The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go... my questions...

# When are you going to come back to Australia?

# If you do come back to Oz, what songs do you think you'll cover (please say U2 or INXS)?

# What did you think of the weird woman that asked you to wear a plastic bracelet in Sydney?

# When will the new album be ready?

# What the hell is the song Rain all about???

# Where is the album being recorded?

Good questions...I went with the obvious....I asked him if we were likely to get a tour in the next 12 months!

....or powderfinger

When will the ablum be ready....*shouts* Hey Kelz, how are you going freezing hell :naughty:

And this one...

What do you do with vegemite?

a. spread it on bread and eat it

b. cover yourself with it to keep drop bears away

c. put it in tea

d. Use it to make gravy

I'm gonna ask him if he knows what drop bears are

I think three out of four is correct:bleh:

Oh!! Nice!!! Just for the day?

I'm innocent.

I am innocent!!!!!

No surprises there

The chest hair has been airbrushed to look thinner..

Lol!! Mika has to do the Aussie Citizenship test.

But, if he does it and passes it - will we forgive him for his cancellation??

I'd forgive him if he blogged it and gave it a go.

Yep!

Untitled.jpg

:angel_not:

No it hasn't...he's an old fart, it's getting thinner all on it's own!:naughty:

I'd forgive him if he did the test and blogged :wink2:

Hiya Tan !! Ok thanks ... a bit tired ... ..

You need to look after yourself a bit better!

He'd def get points for trying...

We'll have to get Bec onto it then!

I understand... watching it now...

Coolness! Can't wait!

He'd get more points if he announced a tour!

I knew that bi*ch was no good when she was doing Palmer!

Done!

Besides, I'm sure I could have come up with more squirmish questions. That and I'm not going to be all fangirlish and ask him what colour underwear he wears on his day off.

Grey bog catchers:naughty:

Hello, Aussies. I was going to MQ but as usual there's way too much.

I just saw that Tegan and Sara are performing on the 9th at the Palace Theatre. I'm thinking of going if I can.

Lazy!

OMG did you see the ticket price? It's only $56.20...but how come they're playing at the same venue as the kooks but it's on sale through ticketek...that's unusual?

He'd def get points for trying...

We'll have to get Bec onto it then! :naughty:

As I can't be bothered sending an email myself ... I'll post the questions in here one of these days, and one of you can :wink2:

I'm expecting him to not even attempt it though

Isolated myself from the net for a large part of the day because it was running slow (last day of the month ft running out of downloads = slow speed)

Still is slow.... but I can deal for the last little bit :wink2:

OMG did you see the ticket price? It's only $56.20...but how come they're playing at the same venue as the kooks but it's on sale through ticketek...that's unusual?

Only T&G's Sydney and Melbourne shows are through Ticketek, the rest of their Aussie shows are via elsewhere, so I guess it is unusual.

I posted a new blog and, like, changed the layout and stuff: http://biance.wordpress.com/

And I think it's Tanya's birthday tomorrow/today (well, in 47 minutes, really, but already now for her I guess). Assuming she isn't a dirty liar. Or rather, assuming she is a dirty liar for not mentioning it :sneaky2:

Well I made this just incase: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1848735 :naughty:

Ok, if you'd gotten to the tears/upset stage then the manager should've been called.. And you should've been told to return with all 4 items so they could do a complete refund, then redo the transaction ft. sale prices.. You had every right for getting angry and upset because they weren't understanding of the situation. It wasn't very good customer service. So don't make yourself feel like you over-reacted.

Go in tomorrow and demand to see the manager.. And if you really liked those 2 tops then get them and demand (to the manager) that you still get them for the sale price. If he/she hesitates say "You know I'll tell 10 friends of this bad experience, and they'll tell 10 friends who will tell 10 friends as well."

Don't let this experience stop you from having 2 tops you liked. Go in there and get what you want. And think of it as a victory.

*points up*

What she said!

Love the vid Bianca... you bloody nutter!

....and I plan to keep on reminding her as often as I can

No reminding even neccesary! *fangurl*

And I totally forgot to say -

CONGRATS ON 1000 POSTS, YOU UN-POST WHORE!!!!!!

I just saw that Tegan and Sara are performing on the 9th at the Palace Theatre. I'm thinking of going if I can.

Coolness...

Never heard any of their music before...

Oh yeah, when I saw they were going to be at Byron bay I looked them up finally, saw a few songs on youtube. They were good I guess, but then I forgot about them :smth:

Do you like my new avvie?

Clipboard01-2.jpg

:naughty:

I posted new blog

(nothing interesting much)

*will read after MQ:naughty:*

Hello Silver! :huglove: How are you? How was your weekend (we never get to catch up anymore)

Hi Kelz :thumb_yello:I can't remember the weekend - that was like ....days ago:blink:

But I do still seem to have an awful lot of cake to get through.:roftl:

I'm off for the moment girls....NCIS you understand :wink2:

NCIS - mmm Gibbs :naughty:

And a belated congrats on your 1000th post

(1000:roftl: a mere amateur)

CD - not sure what your consumer laws are, but I would say you were right and K-mart were wrong

According to what the woman at the counter said, it sounds like company policy. I just think it's a very bad policy.

I agree that the people at K-mart are wrong in this instance but I think that in the future, instead of talking to a check-out person about it you should ask to speak to their supervisor or manager. I hope this doesn't sound too offensive, but speaking from the point of view of somebody who has been on the other side of the counter, there is usually nothing they can do in that kind of situation without the approval of a superior. Even then it can be hard to do what the customer wants if it goes against company protocol.

But for something like a couple of shirts the service people should be willing to be a bit lenient to do what the customer wants. I know I always did for smaller things if the customer appeared to be honest. And you obviously are! :thumb_yello:

I did ask to speak to someone else, she went and got someone else who confirmed what she said. I asked to speak to the manager who couldn't be tracked down right at that moment. She did say that it was the way she'd been taught to do it and "you get in trouble if you don't do it this way" (ft vague look towards the back of the store, like Big Brother was watching or something).

You know CD, I think that is just the way K-mart are. My mum has had so many fights with our K-mart that it's not funny. Don't feel too bad about your reaction....we all do that sometimes :wub2:

I haven't had problems with them before really, so I was quite surprised at this. But I do feel bad about my reaction. I've been a checkout chick. There is no call to get so worked up over a couple of shirts... But in addition to the emotions of the situtation, I was suffering a serious lack of sleep and had just recieved a text msg about a friend's 4yr old who's just been diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't in a great frame of mind. But I should have been icily polite, not crying.

Ok, if you'd gotten to the tears/upset stage then the manager should've been called.. And you should've been told to return with all 4 items so they could do a complete refund, then redo the transaction ft. sale prices.. You had every right for getting angry and upset because they weren't understanding of the situation. It wasn't very good customer service. So don't make yourself feel like you over-reacted.

Go in tomorrow and demand to see the manager.. And if you really liked those 2 tops then get them and demand (to the manager) that you still get them for the sale price. If he/she hesitates say "You know I'll tell 10 friends of this bad experience, and they'll tell 10 friends who will tell 10 friends as well."

Don't let this experience stop you from having 2 tops you liked. Go in there and get what you want. And think of it as a victory.

"The customer is always right" Is a guideline we try to work by, but sometimes the manager is the only one who can admit that.

Like SD points out below..

Absolutely. Only a manager can override things.. But this sales person sounded like they weren't willing to help.

Oh, I plan to see the manager. And I will take all four tops back. I actually mentioned when there were two staff members there that I should have just brought all four back and then got them to put them through again the right way, but then it was like "But the sale is over" which I'm presuming is something to do with the way the computer is set up during the sale to automatically generate the discount on the second item and is a hassle (if not impossible) to do manually afterwards. In fact, I've never seen a docket like this. If you buy chips at the supermarket for instance with a deal on, it just puts the two through at regular price and then puts the discount immediately after the second item ie:

Chips $2.99

Chips $2.99

Deal -$1.98

If I bought six packets of chips and decided to return two, they wouldn't be telling me I broke two deals!

And the other thing is, if I'd lost my docket, but was standing there with my two shirts in the bag, still with the tags on, and wanted to return them and get a refund, wouldn't they have refunded me the full price of BOTH shirts, since unless I said something about buying them during the sale, they wouldn't know when I bought them? It certainly doesn't encourage you to do the right thing!

He's very hyped up... I can see why kids like him...

Being a supervisor and having to do a lot of refunds and such... you would think they could be somewhat flexible when it comes to refunds...

Question: Did you put the same sizes together when you put them on teh counter?

Yeah, company policy can interfere... was it the supervisor who did it? They'll usually give you what you want if you seem to be irate..

I'd be surprised that they let normal cashiers do refunds (then again, it might be different being a department store)... I know at Franklins only supervisors and managers can do refunds (they're the only ones who have the ability to do it), a supervisor can do it without a manager...

Usually you can be lenient with it if they appear honest... I know that there are times I've given someone something when it seemed they were honest (or they were regulars)...

I was holding the shirts on their hangers grouped in the sizes when I handed them to the guy, ie both x sizes together, both y sizes together. I never even noticed that he put them through as the colours together, but then, how was he to know i was thinking of returning two of them and that it would matter?

Well, I'm presuming that she's only a regular cashier, but she's working on the returns counter, so surely she has the authority to do returns without a supervisor. Obviously not the authority to bend the policy though. To me it was just a no-brainer. Buy one shirt, get 60% off the second shirt of equal or lesser value. That's two shirts. Buy four shirts, same deal. Surely if you return two, you've still bought two. I could not have envisaged it would be so flippin complicated!

Do you like my new avvie? :naughty:

Can't see it. You'll have to describe it to me... or did you use that jetstar pic that you put up?

I knew that bi*ch was no good when she was doing Palmer!

Hubby hadn't realised she was the same girl who was doing Palmer and I wandered out (after getting off the phone) and went "Isn't she the one who was getting it on with Palmer?" Cue next scene where they discuss that very thing. Hubby - :doh:

Not being someone who goes to gigs... Are you saying that's a good price or are you being sarcastic?

So has anyone asked when he's coming to Australia yet? :naughty:

I was gonna but I forgot...

That has to suck when you're underage... so I guess you won't be overage till 21, right?

Nah, that's the States. Here it's 19.

Where? When? Why?

Mikasounds. Yesterday. Because. :P

Oh I'm sorry ER...I never thought of you when I said that :wub2:

Nawww, s'ok. I'd hate them too...us teenagers are annoying on principle :P

And this one...

What do you do with vegemite?

a. spread it on bread and eat it

b. cover yourself with it to keep drop bears away

c. put it in tea

d. Use it to make gravy

I'm gonna ask him if he knows what drop bears are :naughty:

HAHAHAHAHA

*worships*

(1000:roftl: a mere amateur)

I can still remember congratulating you on 1000, and then the joking over how you would get to 2000 before we got an official announcement :lmfao: omg.

Nawww, s'ok. I'd hate them too...us teenagers are annoying on principle :P

Exactly :naughty: When I went to my first 18+ gig I was like ":blink:WTF? Why is everyone being so much more civilized? ... except for that one drunk guy"

Hmm, yes, you have to choose between the drunk people or the general air of physchotic teenagers :naughty:

I can still remember congratulating you on 1000, and then the joking over how you would get to 2000 before we got an official announcement :lmfao: omg.

Me too! What happened since then??!

Exactly :naughty: When I went to my first 18+ gig I was like ":blink:WTF? Why is everyone being so much more civilized? ... except for that one drunk guy"

Hmm, yes, you have to choose between the drunk people or the general air of physchotic teenagers :naughty:

Drunk people are so funny though :roftl: At Pemberton they kept giving me high-fives.

:cheerful_h4h:

:mad3: I'm desperately trying to find this necklace my friend has wanted forever, to get for her birthday, but the selfish bastards who make it are "taking a break". I must have been to about 400 sites now but they are all sold out :tears:

:cheerful_h4h:

:mad3: I'm desperately trying to find this necklace my friend has wanted forever, to get for her birthday, but the selfish bastards who make it are "taking a break". I must have been to about 400 sites now but they are all sold out :tears:

Awww, that's horrid...have you tried eBay? *smth*

Awww, that's horrid...have you tried eBay? *smth*

No! *tries* Yes I have :tears:

It's this:

124200715226AMa.jpg

I can't decide if I should:

a). Get her something different from the indie shop she found it on.

b). Get for something completely different - something for Costa Rica (but I have no idea what)

c). Get some beads and polymer and MAKE her the necklace and matching earrings .. they are handmade anyway :smth:

Okay. I only just came up with option c while I was writing this list. That is a brilliant idea. That would work out cheaper too :lmfao::kachinga: