Book Club

foalbaby14

So I couldn't find any thread of this kind, but if there is one that I missed please feel free to delete this one:blush-anim-cl:

I love to read,so I was thinking that each month we could all decide on a book and read it and then discuss it like a real book club. It doesn't have to be a new book it can be an old one.

Even if you have read a book and really liked it you could suggest it and then we could have it as the book of the month, and you can also join in on the discussion.

What do you guys think?

Book of the Month:

??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of that either :naughty:

So far, it's about this father who's telling his daughter about his research on Drakulya (Dracula) and yeah. It's kind of spooky.

oooo that does sound spooky, my friend and I tried to read this one Goosebumps book but got to scared so we stopped:naughty:

I just went to the library today and got a bunch of books, haven't started any though:naughty:

I'm sort of looking for "The Secret Life of Bees". Want to read the book before the movie comes out. Has anyone heard of it? Saw the cast on Oprah last week - looks quite charming.

I'm sort of looking for "The Secret Life of Bees". Want to read the book before the movie comes out. Has anyone heard of it? Saw the cast on Oprah last week - looks quite charming.

Is that the movie with Dakota Fanning?

OMG i have that book right now!!!! my aunt is letting me borrow it!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Bees-Monk-Kidd/dp/0142001740/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223517686&sr=8-2

http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=secret+life+of+bees

Suzy, that book is amazing. It's one of my favourites--I'd definitely recommend it.

i really wanna read the tao of pooh:naughty: and i am not just saying that because of mika:bleh: although he is one of the reasons why i want to read it lol but it seems like a really interesting book and how it talks about religion through winnie the pooh and stuff i also really love learning about religion i dunno why

this is a cool idea! right now im.... not reading a book. lol

i have one somewhere that i havent read, and i would call my parents to see where it is cuz last time a saw it it was in there room, but its there anniversery so i'll just take one outta my sisters room

I just finished reading Atonement. I wasn't expecting to like it but I though it was really good.:thumb_yello:

If you see the movie, you'll see my hometown (pretending to be Dunkirk)- it's the most exciting thing to happen to Redcar for years. I struggled with the book though and didn't finish it.

i really wanna read the tao of pooh:naughty: and i am not just saying that because of mika:bleh: although he is one of the reasons why i want to read it lol but it seems like a really interesting book and how it talks about religion through winnie the pooh and stuff i also really love learning about religion i dunno why

And another one I didn't finish! I'm afraid I thought the title the best thing about it

Are we trying to find a book we're all going to read then talk about? I'd go for that. I'm reading Sea of Poppies at the moment. It's good, but you really need peace and quiet to concentrate, and chunks of about an hour to get into it- which I don't have a lot of.

• 2 weeks later...

Suzy, I don't know if this helps any but my friend read that and I asked her, out of 5 stars, what she would rate the book. And she said that she would give it 4.5 stars out of 5.

I forgot to ask her why she thought it was so good...

That probably didn't help at all, did it..?:lol3:

wiii what a lurvelly thread :wub2:

now i'm reading "the 5th elephant" by Terry Pratchett (i know i'm 18 and i should read serious books... but i don't care)I got Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter (yes because Mika thinks is a great book)...i'd like to read it but it's in my pc and it gets pretty tiring... i'll just finish this one and then i'll print the other and read it.

uhmm the best book i read i think it was "Shadow of the wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. that's an amazing book. i loved it! it's supposed to be a series but i only got this one. i'm looking for the other ones. but i sincerely recommend this book to everyone. :wink2:

wiii what a lurvelly thread :wub2:

now i'm reading "the 5th elephant" by Terry Pratchett (i know i'm 18 and i should read serious books... but i don't care)I got Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter (yes because Mika thinks is a great book)...i'd like to read it but it's in my pc and it gets pretty tiring... i'll just finish this one and then i'll print the other and read it.

uhmm the best book i read i think it was "Shadow of the wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. that's an amazing book. i loved it! it's supposed to be a series but i only got this one. i'm looking for the other ones. but i sincerely recommend this book to everyone. :wink2:

Terry Pratchett isn't un-serious! I love his books, and I don't think they're at all immature.

I just started a book called "The Bone People"...I forget the name of the author...I haven't read much, but I'm really enjoying it so far. The writing style is really original, even though it gets confusing at times.

Terry Pratchett isn't un-serious! I love his books, and I don't think they're at all immature.

I just started a book called "The Bone People"...I forget the name of the author...I haven't read much, but I'm really enjoying it so far. The writing style is really original, even though it gets confusing at times.

:bow: at least someone who is not yelling at me for reading terry pratchett at 18 y/o. i love his books.

i want to read Wyrd Sisters but they don't have it at British Council library :boxed:

...the bone people...that sounds so familiar...

*googles* .... nothing familiar now :blink:...it sounds interesting, what is it about?