The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got quite excited to hear Thanh do a John Farnham song, cos the minute I heard his audition I thought he sounded just like Farnsy. But it wasn't quite as good as it could have been. Chrislyn was amazing, as usual. Tom was less than brilliant, as usual...

If that girl ever has a bad day, I'll be shocked... and likely drop dead..

Thanh doesn't really have a strong enough voice for John's songs... ANd I was quite disappointed about the no bagpipes bit...

Oh, and did you see that Tom's no longer there? Though I felt sorry for the kid when that girl in the front grabbed hold of him... I think she's old enough to know better...

Actually, what Darren said to Tom was interesting... People don't like you as much as you think... but people don't hate you as much as you think either... Maybe we should tell that to Mika?

Wes totally and completely rocked the joint. He's just brilliant. Teale wasn't bad, Sophie's I missed cos my 11yr old came out complaining about his sore knee (ft huge scrapes and scratches caused by coming off his bike earlier in the day). I've caught up with it today on the Idol site and it was actually a lot better than I expected. Luke didn't murder Chisel, thankfully, I didn't like the song Roshani did but I thought she sang it well although she seemed very nervous (for her). Mark was good, but then he usually is. And I really didn't like Madam's performance. It so didn't suit her voice and her style, but I still think she's great.

Wes did well... I don't mind him now... ad long as he stays away from tht U2... and loses the hat! :naughty:

I think Darren thought Teale was a bit of alright... that's okay, I thought Teale was a bit of alright too! :das: Something about his eyes...

I agree that Sophie should have been booted last week, but in a way I'm glad she wasn't cos it was good to hear her do something more like herself. I think that's the shame with the people who get booted early..., we don't get a chance to hear more of their repertoire and different sides to them. If Madam had done last night's performance at the final 12 deciders, she might not have made it. It just goes to show that song choice, arrangement, and choosing they style you're going to sing it in, can count just as much as the actual delivery of the song.

It's a huge part of it... so's looks too... then again, Shannon Noll got 2nd, and his voice isn't as good as a lot of others... nor is he as pretty as Guy...

I thought it was a really good interpretation of the song... though Madam really need to stick with what suite her voice... She's not going to go well with Abba though...

F**king Abba...

Teegs, I'm gonna be up in Bowral this weekend... Anywhere near you? (I know, I know, I'll go and google it...)

Not exactly... won't make much difference anyways, I'm going to Sydney to see RBSKY! :punk:

OK, so I've just looked at a map. And while Bowral is closer to Orange than Canberra is, it's not what you'd call close at all:naughty:

Not exactly...

Next time I'm in the neighbourhood we'll have to meet up...

I hate all ages gigs!

Oh please...Bianca is more excited than the two of us put together!!

I would have to agree about Madam....song choice has always been vital on Idol. Quite a few Idols have gone after picking obscure songs!

I've been to an 18+ gig and an all ages gig... the 18+ one was Mika, and the all ages was Vanessa Amorosi... I doubt little kids will be going to this one, and as long as they're old enough to push back, it's all good!

Absolutely... though some people think that the favourite will get enough votes and then they get booted off... Ricki-Lee comes to mind... she had to be the favourite when she went through, and she left kinda early...

Hello everyone!

What's been happening in the Aussie Thread over the past couple of days?

Talk about the Kooks concerts a few of us are going to...

Tanya talking to herself for a couple of pages...

Me whinging about my ankle...

Talk about what is offensive in regards to religions...

TAH DAH! *giggles like 13 year old fangirly*

TheKooks.jpg

:stretcher:

That's coz I didn't get it until 9:02!

And that's 2 minutes before 7:04! :naughty:

I know what I keep forgetting to ask.....WHERE'S STUCKZZZZZ...I miss her

I know! I think I've seen her in some other threads :tears:

*dances around office to "Do You Wanna"*

*joins in the dancing*

*does*

WHERE'S BIANCA

At the Royal Show :tears:

I thought about you because I was saying hi to anybody in a thread, and I wrote: "G'Day!"...and then I remembered the english class about a story that happened in Australia that involved an alligator (or it was a crocodrile?)

A crocodile! We don't have alligators here :P

Damn... did you end up finding it?

No :tears: I had to wear my Bedroom Pholosopher one instead.

Oh yeah!

I'm surprised Bianca hasn't slapped me yet...

*jumps with Tanya and Bianca*

*slaps you*

*joins the jumping*

Hello everyone....

I'm not sure about anyone else Tanya but I can say that I was absent ft Melz and twatty in Melbourne for Melz's belated birthday lunch *pbs*

Funtime had by all

Oooh! *goes to AMF*

Hiya SD ! TANYA has been happening in the Aussie thread in the last couple of days !!!

:lmfao:

If that girl ever has a bad day, I'll be shocked... and likely drop dead..

Thanh doesn't really have a strong enough voice for John's songs... ANd I was quite disappointed about the no bagpipes bit...

Oh, and did you see that Tom's no longer there? Though I felt sorry for the kid when that girl in the front grabbed hold of him... I think she's old enough to know better...

Actually, what Darren said to Tom was interesting... People don't like you as much as you think... but people don't hate you as much as you think either... Maybe we should tell that to Mika?

Yes, so far Chrislyn doesn't seem to be able to do any wrong. I think you might be right about Thanh's voice. It's not as strong as I would wish it to be. *sigh* Yes, I was watching. I found the whole thing extremely painful. Teale was smiling and looked quite relaxed, Madam was covering very well if she was upset, but Tom looked like he was awaiting execution! Having said that, he sang better tonight, almost as if he suddenly "got" the song. All of them sang better tonight. It's interesting that you brought up what Darren said, cos I felt like sending a message to Teale about what Mika said about pop marmite. In response to what he was saying about his personality...

Wes did well... I don't mind him now... ad long as he stays away from tht U2... and loses the hat! :naughty:

I think Darren thought Teale was a bit of alright... that's okay, I thought Teale was a bit of alright too! :das: Something about his eyes...

I like the hat! Actually, if you go to his myspace page there are a couple of vids (that I saw first on youtube but it's easier to find them on his myspace page) of some of his original stuff and it's done without the hats.

Yes, Darren did seem to have a thing for Teale that went beyond admiration of a fellow artist didn't he?:das:

It's a huge part of it... so's looks too... then again, Shannon Noll got 2nd, and his voice isn't as good as a lot of others... nor is he as pretty as Guy...

I thought it was a really good interpretation of the song... though Madam really need to stick with what suite her voice... She's not going to go well with Abba though...

F**king Abba...

Yes, all of them are easy on the eyes aren't they? I'm really curious to see who actually does manage to do well with ABBA! Maybe Wes will dress up as Bjorn and play piano! He already has the beard :rofl:

Not exactly... won't make much difference anyways, I'm going to Sydney to see RBSKY! :punk:

Not exactly...

Next time I'm in the neighbourhood we'll have to meet up...

I don't think I'll be in Bowral again for a while... it's just a weekend holiday thing with a bunch of friends. We've got this cottage for the weekend, should be nice.

Absolutely... though some people think that the favourite will get enough votes and then they get booted off... Ricki-Lee comes to mind... she had to be the favourite when she went through, and she left kinda early...

I have to confess that I didn't vote this week... I planned to vote tonight if there was anybody I wanted to save particularly but there wasn't so I didn't bother. They can have my phone credit some other week lol.

Also - Tanya - I can't believe after all that post whoring you left with only 2 posts to go before reaching 4 digits :roftl:

:roftl: Hahah !! I was wondering the exact same thing OKD !! :naughty:

Congrats. on your ticket success hun !! :huglove::thumb_yello:

EDIT: She prob. didn't take it to 1,000 'cos there weren't enough of us around to create that huge FANFARE that she deserves ... :naughty:

Forgot to watch Idol, was too busy playing on the comp!

Who ended up getting voted off?

JOLS !!! Don't go just yet ... I been trying to catch you here long enough to show you a pic. of a girl on myspace who I reckon looks ALOT like you !!! I don't know her .... she just comes up as "cool new people" ... :naughty:

*goes to photobucket*

Yes, so far Chrislyn doesn't seem to be able to do any wrong. I think you might be right about Thanh's voice. It's not as strong as I would wish it to be. *sigh* Yes, I was watching. I found the whole thing extremely painful. Teale was smiling and looked quite relaxed, Madam was covering very well if she was upset, but Tom looked like he was awaiting execution! Having said that, he sang better tonight, almost as if he suddenly "got" the song. All of them sang better tonight. It's interesting that you brought up what Darren said, cos I felt like sending a message to Teale about what Mika said about pop marmite. In response to what he was saying about his personality...

Oh yeah... he did a lot better tonight... but still... I think Madam was a bit upset to lose him... oh well...

Actually, did you see some of the fangirls crying? FFS!

I think that might be a good idea... I'm sure people will get him eventually.. some people have the personality to get people to like them straight away... I get the impression that he's a little deeper than what he seems...

I like the hat! Actually, if you go to his myspace page there are a couple of vids (that I saw first on youtube but it's easier to find them on his myspace page) of some of his original stuff and it's done without the hats.

Really? Might have to check that out at one stage...

Yes, Darren did seem to have a thing for Teale that went beyond admiration of a fellow artist didn't he?:das:

Yeah... def was past admiration of a fellow artist... esp how he agreed with what Marcia said last night! :das:

Yes, all of them are easy on the eyes aren't they? I'm really curious to see who actually does manage to do well with ABBA! Maybe Wes will dress up as Bjorn and play piano! He already has the beard :rofl:

:lmfao:

I can see him doing something like Rock Me... I think Luke's going to struggle with ABBA, but for some reason I think Wes will be okay... after all he aded his own little twist to Friday On My Mind...

I don't think I'll be in Bowral again for a while... it's just a weekend holiday thing with a bunch of friends. We've got this cottage for the weekend, should be nice.

That's okay... Bowral's still pretty far for me...

If I happen to be in Canberra for something, I'll come visit...

I have to confess that I didn't vote this week... I planned to vote tonight if there was anybody I wanted to save particularly but there wasn't so I didn't bother. They can have my phone credit some other week lol.

I didn't either...

Will have to check tomorrow. I shouldn't be here atm.

Okies... the last two chapters aren't up yet...