that's the point I was going for. You can love both,but it's very likely that just one will stay with you (preference wise I mean ) for years to come. Luke's music is obviously more mature and honest. And even if I truly love "Any other world" ,at some point ... it dulled up (that's not a proper word either,is it? :lmao: )

p.s: i'm being told to cut some smileys down,do wonder why

TSK! :sneaky2: Do you suppose that 40 is old then? I am nearly 38 and still like Mika and LICM

Christopher of may sounds? yes yes -

Going to a gig in May! Cannot wait to hear that song live

Well no,Othello wasn't the salad victim :roftl: ( Tho he could use losing some pounds. I always visualize Pavarotti as Othello to begin with ) But the setting was a bit salad oriented (and my salad I man excessive greens growing from the stage)...until the fire came and the salad got roasted,but that's another thing

I don't think any pure pop song will stay with me until I'm 40. My absolute favorite song is "If you're gone" from Matchbox 20 ,and it's usually songs like that that you will be able to relate to in any stage of your life

No way my mom is elder than you and she also likes Mika hehe :naughty:

And as I could see you're a very childish person in the inside and in the outside :wub2: even if you're an adult you also do and like what younglings and teenagers make .

For example when I woke up one morning and Lollipop was on the radio i caught my mom singing to it while she was putting her make -up .

God Ioana that it's so funny :roftl:

Nice where are you going to see him this time ?

How do you know what will happen in the future Ioa ,you never know :blink:

Wow I like If you're gone Matchbox 20 gorgeous song :wub2:

I even forgot about it

No way my mom is elder than you and she also likes Mika hehe

And as I could see you're a very childish person in the inside and in the outside even if you're an adult you also do and like what younglings and teenagers make .

God Ioana that it's so funny :roftl:

Nice where are you going to see him this time ?

How do you know what will happen in the future Ioa ,you never know

Wow I like If you're gone Matchbox 20 gorgeous song :wub2:

I even forgot about it

Yes,Sari is a pure blood teenie,and we love her for it :naughty:

He's Chris Chameleon,that's who! :roftl: He is funny tho. Last time he was speaking in dutch,but it was still so great,my abs were hurting 10 mins into it

He usually just tours Holland and sometimes London,but Holland is always near,so all good :thumb_yello: We should arrange something more local tho,huh? :mf_rosetinted:

I know myself,and I know I will enjoy pop songs ,of course,but they won't have the effect that say "if you're gone" has. I tend to tie songs to particular events of feeling,or a visual,and it's much easier to do it with songs like that

I mean ,if the lyric is "suckin too hard on your lollipop" what's there to visualize?what to you tie that to? :roftl:

Yes,Sari is a pure blood teenie,and we love her for it

He's Chris Chameleon,that's who! :roftl: He is funny tho. Last time he was speaking in dutch,but it was still so great,my abs were hurting 10 mins into it

He usually just tours Holland and sometimes London,but Holland is always near,so all good We should arrange something more local tho,huh?

I know myself,and I know I will enjoy pop songs ,of course,but they won't have the effect that say "if you're gone" has. I tend to tie songs to particular events of feeling,or a visual,and it's much easier to do it with songs like that

I mean ,if the lyric is "suckin too hard on your lollipop" what's there to visualize?what to you tie that to?

I know you told me about him .He is handsome ,charming and I can't believe he is South African :shocked::biggrin2:

5 kudos to him from moi

He is in love with Holland or with something else ?:naughty:

We can make a protest to come here too !South Africa isn't so far just 2 hours by train .

*starts singing Lykke Li 'I'm good I'm gone'*:fisch:

I haven't seen women over 50-60 years who lick lollipops yet maybe in the near future .:shocked::roftl:*sees sariflor interfering here *

I know you told me about him .He is handsome ,charming and I can't believe he is South African :shocked:

5 kudos to him from moi

He is in love with Holland or with something else ?:naughty:

We can make a protest to come here too !South Africa isn't so far just 2 hours by train .

*starts singing Lykke Li 'I'm good I'm gone'*

I haven't seen women over 50-60 years who lick lollipops yet maybe in the near future .:shocked::roftl:*sees sariflor interfering here *

If Blue reads this she'll start agreeing in very happy words :naughty:

He's a bit of a sadist really,harmless sadist but yes. You mean because he's not that tanned?:mf_rosetinted:

He's pretty huge in Holland really,the band he was in was pretty big there too,so he used that fact well. I'm sure there's more he loves about Holland too ,don'cha worry

I just got a bad visual of that lollipop thing...but I actually visualize someone well in their 40's doing so... :roftl:

If Blue reads this she'll start agreeing in very happy words :naughty:

He's a bit of a sadist really,harmless sadist but yes. You mean because he's not that tanned?:mf_rosetinted:

He's pretty huge in Holland really,the band he was in was pretty big there too,so he used that fact well. I'm sure there's more he loves about Holland too ,don'cha worry

I just got a bad visual of that lollipop thing...but I actually visualize someone well in their 40's doing so... :roftl:

Look she is here already :naughty:

I can't imagine him being a sadist really:blink: yes especially that thing :mf_rosetinted: and does he own a myspace ?

what was the name of the band he was into ?

He loves the rain and cold weather I bet South Africa too suny and hot :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by vanessa

Look she is here already :naughty:

I can't imagine him being a sadist really:blink: yes especially that thing :mf_rosetinted: and does he own a myspace ?

what was the name of the band he was into ?

He loves the rain and cold weather I bet South Africa too suny and hot :mf_rosetinted:

Who do you imagine doing that at 40 ?Rose ?

Yes,she felt the antennas tingle . I didn't even mention it to her,I swear :mf_rosetinted:

He's one in the sense of testing how intimidating he can be.And to most,it works really well . Not to all *cough*

He does...i think it's myspace.com/chrischameleon,if not,check my page,you can click him from there

In november he was saying how nicely he'll be going back to SA summer.Very unfair ,I might add. He's prolly all tanned now,when the rest of us have frostbites

And no,not Rose :roftl: Rose wouldn't,she's too sweet

Edit: The band's name is Boo

Ok people:

so old,and so young on the inside :floor: kidding!

No way my mom is elder than you and she also likes Mika hehe

And as I could see you're a very childish person in the inside and in the outside :wub2: even if you're an adult you also do and like what younglings and teenagers make .

Yes,Sari is a pure blood teenie,and we love her for it :naughty:

Should I take offence of this :naughty:? Are you people calling me immature? :lmfao:

Ok,ok, I will admit to erm..'having a young spirit' ...:bleh: Maybe this is why a long time ago, I decided that I would always have boyfriends who were a lot younger than me? And I took it so seriously that I ended up marrying a guy 6 years younger :naughty:.

My first toyboy had just turned 18, when I was 22.

I haven't seen women over 50-60 years who lick lollipops yet maybe in the near future .*sees sariflor interfering here *

Oi! I may be old for your standards, but I'm still a long way off from 50, LOL!

rosetinted:

Hi Blue! Nice seeing you here

Should I take offence of this? Are you people calling me immature?

Ok,ok, I will admit to erm..'having a young spirit' ...:bleh: Maybe this is why a long time ago, I decided that I would always have boyfriends who were a lot younger than me? And I took it so seriously that I ended up marrying a guy 6 years younger :naughty:.

My first toyboy had just turned 18, when I was 22.

Of course not,immature and in touch with the inner teenie are different things :mf_rosetinted:

Ok so what does it mean that I always end up with people at least 4 years older?

I never had a thing for younger guys. You know how they say girls grow up faster? Well at the same age one is bound to be a bit behind,imagine him being even younger :naughty:

Obviously there will be exceptions

I still like sucking lollipops - and I am in my 49th year :sneaky2::naughty:

You are the classy exception to the rule. I am sure you suck on lollipops with decency. Yes Wendi? :mf_rosetinted:

Hehe don't tell me that! Keep your secrets! :wink2:

I can keep my secret as long as I don't sneeze!!!

It's not the first time I have had to rescue them from the dogs :sneaky2::roftl:

You are the classy exception to the rule. I am sure you suck on lollipops with decency. Yes Wendi? :mf_rosetinted:

Of course!!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

What's all this ****ing ageism going on in here?

Oh OK all of us over a certain age will just go and sit in a retirement home.

But think on this.

Who will make your tea and do your washing then?

coffemaker and washing machine?

But apart from that,there's no ageism going on.Case of misinterpretation perhaps?

I think Vanessa was just thinking "whoaaa 20 years from now! that's a damn long time!"

I compared them because it was at hand and because they are so different. They are almost polar opposites. And that's the point I was going for. You can love both,but it's very likely that just one will stay with you (preference wise I mean ) for years to come. Luke's music is obviously more mature and honest. And even if I truly love "Any other world" ,at some point ... it dulled up (that's not a proper word either,is it? :lmao: )

Yes, I understand what you were saying and I do agree. Certain types of music are certainly more timeless than others.

How timeless is classical music for example? Ditto.

I also agree about Luke's music being more honest, in the sense that it all comes very obviously straight from the heart, and that is what it's all about.

Mika's music is often more focused towards 'effect' and 'atmosphere' and other things rather than the feeling in the words.

I mean ,if the lyric is "suckin too hard on your lollipop" what's there to visualize?what to you tie that to? :roftl:

I must admit that Lollipop is NOT my favourite :roftl:

You're not old at 37 :winksmiley02:

But I don't think you got my comment oh well :huh:

It's ok, I did get it, I was only joking!! :roftl:. I just wasn't allowed to put more smilies in that post and I thought that it was clear enough without them. Obviously nottt... :naughty: