The Luke Juby (the sober Gray Skelly) Thread Part 4

phunkygal

they obviously don't hold a course in 'gather round kids and let herr Fritz demonstrate how to roll a joint and develop marketing strategies' :lol3: but it's quite common for kids to be in the schoolyard in the evening,dealing with the stuff

It's insane because so many values have been lost along the way

No ,she actually did teach me how to read at 3 :lol3: I found a drawing from when I was 5 and I had actually written a description to the drawing and the date. I was writing 'in the mirror' tho :lol3: Like when you'd look at the text in the mirror,kinda backwards.

Dunno,must have been my early on set genius :lmao:

Maybe one can squeeze in some family too there,before moving on to babies,but I think you gotta be able to raise the child when you decide to make one

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this discussion with some friends the other day. Basically, when life was actually hard and people didn't have food to eat or a roof over their heads, nobody had any time for depressions and self indulgence.

Now, I am not making depression or mental health issues any smaller than they are, as I have had my fair share of close relationships/relatives that suffered them, and in many cases these things are due to hard cold (brain) chemistry, but I think that nowadays we have turned a bit too 'soft' on our tolerance to life's niggles.

Life is not a walk in the park, yet people expect it to be easy and nice and fluffy, and this somehow makes us unable to cope with the reality of it, and many of these mental disorders appear.

If you go to a third world country where the only thing in people's mind is: 'will I eat today?', nobody has depression or anxiety or phobias, they can only get on with life and that is it.

Our modern cushy life is the cause of many indulgences, and IMO this is another one.

(I reiterate what I said earlier about genuinely mentally ill people, but my post touches on all the other people who 'feel' depressed or demotivated, and really just need a kick up the ass :naughty:)

in no way was it about making actual depressions a small issue,it's what you just said ,because of too much comfort some will make ridiculous things into huge matters.

And because this is a forum,a music forum,I'll just give the easiest example to come to mind. Depress about not meeting Mika or missing a gig.

Now I am in no way saying that those people don't suffer,because I am sure they do and I am really sorry it happens,but those are not reasons to get depressed for.

I remember being small and watching the news about the poor kids in Africa and thinking to myself " how did I get so lucky to be born where I was! "

I still am thankful for that,and I really wish I will be able to help those kids somehow one day

in no way was it about making actual depressions a small issue,it's what you just said ,because of too much comfort some will make ridiculous things into huge matters.

And because this is a forum,a music forum,I'll just give the easiest example to come to mind. Depress about not meeting Mika or missing a gig.

Now I am in no way saying that those people don't suffer,because I am sure they do and I am really sorry it happens,but those are not reasons to get depressed for.

I remember being small and watching the news about the poor kids in Africa and thinking to myself " how did I get so lucky to be born where I was! "

I still am thankful for that,and I really wish I will be able to help those kids somehow one day

:thumb_yello: Exactly.

And, as we're in the Lukas thread, I would like to add that being depressed because one could not go to see Luke at a gig is a TOTALLY valid reason for proper clinical depression :naughty::roftl:

:thumb_yello: Exactly.

And, as we're in the Lukas thread, I would like to add that being depressed because one could not go to see Luke at a gig is a TOTALLY valid reason for proper clinical depression :naughty::roftl:

That is the only valid depression reason,mind you! :roftl:

Can you imagine missing a solo gig,if it would ever come to that? That would lead to suicidal thoughts! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

That is the only valid depression reason,mind you! :roftl:

Can you imagine missing a solo gig,if it would ever come to that? That would lead to suicidal thoughts! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

If I was ever to miss a solo gig by Lukas, it would only be for one reason and that would be because he failed to let me know that he was doing it.

So in this case, moreso than a suicide, we'd be looking at a murder :naughty:

If I was ever to miss a solo gig by Lukas, it would only be for one reason and that would be because he failed to let me know that he was doing it.

So in this case, moreso than a suicide, we'd be looking at a murder :naughty:

you London (and surroundings ) folk :mf_rosetinted:

I could do murder too,starting with airlines and maybe bosses. It's good to be able to blame others,eh? :roftl:

"solo gig by Lukas-tickets now on sale" :naughty:

you London (and surroundings ) folk :mf_rosetinted:

I could do murder too,starting with airlines and maybe bosses. It's good to be able to blame others,eh? :roftl:

"solo gig by Lukas-tickets now on sale" :naughty:

Would really be a dream :wub2:- But first we need to convince him :thumbdown:

Would really be a dream :wub2:- But first we need to convince him :thumbdown:

Tell me about it... that Myspace player hasn't been enough anymore for a while now :naughty:

We should just make a list of at least 20 solid arguments for a gig,then use some Guantanamo techniques to get the point across. Reasonable I say :mf_rosetinted:

Tell me about it... that Myspace player hasn't been enough anymore for a while now :naughty:

We should just make a list of at least 20 solid arguments for a gig,then use some Guantanamo techniques to get the point across. Reasonable I say :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, totally! I shall try my luck on tuesday. You know, maybe some femenine charm can do the trick :roftl:

Oh, totally! I shall try my luck on tuesday. You know, maybe some femenine charm can do the trick :roftl:

I wish you luck with that!

You know that there's probably nothing I would love more than Luke playing his songs someday,but until he decides he wants to... I'm just gonna keep loving what he does digitally :P

I'm sure everyone is asking for an album,and they have been doing so for a while,but hey,in the end it's up to him

We should learn meditation and subliminal messaging techniques tho :mf_rosetinted:

I wish you luck with that!

You know that there's probably nothing I would love more than Luke playing his songs someday,but until he decides he wants to... I'm just gonna keep loving what he does digitally :P

I'm sure everyone is asking for an album,and they have been doing so for a while,but hey,in the end it's up to him

We should learn meditation and subliminal messaging techniques tho :mf_rosetinted:

He reckons he is too shy to do an album as it would mean touring

with it - and he prefers to be in the background!! :boxed:

He reckons he is too shy to do an album as it would mean touring

with it - and he prefers to be in the background!! :boxed:

I can understand that,there are people who feel more comfortable in the back,people who don't feel the need to be exposed.

And maybe that's why he can write the music that he writes,because he's more in touch with the deeper and more hidden sides.

Songwriting is such a personal thing and sometimes you think twice about putting something in a song,and how obvious and revealing you want to make it.

Maybe the obvious and revealing part is bound to be just in those single songs for him.

Don't think I wouldn't want to hear him sing those songs live. maybe we can arrange for a gig in the dark? And maybe we can arrange for me to be less philosophical when there's still daylight outside :naughty:

Edited by Ioana

A fine example: CLICK.

Sorry for the bad quality. And yes, you know him. :wink2:

oh I do know him, it's our sadistic friend!:mf_rosetinted:

those are lightbulbs tho,right? And remember,he likes the attention much much,and the benefits :mf_rosetinted:

good choice of socks btw in this one :naughty:

well great idea then,the place probably had a good feel...that is until he started taking too deep breaths

impressed by the music of course

The candles do explain why you were impressed. the outcome may have been different with lightbulbs :naughty:

• 4 months later...
Here's Luke's new composition.

I love his songs, so mellow yet full of feeling.

He's such an old romantic although he will deny that. :naughty:

Poor Lukey isn't getting much MFC love now that he's not embroiled in the Drama du Jour. :naughty:

This new song is fantastic. Enough waiting, he needs to have one of his songs become a super-ultra-mega-hit already. :wub2: