• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cyclone-y. =]

So I was just listening to the radio, when they announced that areas between Innisfail and Ayr had just been issued a cyclone warning. Cyclone Ellie is category 1 (lowest) and is likely to reach the coast near Cardwell early tomorrow morning. Nonetheless, since the path of Ellie is still uncertain, we here in Townsville have just been out shopping for our 'cyclone packs'. Which brings back memories of cyclone Larry in 2006. Dad's idea of a cyclone pack was spam, long-life milk and coco-pops. lol.

From the Bureau of Meteorology this morning-

Details of Tropical Cyclone Ellie at 9:00 am EST

.Centre located near...... 16.9 degrees South 147.2 degrees East

.Location accuracy........ within 55 kilometres

.Recent movement.......... towards the southwest at 4 kilometres per hour

.Wind gusts near centre... 100 kilometres per hour

.Severity category........ 1

.Central pressure......... 990 hectoPascals

IDQ65001.gif

As you can see form this image, it's pretty close to us. Either way, we're gonna get strong winds, so I'd better go and pack up all my stuff outside!

Goodmorning. Our radio news just said that due to the severe weather conditions in London (and Wales) there are no busses! Is it really that bad?:shocked:

Here in Holland it is not that cold (minus 1 degree Celsius) but there is a mean wind from the east: brrrrrrrrrrrrrr......:thumbdown: Makes it feel like minus 20!

Oh yes, we've had some pretty bad weather everywhere in Italy, floods in the south, snow up north! We had a bit of snow here yesterday, but it wasn't sticking. Woke up today and everywhere was white!!

It sounds like everything has come to a halt at home :blink:

Goodmorning. Our radio news just said that due to the severe weather conditions in London (and Wales) there are no busses! Is it really that bad?:shocked:

Here in Holland it is not that cold (minus 1 degree Celsius) but there is a mean wind from the east: brrrrrrrrrrrrrr......:thumbdown: Makes it feel like minus 20!

Well, the buses are not running, and neither are trains and tubes! Madness. It's like the whole city and surrounding area has come to a standstill.

Ok, too lazy to make a new post. Here is what I posted in the 'Snow show' thread :naughty:

I got TONS of snow!! Like 30 cm, it's mad! No cars can run as the roads are full of snow and there is no grit, and the trains into London on my route have all been cancelled :shocked:. Same for the tube that I need to take after the train, so I was stuck at home.

I didn't have my work laptop either, so I'm trying to make do installing stuff on my 'normal' laptop to access some systems and all that, but it's a bit annoying. Mind you, if I had my work laptop with me it would be perfect :naughty:. I took tons of nice pics and will take some more, which I will put on photobucket soon so I can share them.

It started snowing last night around 5 pm and it has NOT STOPPED SINCE!!! :punk:

school was cancelled....... :thumb_yello:

so i made a SNOWMAN!!!!!!! :punk: check out his spikey hair!

DSCN1931.jpg

i couldnt find any stones in the snow for the eyes and mouth! :naughty:

DSCN1957.jpg

Really beautiful!:wub2:

I wish I was in London today! :sad: