The Most Marvellous Mika Mail

Petra

okay I want to try this but i'm pretty new. can someone explain (in a simple way) how this works? cause this sounds like fun :D

please help,

thanks

You might want to check out the first page of this thread, but it basically says

"Originally Posted by lilmot

Hmmmm.....I can give you my two cents worth. If you decide you want to join you pm Petra with the details of what type of partner you are looking for. For example: someone from UK or Japan, or anyone outside the US etc etc. You can also specify youngling or oldling.....or you can find your own partner by pming someone you see on the list and asking them. If they agree to be your partner, you let Petra know.

Then, you talk to your partner to get some ideas of what they would like to receive, what they like (or you stalk them on MFC ). This part can be fun too as you get to know more about your new friend. You usually make mutual agreements on when you will send each other a parcel. Sometimes things get delayed but you are responsible for keeping in touch with your partner and making sure that they know what is up.

Then, you shop. You wrap or pack in a box. You might include a note or a letter, and you mail it off. (and wait to receive yours)

To me the fun part is doing the shopping for someone else and trying to think of fun, interesting things that your partner would like. Then, of course, one day receiving a box of goods from some foreign port is rather exciting too. I will have to say that I done it several times and I have really enjoyed it and I learned about other places and made some good friends. "

did you finish everything yet?

did you try Tim Hortons coffee???

I have tasted everything except for the coffee (and the maple lollipop but I don't want to open it!!)! I don't have the regular coffee maker in this house, that's something for this weekend, can't wait :licks_lips:

Finished? No, I still have leftovers (thank god :naughty:). Btw I tried that bear paw/claw? yesterday, and it tastes like a mix of gingerbread and speculoos! :teehee:

so here 's some pics of the lovely Mika Mail i got from Tina (going to split them over 2 posts :teehee:)

this was waiting for me when i got home yesterday:

PA140161.jpg?t=1287157920

i opened the box and look::teehee:

PA140164.jpg?t=1287157920

quallity of next pic isn't very good :sad:

PA140165.jpg?t=1287157920

now some pics of content of box after i emptied it :teehee:

some lovely (:wub2:) Mika pics (the one with the paint, is one of my favourite pics btw :teehee:) and earrings and other things i loved but don't know word in english for :roftl:

PA150175.jpg?t=1287157920

PA150177.jpg?t=1287157920

i really loved my mika mail so much :wub2::wub2::wub2:

thank you Tina :biggrin2::huglove:

edit: forgot to say i loved the earrings so much...

well i loved everything really :teehee::wub2:

edit2: can't wait to start eating the candy :biggrin2:

Edited by ilseh1983

i really loved my mika mail so much :wub2::wub2::wub2:

thank you Tina :biggrin2::huglove:

edit: forgot to say i loved the earrings so much...

well i loved everything really :teehee::wub2:

edit2: can't wait to start eating the candy :biggrin2:

I´m happy that you like it. :biggrin2:

I would send you special german Chocolate, but we don´t have special Chocolate here, only the same (Lindt, Milka,...) like in other european countries.

The only typical German one is the Gingerbread Heart from the Oktoberfest. :wink2:

The Chocolate is from a famous little shop in our town.

I love the earrings, too. Have them i a bigger size. :wink2:

The Make up Bag is selfmade.

Did you know the Tigerduck / Janosch in Belgium? Here it´s very famous.

I´m happy that you like it. :biggrin2:

I would send you special german Chocolate, but we don´t have special Chocolate here, only the same (Lindt, Milka,...) like in other european countries.

The only typical German one is the Gingerbread Heart from the Oktoberfest. :wink2:

The Chocolate is from a famous little shop in our town.

I love the earrings, too. Have them i a bigger size. :wink2:

The Make up Bag is selfmade.

Did you know the Tigerduck / Janosch in Belgium? Here it´s very famous.

didn't know the tigerduck, but love it very much :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

here is marvelous and so long awaited parcel from Silver )))

the box opened

1.jpg

sweet and candies

2.jpg

snacks

3.jpg

postcards, observer's article, DVD

4.jpg

Silver, thanks a million for a DVD !!!! loved the documentaries especially!

some stationaries, jewelry, fobs and buttons

5.jpg

and the chocolate

6.jpg

MIKADOs and M&S bars were really delicious!!!

sorry... i haven't posted pics earlier ... coz i actually received it last Saturday ... but it took me a week to transfer pics from my phone and upload it here