The Luke Juby (the sober Gray Skelly) Thread Part 4

phunkygal

Here's Luke's new composition.

I love his songs, so mellow yet full of feeling.

He's such an old romantic although he will deny that. :naughty:

Oh, how did I not see this thread being 'revived' until now? :aah:

Yep, this is exactly what got me about this song especially, which is why I want him to sing his songs and not someone else (which seems to be his plan). He sings them so beautifully, so full of feeling, emotion, so 'from the heart', that I can't really imagine anyone else doing them justice.

The guy has a fantastic talent as a songwriter, which I know is what he wants to focus on, but I think that he's also a fabulous singer and he should consider mixing the two things instead of just focusing on the playing/songwriting.

Poor Lukey isn't getting much MFC love now that he's not embroiled in the Drama du Jour. :naughty:

This new song is fantastic. Enough waiting, he needs to have one of his songs become a super-ultra-mega-hit already. :wub2:

I know, I've had him way too neglected lately with all my Mika jetsetting, need to get back onto the Lukie lovetrain :roftl:.

yes, he has a lovely voice :wub2:

He does!

I really wish Mika would get him back for the new tour- Luke can play his songs without butchering them, and he has such a great personal vibe on stage too.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish Mika would get him back for the new tour- Luke can play his songs without butchering them, and he has such a great personal vibe on stage too.

Unlike someone else who I hope never comes back in his band.:naughty:

I love this new Luke song, it's great. I wish he'd put out a cd and did some gigs.:wub2:

I love this new Luke song, it's great. I wish he'd put out a cd and did some gigs.:wub2:

Yeah, I didn't like to say that in case I looked like a bitch. Oops too late for that, far too late. :teehee:

Yeah, I didn't like to say that in case I looked like a bitch. Oops too late for that, far too late. :teehee:

It has been said many times already, without anyone complaining, so I don't think anyone really cares:roftl:

I'll never forgive him for messing up Relax, which is my favourite song. Bah!:sneaky2:

Hehehe..:roftl:

Thing is, it's not about being or looking like a bitch. It's about reality. The guy just didn't fit in, looked like a cheesy boyband member, and didn't really cut it as a keys player. End of.

It has been said many times already, without anyone complaining, so I don't think anyone really cares:roftl:

I'll never forgive him for messing up Relax, which is my favourite song. Bah!:sneaky2:

Exactly. It was SO obvious when they started with Relax at Werchter and everyone was like: :blink::shocked:

The magic was gone, and Relax was the BEST moment of the gigs. I still think to this day that, later in the tour, he was "helped" by some recorded means.

Ah is it that time again? :roftl: Hello :mf_rosetinted:

I guess it's useless to say that the song is yet again,gorgeous

Man can pour his soul out more effective than anyone else and that's probably the beauty of what he does.

As Sara said,I really wouldn't want anyone else sing his songs because I'm sure they'd lose half of their magic. But it's his choice anyway,so I hope it works out the way he'd want to

thanks to make a revival of the thread(is it the good expression??!!)

:thumb_yello: i love it,his voice,and this romantic songs!!

Ah is it that time again? :roftl: Hello :mf_rosetinted:

I guess it's useless to say that the song is yet again,gorgeous

Man can pour his soul out more effective than anyone else and that's probably the beauty of what he does.

As Sara said,I really wouldn't want anyone else sing his songs because I'm sure they'd lose half of their magic. But it's his choice anyway,so I hope it works out the way he'd want to

Trust you to come out of the woodworks at the right times :crybaby:

Ioana!!!! :huglove:

Now, where's Meg? It's a Luke fan reunion party! :punk:

You know, I'm torn. Luke has a fantastic voice. He could absolutely be a successful recording/touring artist. And I know exactly what y'all mean about not being able to imagine his songs performed by anyone else. :wub2:

But he does seem to be quite attached to the whole songwriter idea, and in that case, I really hope some big names record his songs and make them into massive hits.

I really think he should start tweaking his music and pitching it to American country music artists. Seriously. Throw a steel guitar onto a couple of his songs, and he'd have a number one for Tim McGraw or Kenny Chesney on his hands. :roftl:

you seem so happy bout it :naughty: why is that?

I am happy of course, it's always a pleasure to see you around :wub2:

Ioana!!!! :huglove:

Now, where's Meg? It's a Luke fan reunion party! :punk:

You know, I'm torn. Luke has a fantastic voice. He could absolutely be a successful recording/touring artist. And I know exactly what y'all mean about not being able to imagine his songs performed by anyone else. :wub2:

But he does seem to be quite attached to the whole songwriter idea, and in that case, I really hope some big names record his songs and make them into massive hits.

I really think he should start tweaking his music and pitching it to American country music artists. Seriously. Throw a steel guitar onto a couple of his songs, and he'd have a number one for Tim McGraw or Kenny Chesney on his hands. :roftl:

I understand what you're saying, and yes, I agree. On the one hand is what we'd love, which is to hear him sing them, and on the other hand is what he wants, which is to just be a musician and have someone else sing them.........BUT Here's the evil masterplan: :biggrin2: We get him to do a little gig for us, just a bunch of us, private thing, and then he can sell his songs to some other artists.

We get to hear him, and he gets his dream. Everyone's happy :thumb_yello:

hey! :huglove:

Meg's on academic endeavours, biensur :glasses2:

He probably has a bit of a vision about who should sing it,and truth of the matter is,a song is your baby. Espeically his,which are so from the heart.

I mean I know I could part so hard from any of the songs I've written,so all respect to him if he can give one away.

And if I were to,I'd look for exactly someone to sing it the way I intended.

Either that,or I'd just write a song with not much of me in it,but I don't think he can detach himself like that,especially since he doesn't write the happy go lucky cheese pop that doesn't ask for much heart.

Luke and country...oh just give him a banjo :lmao:

Anyone would be lucky to have one of his songs,they're just too thick to realize it.

I'll reiterate what everyone else has been saying: this sone is fantastic!

It makes me :wub2: and I already have it on my iTunes! :punk:

Long time no see! :biggrin2:

He's such an old romantic although he will deny that.

Thanks for the link! That song is.. well.. it's Juby, need more be said? :wub2:

To add to the discussion: I want him to sing his own songs as well. They're absolutely beautiful beyond words no matter who sings them but his voice makes them magical.. I only wish he'd understand that. But if he insists on staying the songwriter and not the singer then I'm with Sariflor. Let others make the songs famous and give us the occasional small gig and I say even an album in a small edition! :mf_rosetinted: Win-win :biggrin2: (Win-win-win even as we don't have to deal with hordes of squeeky fangirls. :naughty:)

Trust you to come out of the woodworks at the right times :crybaby:

I have to ask; Do you keep using the :crybaby: when you're really aiming for the :lmfao:?

Sorry, random. :roftl: (I realise that if I'm wrong, I'll look like a complete idiot. But it's been bugging me for ages so I'm just going to have to risk it. :naughty:)

It's alive!

Good to see/hear Lukas on YouTube btw!

Yeah, it really is! :thumb_yello:

It's alive! :wink2:

Good to see/hear Lukas on YouTube btw!

Oh wow, and now Blue is alive!!!!!!!!!!! So nice to see you again!:wub2:

Thanks for the link! That song is.. well.. it's Juby, need more be said? :wub2:

To add to the discussion: I want him to sing his own songs as well. They're absolutely beautiful beyond words no matter who sings them but his voice makes them magical.. I only wish he'd understand that. But if he insists on staying the songwriter and not the singer then I'm with Sariflor. Let others make the songs famous and give us the occasional small gig and I say even an album in a small edition!

Win-win (Win-win-win even as we don't have to deal with hordes of squeeky fangirls. :naughty:)

Ditto!

I have to ask; Do you keep using the :crybaby: when you're really aiming for the :lmfao:?

Sorry, random. :roftl: (I realise that if I'm wrong, I'll look like a complete idiot. But it's been bugging me for ages so I'm just going to have to risk it. :naughty:)

You're not looking like a complete idiot: You're totally right. I keep using the wrong code :lmfao:

I will try and make sure that I use the right one from now on :naughty:

:naughty:All we need is Phunkygal now!

Yeah, where the hell is she? I miss her.

Luke is officially the sweetest guy ever! :fangurl::wub2:

Here's why:

NonoFmbm @lukejuby Ever consider putting up the sheet music for "Joanna"? ;)

lukejuby @NonoFmbm Ever thought about notating Joanna? You wanna do it? ;) Sounds like a lot of work and no pay to me. :)

NonoFmbm @lukejuby No, I was hoping you would do it. I'm bad at writing proper sheet music. How about giving me the chords? ;P

lukejuby @NonoFmbm Ha. Well if ur seriously gonna play it & can read well I'll do the first bit 4u. Though u'll have 2 tell every1 how nice I am. ;)

Dear Luke, I love you :bow:

My face no sad :pinkbow: