The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

Year 10? *thinks hard* So am I! Well I'm gonna be in year 11 in september but we don't have the same holidays :bleh:

Good luck with the homework! :thumb_yello:

Thankyou! So far I've finished my maths sheet and I'm now working on a photography scene analysis.

Really? So, You're not sleep typing??

I hope not. :naughty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My roots are part Gaelic/Celtic & part Scandinavian ......

My mum always said "Tea Time" for dinner .... funnily enough , I have always said 'dinner' since ... I do believe that the UK'rs call lunch , 'dinner' ..... :giveup:

EDIT: How was dinner/tea/lunch Kelz ?? :naughty:

Well, you know it's entirely possible it's true.. Although I thought the timing was rather coincidental considering lately Andy was getting more popular as Mika's "boyfriend". Just another smokescreen..

All tucked away and never seeing daylight..

That he was... I still maintain that Martin was his first love...

That they are.. except when he's with his bf :das:

9,000 posts!!!!!!!

ZOMGlolcat.jpg

I love that LOLcat!

Sophisticated Whore. Milo Whore. Jelly Belly Whore.

And I'm the whore of whores!

I got JB's tonight! *FG*

I thought Melz would be more of a squee'er squee.gif

OMG! I LOVE IT!!! *SQUEES*

No! No! I did it perfect! Lambykins had no blood and I had just a bit in the thingy exactly where it was supposed to be! It was the massivest most fantastic fluke *wishes she didn't have to repeat this fluke in the exam*

Would that be a syringe? *shrugs*

:fisch:You could always get the lamb drunk by giving it a bottle with whiskey in it before you do it... that way it won't struggle as much...

Isn't IVF the "traditional" way and ex vitro the Brangelina-way?

What's the Brangelina way? IVF is done in a lab and implanted. I still have no idea what ex vitro is

Let's put it this way. "Vitro" derives from the Latin for glass; IVF means fertilisation carried out in a test tube (made of glass). Ex vitro fertilisation means that the egg was fertilised outside of a test tube ... the normal way...ie :chkn:

Or possibly via a turkey baster. Though technically that would be AI

:lmfao:

This convo cracked me up!

Hi Silver! How are you?

Yeah, I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it done before...ick.

Hey Arts! I see you're past 6969 posts :das:

That reminds me of this time when I was 16....

Let's not go there actually.

You have to now...

Yay for meeting Jolene!!

That looks like an interesting festival *notes Tegan and Sara will be there...*

Soon as you mentioned Tegan and Sara I knew which festival you were talking about... I read about it in the paper...

Oh yeah...I get a half hour break in that shift... thats about it....

(we get half an hour every 5 hours we work... or we start getting paid double time)

What? No 15 min break?

Sucks for you then... we get a 15 min break up till 5 1/2 hours then we get a 1/2 hr and 15 min... then once it's over 8 hours after taking the 1/2 hr off we get 2 15 min breaks and a 1/2 hr...

Oh and I brought Gravy chips today.

So'd I! *FG*

They're actually nice...

Because Twatty picks on me when I say I'm going out for tea. I have no idea why, but my mother's side all call dinner "tea". Must be the Irish blood.

We call it tea as well...

Whatever...

Explain this to me then... why is it that we call normal chips chips' date=' nad hot one chips as well? Why are they not fries? Huh? TELL ME! HUH???

It's cause we're lazy, that's why...

Just spreading the Santa in me, Kelz :rasta:

Well, it's not Christmas yet, Melz. 889a51a3.gif

Tea is a silly word for dinner. Tea is a drink. Dinner is a meal

I know!!! It's bloody weird.

Thankyou! So far I've finished my maths sheet and I'm now working on a photography scene analysis.

Ohh.. Photography scene analysis sounds interesting.

I hope not.

Damn, would be funny if you were.

My roots are part Gaelic/Celtic & part Scandinavian ......

My mum always said "Tea Time" for dinner .... funnily enough , I have always said 'dinner' since ... I do believe that the UK'rs call lunch , 'dinner'

When did your family move to Oz, because I was just thinking it might be something from back in the 50's and the European immigrants because both my grandparents said it too.

EDIT: How was dinner/tea/lunch Kelz ?? :naughty:

Very noice!! I had Caesar Salad. :licks_lips:

How was everyone elses??

What? No 15 min break?

Sucks for you then... we get a 15 min break up till 5 1/2 hours then we get a 1/2 hr and 15 min... then once it's over 8 hours after taking the 1/2 hr off we get 2 15 min breaks and a 1/2 hr...

So'd I! *FG*

They're actually nice...

Explain this to me then... why is it that we call normal chips chips, nad hot one chips as well? Why are they not fries? Huh? TELL ME! HUH???

It's cause we're lazy, that's why...

Its maccas... what do you expect...

No 15 minutes breaks.

And its cos we call potato chips chips and not crisps like everyone else. Going off what everyone else says, hot chips are normal chips

(oh and cos fries is used to describe a type of hot chips... the thins ones :zhhz:)

*blames working at maccas too long for that one*

Oh and we say tea as well...... sometimes...

Fair enough then...

I was bored, so I ended up stalking a girl who hated Mika around the forum before she got banned...

That would explain some of what I just read in the Mika and pink umbrella thread....

I'M OVER 7000 POSTS!!!

:toot::woot_jump::cheers::kachinga:

Congrats Teegs!:yay:

Awwww ... G'donya SD !! G'night ...

:roftl:

Well, I'm up cos I've got Hearty Beef Stu in the oven and it takes ages to cook (and I only started preparing it around 10:00pm:fisch:)

We say both dinner and tea... Depends on what comes out of my mouth at the time, really. People usually know what I'm on about:naughty:

Oh and that thing when I was 16? I find it kind of gross and embarrassing... I think it's an AMF story.

This Stu has grated orange rind in it and my hands now smell of orange rind...

Random I know, but I was sitting with my hand on my chin and I could smell it and wondered why (cos I was absorbed in what I was reading and forgot what I'd been doing... And don't you dare laugh OKD!:mf_rosetinted:)

Random I know, but I was sitting with my hand on my chin and I could smell it and wondered why (cos I was absorbed in what I was reading and forgot what I'd been doing... And don't you dare laugh OKD!:mf_rosetinted:)

*stops self & OKD from giggling * :angel_not: ... Orange rind smells lovely CD !! :cheerful_h4h:

Wow ... sounds like a yummy stew !:punk: *want's recipe* :biggrin2:

:lmfao: To Teegs's pic

:groovy: To everyone who also calls Dinner "tea"

:bye: Goonie Dightey to all who have gone to bed.

:lol3: to G'donya!!

:bleh: to orange rind hands

:das: to AMF story.

And I just finished assembling a computer desk. Tomorrow I will move my computer into the lounge room (with the woodfire). My new view will involve daylight. :biggrin2:

Soon as you mentioned Tegan and Sara I knew which festival you were talking about... I read about it in the paper...

Have you read anything about the Kooks coming there?? Why has no one given me a list of eastern states festivals occuring after January 5th? I demand somebody supply me with a list of festivals!

Explain this to me then... why is it that we call normal chips chips, nad hot one chips as well? Why are they not fries? Huh? TELL ME! HUH???.

I was going to try and make some form of comment critisising the word "fries" when I suddenly realised this name refers to the method of cooking fries and then became absorbed in what a brilliant genius I am for figuring that one out in only 19 years.

Very noice!! I had Caesar Salad.

How was everyone elses??

I had ... vegetables. Did I mention my mother is incredibly lazy and a bad/lazy cook? I maintain I did quite well on my meal the other day :hmph:

I was bored, so I ended up stalking a girl who hated Mika around the forum before she got banned...

Ohh that sounds fun!

That would explain some of what I just read in the Mika and pink umbrella thread....

The what thread?

Well, I'm up cos I've got Hearty Beef Stu in the oven and it takes ages to cook

Oh and that thing when I was 16? I find it kind of gross and embarrassing... I think it's an AMF story.

I think you'll find Stu is a person's name and stew is a soup-like-substance :fisch:

*goes to AMF*

Random I know, but I was sitting with my hand on my chin and I could smell it and wondered why (cos I was absorbed in what I was reading and forgot what I'd been doing... And don't you dare laugh OKD!)

:lol3: