Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

The visual image I have is of the fans being piranhas, sticking their hungry heads out the water, mouths open, ready to eat the blogs as soon as they come out, and a second later ready for their next meal again :roftl:.

I always have a mental picture of baby birds, with their mouths open, waiting to be fed:naughty:

:blush-anim-cl: I'm interested in that recipe too.

Hope she'll be willing to share it, publicly.

I'm actually thinking of starting a recipe thread, since I seem to give out a lot of recipes on here, but that just seems so Mumsy!:naughty:

OK. Silver, tell Bananas to close her eyes.

Easy Banana Cake

60g butter

1/2 cup caster sugar

1 egg

1 tspn imitation vanilla essence

1 cup self-raising flour

1/4 cup milk

1 ripe banana, mashed

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm ring tin. Melt butter in large saucepan, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then add sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat well with a wooden spoon until smooth. Sift in flour, then add milk and mashed banana. Stir until just mixed. Spread evenly in tin. Bake for 30 minutes. Ice cake when cold. (It didn't say anything about letting it sit in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack but I did that...)

Icing

1 cup icing sugar

1 Tblspn butter

1 tspn lemon rind

1 tspn lemon juice

Sift icing sugar into bowl. Add other ingredients and a little bit of hot water. Mix until desired consistency achieved. Spread over cold cake.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow I was actually thinking of a cooking thread too, since so many of us are from different parts of the world, it would be so cool to learn a traditional dish that I have never heard of from another part of the world :punk:

Oh wow I was actually thinking of a cooking thread too, since so many of us are from different parts of the world, it would be so cool to learn a traditional dish that I have never heard of from another part of the world :punk:

I don't know how traditional banana cake is or the other recipes that I've given (including chocolate fudge cake, peanut butter bikkies, chocolate beetroot cake, hearty beef stu etc) LOL!:naughty:

I don't know how traditional banana cake is or the other recipes that I've given (including chocolate fudge cake, peanut butter bikkies, chocolate beetroot cake, hearty beef stu etc) LOL!:naughty:

lol did you find them on the internet? :roftl: :roftl:

Thanks for the thread Christine and to everyone else who likes the idea. Come on over and post your recipes! (I swear I feel like a member of the CWA...)

mmmm.. CWA???:blush-anim-cl:

mmmm.. CWA???:blush-anim-cl:

Sorry, it's an Australian thing. The Country Women's Association. And whilst it would be sterotypical to suggest that it was made up of old ladies who tend to share recipes (cos they do a lot more and not everyone is old), that's the mental image a lot of people get when they think of them and so that's what I feel like:naughty:

Sorry, it's an Australian thing. The Country Women's Association. And whilst it would be sterotypical to suggest that it was made up of old ladies who tend to share recipes (cos they do a lot more and not everyone is old), that's the mental image a lot of people get when they think of them and so that's what I feel like:naughty:

oh ok i see, thanks!

something like Martha Stewart then:naughty: