Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's with his obsession with twins? :roftl:

Well, he can see a bargain when he sees it....5 for 1 :roftl:

Christine :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:07 am

Nothing lightens a morose poem quite like some fat sweaty arms.

Christine ©

LMAO

Isn't taste in poetry quite personal though, like taste in icecream? As much as I'd like to pretend I'm intellectual, I just don't get a lot of poetry. It has to say something fairly obvious to me. And vanilla is the most popular flavour on the planet, even if it is the "most obvious" in a way. (Rum'n'raisin, butterscotch brickle, and old english toffee are my favourites, btw)

I agree, I think so as well, it's a personal thing.

I find it hard to get some english poetry, and I guess that it's because of not being a native...but maybe it's just because I'm not that way inclined. I guess I'll never know for sure :naughty:.

Hahaha... I like how you've copyrighted your statement!

How did that slip me? Time for bed I guess ...

Mine's not as fun :emot-sad:

I think that yours is cute and vehement.:huglove: It's not a competition!

And since everyone else is sharing, here are my unpublished ones (yes, I am a spammer, and I admit to it publicly):

sariflor :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:11 am

Ok, sorry but I also need to comment on this…a bit like a Mr.Men,(which I LOVE), yes, but also a bit like Mr. Potatoe Head.

And now I REALLY am off to read the blooming thing, lol!!!

xx

Sara

sariflor :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:33 am

At the risk of spamming you tonight, here is another comment now, this time with my verdict on the poems.

I think that this is the sort of stuff that you need to read when you’re in quite a good mood, as it tends to bring me down when I’m already a bit sad or so…It’s quite poignant, but a bit harsh I find.

I personally prefer slightly happier reads, or something that even though is sad, can have a message of hope in it, even if very slight.

This poem that you posted (the first one) deeply disturbs me.

I see in it the majorly depressed person, people who are so unhappy, lives that seem wasted…I don’t know, it seems a bit hard to read.

The second one has a bit more irony in it, a bit more humour, but still, I find them both quite “depressed”. I know that this is what they are, and the idea, but I hope that you know what I mean by this. :o)

I’ll look more stuff up on him to see if I can find others that are slightly lighter hearted.

Btw- I love his quote “These words I write keep me from total madness”

I wish everyone had a proven method like that. I guess you do with the songwriting, but others have to search out for our own ways….

Have a great Birthday weekend!!

xxx

Sara

Well, he can see a bargain when he sees it....5 for 1 :roftl:

He probably prefers triplets...then he wouldn't need to use his "I have OCD" excuse when buying things in pairs of 3 :naughty:

I find it hard to get some english poetry, and I guess that it's because of not being a native...but maybe it's just because I'm not that way inclined. I guess I'll never know for sure :naughty:.

It's hard for me to believe you aren't a native english speaker. Your english is better than mine!

I think that yours is cute and vehement.:huglove: It's not a competition!

sariflor :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:33 am

At the risk of spamming you tonight, here is another comment now, this time with my verdict on the poems.

I think that this is the sort of stuff that you need to read when you’re in quite a good mood, as it tends to bring me down when I’m already a bit sad or so…It’s quite poignant, but a bit harsh I find.

I personally prefer slightly happier reads, or something that even though is sad, can have a message of hope in it, even if very slight.

This poem that you posted (the first one) deeply disturbs me.

I see in it the majorly depressed person, people who are so unhappy, lives that seem wasted…I don’t know, it seems a bit hard to read.

The second one has a bit more irony in it, a bit more humour, but still, I find them both quite “depressed”. I know that this is what they are, and the idea, but I hope that you know what I mean by this. :o)

I’ll look more stuff up on him to see if I can find others that are slightly lighter hearted.

Btw- I love his quote “These words I write keep me from total madness”

I wish everyone had a proven method like that. I guess you do with the songwriting, but others have to search out for our own ways….

Have a great Birthday weekend!!

xxx

Sara

I have so many ways . I write poems, stories and musics, I quote musics lyrics. . . I forgot a boy I loved for 4 years singing "My Interpretation" . :roftl:

Maybe I should share my own poetry with Mika. It's quite accessible. :naughty:

The Big Bang

Yesterday

The vacuum cleaner

exploded.

Dust bunnies sent their shrieks

Into my newly suctioned air

And hung like swollen moth(ball)s

In the swirling space.

My little red dirt devil

gone to

Hell.

It must be true.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

--Jack

The Big Bang

Yesterday

The vacuum cleaner

exploded.

In the swirling space.

My little red dirt devil

gone to

Hell.

It must be true.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

--Jack

Jack, that's fantastic! The physics allusion is hilarious. I'm thoroughly impressed, though I guess I shouldn't have expected any less. Keep it up, really.

The Big Bang

Yesterday

The vacuum cleaner

exploded.

In the swirling space.

My little red dirt devil

gone to

Hell.

It must be true.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

--Jack

Can I say I think you are crazy ?

No I had to copyright my name because someone has appropriated it to spam his blog with ASCII sunshine and butterflies. :sneaky2:

Oh... LOL... yes, I saw that. I knew it wasn't you of course, but I guess Mika wouldn't.

You should sign it "The REAL Christine".

Hahah, why?

--Jack

I dunno . Your poem it's just crazy for me . Or maybe it's just because I don't know some words so, maybe, I'm not getting the real mean of the poem . :roftl:

But anyway . . . I guess Mika wouldn't like my poetry, it's just to dark . I always write about dead, suicide and failed loves . . . I don't know why, cause I'm not a dark person, but whatever . I'm idot . :roftl:

The Big Bang

Yesterday

The vacuum cleaner

exploded.

In the swirling space.

My little red dirt devil

gone to

Hell.

It must be true.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

--Jack

ooo you ARE naughty (maybe even little miss naughty)....but I like ya lol

The Big Bang

Yesterday

The vacuum cleaner

exploded.

In the swirling space.

My little red dirt devil

gone to

Hell.

It must be true.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

--Jack

It's art as well. compared to some things I've read, you're fantastic!

No offense, I like your essays more :thumb_yello:

I told Mika I'm not that smart to write a philosophical comment...:naughty: and complaint because it's hard to get for foreign readers like me :)

I dunno . Your poem it's just crazy for me . Or maybe it's just because I don't know some words so, maybe, I'm not getting the real mean of the poem . :roftl:

I think the whole "meaning" of the poem depends on whether one gets the joke at the end of it or not. :naughty: So I guess it requires knowledge of some basic physics aphorisms?

--Jack

*has just read blog*

I liked the poem. And Mika was totally right, I giggled at the end.

And that drawing did look like Mr. Men! I have some of those books:naughty:

OMG so do we! We used to have loads of those books. Still do, but don't know exactly where? Don't think we had this one. Should of though, lol:

af_7.jpg

I think the whole "meaning" of the poem depends on whether one gets the joke at the end of it or not. :naughty: So I guess it requires knowledge of some basic physics aphorisms?

--Jack

I tried to read your poem again and well . . . I really can't get what you are saying . My English it's not that good . . . but I wish it was . :mf_rosetinted: