Mika's charity work...?

guapo!

I was wondering if Mika is associated to any charity organization or if he helps any causes at all? monetarily or with his participation.. I haven't heard that he does.

I think anybody with fame, money and power should support a cause and help other people, I'd be nice to see Mika doing something, maybe even helping bullied kids, since he was bullied, or Lebanese people who have been affected by war, but that's just my opinion, what do you guys think?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did participate at Christmas with St Ormond Street Hospitals gift giving for the children, and he supported this year Capital Radios charity for children.

I haven't heard anything about hm setting up his own charity organisation yet though.

At the Beirut concert there was mention of 600 kids he invited. Not sure of the details.

I think realistically, you can only seriously get involved in charity work once you have funds over and above the money needed for gigs, recording the next album and regular cost of living expenses. I don't think Mika is rolling in money just yet.:wink2:

But that is not to say he isn't giving quietly to a favourite charity. He might be super generous and just isn't interested in having it acknowledged publicly. We may never know!! It is his choice really.

heyy that would be a great idea!

anyone who lives in england might of seen those advrts on the televison for children in need, when the celbritys say theyve been bullied

sort of like,

' i was the one you called names out louud ectect'

i think it would be amazing if he did something like that :wub2::thumb_yello:

At the Beirut concert there was mention of 600 kids he invited. Not sure of the details.

I think realistically, you can only seriously get involved in charity work once you have funds over and above the money needed for gigs, recording the next album and regular cost of living expenses. I don't think Mika is rolling in money just yet.:wink2:

But that is not to say he isn't giving quietly to a favourite charity. He might be super generous and just isn't interested in having it acknowledged publicly. We may never know!! It is his choice really.

I agree with you. Setting up a charity organisation takes time, and money. I heard about the poor Lebanese kids he invited to the concert, and about him supporting Great Ormond Street hospital at Christmas and the Capital Radio Charity 'Help a London Child'.

But even if Mika is involved with any charity, I don't think he'd make a fuss about it, thereby getting praise from mankind. To me, he seems the type to do things in secret, NOT to want a fuss made of himself, like some celebs do.

I thought it too, but I would be good to know what he is into, how the kids liked the show and all.. and he doesn't necessarily needs a lot of money, he has the power of his image

heyy that would be a great idea!

anyone who lives in england might of seen those advrts on the televison for children in need, when the celbritys say theyve been bullied

sort of like,

' i was the one you called names out louud ectect'

i think it would be amazing if he did something like that :wub2::thumb_yello:

yes, that would be a great idea!

he makes vlogs and blogs for free!!!!

it does count right?:mf_rosetinted:

lol.. no it doesn't... he is spoiling people :bleh:

1. He's done charity stuff and donations, but it was to various charities and on a personal scale.

2. He doesn't have enough money yet for big-scale charity work. He's got pocket money certainly (he complains he doesn't, but he's got enough to buy lots of toys), but really, most of his money goes directly into his shows and marketing and his staff, etc.

3. I think celebrities making a big-to do of charity work is tacky. I think even when Mika gets a lot more money, any charity work he does would not be very publicized. He doesn't seem the type to trot it out on parade, so I think he'd do it without many people knowing that he did.

--Jack

1. He's done charity stuff and donations, but it was to various charities and on a personal scale.

2. He doesn't have enough money yet for big-scale charity work. He's got pocket money certainly (he complains he doesn't, but he's got enough to buy lots of toys), but really, most of his money goes directly into his shows and marketing and his staff, etc.

3. I think celebrities making a big-to do of charity work is tacky. I think even when Mika gets a lot more money, any charity work he does would not be very publicized. He doesn't seem the type to trot it out on parade, so I think he'd do it without many people knowing that he did.

--Jack

I agree with that, cos I feel that if people have to brag and boast and shout from the rooftops about what charity things they do then it cheapens it and becomes more about them than the charity they are helping.

As you say, he probably hasn't made his millions yet as he will no doubt have lots of bills and contracts to fulfil and pay off for a while yet.

of course it counts! helped me a lot during sleepless july nights :thumb_yello::naughty:

I believe that most of people who make publicity about their charity work are not doing it to show how kind, caring, generous or whatever they are, but to get attention of others so they can help too...

...or I'm being naive...

it would be nice i think.. but i don`t think he has enough money for big donations yet

donations and charity in general is really good if it comes from the heart and if the artist do it for him/herself and not for publicity

yess :mf_rosetinted:

he makes me happy :bleh:

i`m a poor person who lives far far away from London lol

--Jack

I feel the same. I harp about that all the time. I'd actually rather NOT hear about Mika giving to charity than have him sell pictures of his babies to a magazine for charity. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

it's cool to know he has done it. I know he is starting he career and it's not like he is loaded with money but I think he could do more, I guess I have to wait a few more years when he is not so focus on his music.

And I don't think it's tacky, any charity work it's good and gives a messages, I think some celebrities do it for publicity, but I believe others are honest in their action and are just trying to get attention to the problem

of course it counts! helped me a lot during sleepless july nights :thumb_yello::naughty:

I believe that most of people who make publicity about their charity work are not doing it to show how kind, caring, generous or whatever they are, but to get attention of others so they can help too...

...or I'm being naive...

you're not being naive, I do believe they do it to get attention, not all, but there is honest people

--Jack

Well Mika IS very secretive, isn't he, about many aspects of his life. Therefore, I do believe he won't want a fuss made of any charity work he does. I ALSO believe that when he has the means, he WILL support a charity (or charities) but probably in secret.

I think charity work is so good. It grate he gives to charity. Volontry work is also good. I work at brownies (Girl Guides or Girl Scouts 7 to 10 year olds) They call me Eagle!:punk:

I love my little brownies. they are my life! they just mak your lif worthwile.