The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HK, sounds like a HOOT!

But what does "laugh like drains" mean? Did you laugh so hard you leaked?

I PMed you.

WENDI! :shocked: Nice to see you visiting the aussies. :wub2:

Hiya RS :huglove:

I DID go! Well, it WAS like 3am And as a matter of fact I do have a sore throat :crybaby:

And guess what! Something CUTER than baby ducklings came in today! I know what your thinking - "what on earth is cuter than baby ducklings!? please explain!" Well! It was ... a scrawny little bald baby joey!! But it just came in to be checked over before going to a proper wildlife carer, because we obviously can't look after it there. The ducklings are looking for a home too, because they'll get too big soon I guess, but every one has animals that would eat them. *glares at ambrose*

And I didn't forget! I'll upload the pictures now! (Not of the joey :thumbdown: but the ducklings - yes!)

Hope your throat is feeling better today!! :wub2:

The ducklings are gorgeous!!! :wub2:

:shocked: WENNNNNNNDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE !!!!! :woot_jump::huglove: ...

A very rare stranger indeed in the Aussie thread !!! I usually come & visit you in the Oldlings ... hehe ... not that I mind ... :wink2::wub2:

I know - I am just trying to get the hot weather feeling by visiting

you guys down under (virtually!! :naughty:)

I am getting about a bit - but spending less time on here than usual,

so trying to perk myself up again. Feel a bit lost :blink:

Awwww ... well just sit yourself down by the fire with me & my 3 pups ... :huglove: ... 'tis almost 1:30am here ... cosy & warm ... & we are snuggling up & watching old B&W British movies ... one of my fave pastimes ! Whilst also being on MFC , of course !:wink2:

I know, I know, the are the most adorable creatures in the world. I am going to be extremely sad if something happens and I don't now get to have them :crybaby: I NEED ducklings! NEED! I just don't see how I have lived my life thus far without them :blink:

Those ducklings are impossibly cute - I don't think anyone could resist them like this.:wub2:

But like all babies they will grow up quicker than you realise. You will have them as ducks for far longer than you will have them as ducklings.

How's that halo?? :naughty:

Awwww. I know that feeling. Hang with us some more :wub2:

Not seen this pic before (swoon):wub2:

dark.jpg

HELLO SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a rather feminine looking photo :blink:

(or is it just me?? )

Good Moroning everyone!!

:roftl: Contrary to CD's belief, really, I am horrible at most internet jargon, acronyms hurt my brain :naughty: *tries to remember*

But you're doing vetinary studies! You can't tell me that you don't have 50 million acronyms to remember everything by, like you have in nursing...

Here is some info, I have an 8yo autistic son who hates hearing music. So that restricts my Mika listening.

So today I bought this little samsung mp3 player, its like a big purple bead, so cool, just finished loading it with songs but need to get heaps more.

Does he play anything? And how does he go with your violin practice? (or do you do that while he's away at school?)

Interesting... my niece has autism (technically it's Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified... but that's only cause she wasn't diagnosed till she was 7)... She absolutely loves music... esp Mika...

Does your son imitate people? Britt does, esp when her mother squeals cause of something Harry Potter related...

My son wasn't diagnosed with his Asperger's till he was 8. Whether or not you get a diagnosis of autism or not depends on how you present, doesn't it? What signs you show. I didn't think it had much to do with how old you were when you got diagnosed. Does she get any kind of teacher support?

Aw, pity he doesn't like music, my life would be very different without it.

As for music players: I'd go crazy without my Creative Zen Vision:M. It's got also got radio, radio recording, voice recording, a video player, everything. So much better than an iPod - other than that iPod's are prettier in looks.

I don't have an iPod. Mine's an iriver. It's also got radio, voice recording, video player, and also has photos, but it doesn't have radio recording. I luuuurve it:wub2:

Hey Guys!

Long time no chat (again!) but life is still mental with work- I had to go back to Adelaide for a day again this week. I keep telling myself it will slow down soon.....

Hey Jols! :bye:

Its true DS hates music, not a big talker, never sings, has never learned a nursery rhyme or anything. He likes making noise, but if he's not making the noise he holds his ears. I can put music on quietly and sneak the volume up but as soon as it starts to irritate him its zero tolerance and he has a meltdown.

He particularly hates Mika, but that may be just cause we all love it and try to play it so often, he has just got to hear the first few beats of lollipop and he implodes.

My DS's meltdowns have dramatically reduced as he's gotten older and started to mature a bit. We still have tears from time to time, but nothing like what they used to be. Strangely enough, he didn't really have temper tantrums as a toddler. Unlike Miss 3!

And my son likes music and likes Mika (Praise God!)

Funny, that insane repetitive stuff they have on video games doesn't seem to worry him most of the time (as long as he is the one playing).

I am actually tearing my hair out with him at the moment, there is conference in Canberra on th 11th, I am going with his school teacher (and DH if i can convince him and find babysitter) to try and get some more direction.

There's a conference coming up in Canberra?:blink:

*wonders if she just hasn't checked her emails lately or if she's been sooo into MFC that she's been neglectful:thumbdown:*

hmmmm.. And somewhere else..

Oh.. Yes Sir Mzeeee :bleh: Let me get lunch quickly.. I'll be 2 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mika-fan1001 viewpost.gif

hey austrailia!!! how are u?

Hey North Cali!! How are you today?

It's cold here.. I'd say freezing but Mzeee up there would laugh at me and say "Live in Canada, I dare ya."

:wub2: Oops, haha.

Helll ya,!

Does he play anything? And how does he go with your violin practice? (or do you do that while he's away at school?)

He hates it, we shut the doors and that usually makes it quiet enough.

There's a conference coming up in Canberra?:blink:

*wonders if she just hasn't checked her emails lately or if she's been sooo into MFC that she's been neglectful:thumbdown:*

"Teaching Sytrategies & Behaviour Support, Autism/ Asperger's Syndrome"

Mon 11th August, 9 - 3.

Its by Sue Larkey, $95 includes lunch and morning tea. Its at the Ainslie Football Club.

It says there is a special rate for qualifying parents - not sure if I qualify though.

He hates it, we shut the doors and that usually makes it quiet enough.

Mon 11th August, 9 - 3.

Its by Sue Larkey, $95 includes lunch and morning tea. Its at the Ainslie Football Club.

It says there is a special rate for qualifying parents - not sure if I qualify though.

Why would you not? Bummer! I have something already on on that day...

Purple, I changed my mind a million times before the guy could even get the cabinet unlocked in the shop.

I plan to paint some cute pictures on it, was gonna get a red one and turn it into a lady bug, for now its just normal.

I just went back and found your original post about it, cos I remembered you'd described and you'd already said it was purple :doh: sorry:bleh:

OK, gotta go to son's school and drop off a form before I pick him up. Catch you later :bye:

OMG! Does the DC thing mean "Don't Care"? I bet it does. :punk::naughty:

I have never taken a pic of the drumsticks. Fo' shame. I must do it! I received them as a Christmas gift from my ex-workmate. That, and a fancy tin of Scottish shortbread... which I proceeded to bang (and dent) with the drumsticks. Oops.

nice liz! :roftl:

*starts a petition for Liz's drumstix to tour Oz*

:lol3:

:lmfao:

Yeah he has, the school has been great.

That's good then... makes life a lot easier when they're supportive...

Not seen this pic before (swoon):wub2:

dark.jpg

Awwwww... adorable...

My son wasn't diagnosed with his Asperger's till he was 8. Whether or not you get a diagnosis of autism or not depends on how you present, doesn't it? What signs you show. I didn't think it had much to do with how old you were when you got diagnosed. Does she get any kind of teacher support?

That's what the paediatrician said. Apparently you only get diagnosed as Autism if it's found before they're 3... Though I just looked it up and it said:

a condition in which some - but not all - features of autism or another explicitly identified Pervasive Developmental Disorder are identified.

And I found this as well:

A diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder will only be made if the 'autistic like' pattern of behaviour is apparent before the age of three years.

So maybe the paediatrician is wrong... though I did learn that chn with Apserger's don't generally have problems with speech, which explains why the same paediatrician said Britt didn't have Asperger's when he saw her at the age of 3 (even though she quite obviously was showing signs of Autism).

She gets a teacher's aide (don't know how many hours a wekk though), Occupational Therapist (she has the co-ordination of a 3 year old, and she walks on her toes which is apparently a sign of Autism) and a Speech Pathologist (some sounds aren't pronounced correctly - she was seeing a speechie in preschool but they said that it should correct itself by the age of 6).

She also ended up getting glasses cause she has depth perception problems (even though her eyes were tested 2 years ago and all they said was that she had a lazy eye)...

My DS's meltdowns have dramatically reduced as he's gotten older and started to mature a bit. We still have tears from time to time, but nothing like what they used to be. Strangely enough, he didn't really have temper tantrums as a toddler. Unlike Miss 3!

And my son likes music and likes Mika (Praise God!)

Britt used to throw some tantrums... they were never hugely bad, but she never dealt well with family gatherings (and we have a lot)... people in the faily were thinking she was just a naughty child (and they prob still do...)

Mon 11th August, 9 - 3.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't.

The name Sue Larkey sounds strangely familiar...

CD, here's the flyer:

http://www.suelarkey.com/media/Flyer_Day_Session_T3_2008_Canberra.pdf